Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How to turn off cinematics?

My computer is too shit and freezes up every time a cinematic starts so I am looking for a way to turn them off. I remember a blue posting a line on how to turn them off in config.wtf file but I unfortunately forgot it.

Just press escape everytime a cut scene appears

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never tried it or read about it, but you could maybe remove them from the WoW folder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Open a ticket with a GM, google isn't coming up with anything. /shrug
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-12-05 at 06:05 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    I wish I could do that but WoW freezes as soon as a cinematic is about to start. Luckily I never needed anything from Lich King because I had to shift alt delete every time he died.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2010-12-05 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    \World of Warcraft\Data\Interface\Cinematics

Delete them.

Tho I think after that you can't use Launcher anymore, which isn't a very wise thing.
    Last edited by Trivial; 2010-12-05 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Don't do that. Alot of places in Cataclysm, areas get's phased after a cutscene. So if you press escape it won't phase out and you will have to do the quest all over again. It was like this in the beta at least, especially in Uldum, where there are loads of cutscenes.

10+ Year Old Account
    didn't find it in the ingame options but as i have a ticket open right now, i'll ask it to a gm when he should reply. and i'll post it back if you didn't found the answer yet.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Värgen View Post
    Don't do that. Alot of places in Cataclysm, areas get's phased after a cutscene. So if you press escape it won't phase out and you will have to do the quest all over again. It was like this in the beta at least, especially in Uldum, where there are loads of cutscenes.
    That's quite obviously a beta bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    didn't find it in the ingame options but as i have a ticket open right now, i'll ask it to a gm when he should reply. and i'll post it back if you didn't found the answer yet.
    Thanks a lot! I'll open a ticket myself but knowing my luck I'll be level 85 before a GM responds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    Thanks a lot! I'll open a ticket myself but knowing my luck I'll be level 85 before a GM responds.
    no problemn they already escalated my ticket so with some luck i'll have my reply today. will keep you informed

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 07:26 PM ----------

update: got a gm reply, he said there should be an option at the login-screen where you can disable cinematics.

didn't found that option yet, might be at the launcher itself idk.
    Last edited by Millhi; 2010-12-05 at 06:28 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    update: got a gm reply, he said there should be an option at the login-screen where you can disable cinematics.

didn't found that option yet, might be at the launcher itself idk.
    Hmm, didn't find anything either, the only thing related to cinematics or cutscenes is showing the expansion cinematics (which coincidentally work just fine when in game ones don't).

Also made a thread on the official forums, will see how it goes.

Hate to break it to you ... But I think you might be in for a rude awakening when Cata hits if you're already having issues with cinematics.

Have you double and triple checked your graphical settings? There might be something you're missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, didn't find anything either, the only thing related to cinematics or cutscenes is showing the expansion cinematics (which coincidentally work just fine when in game ones don't).

Also made a thread on the official forums, will see how it goes.
    ye hope you get more luck there.

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ignusim View Post
    Hate to break it to you ... But I think you might be in for a rude awakening when Cata hits if you're already having issues with cinematics.

Have you double and triple checked your graphical settings? There might be something you're missing.
    theres no option to disable in-game cinematics in menu-options-video.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

My computer is too shit and freezes up every time a cinematic starts so I am looking for a way to turn them off. I remember a blue posting a line on how to turn them off in config.wtf file but I unfortunately forgot it.
    Are you sure it's not an add-on causing this? If not, have you tried running the repair tool?

I always got a client crash when the LK kill cinematic started, but it was an add-on causing this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignusim View Post

I know about Cata having tons of cutscenes, that's why I'm trying to find the option. Didn't miss anything in the graphical settings either.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Are you sure it's not an add-on causing this? If not, have you tried running the repair tool?

I always got a client crash when the LK kill cinematic started, but it was an add-on causing this.
    Do you remember what addon it was? It'll be kinda hard for me to test what addon is causing it when LK only dies once a week :\.
    Last edited by mmocd061d7bab8; 2010-12-05 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted
    You can start the Cinematic at the statue in the center of Dalaran.

Deleted
    Oh right, forgot about that. Thanks.

I really don't know, sorry.
    I really couldn't care about it since it was only once a week and I already saw the cinematic in Dala. O look a statue. He, a note, wonder what it says. BAM, cinematic...
    After 4.0 went live I deleted all my addons and just kept the most basic ones, but the problem is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    You can start the Cinematic at the statue in the center of Dalaran.
    I actually never checked that place again after the first time. But it might've been something combat add-on related that wouldn't cause problems if you watch the cinematic in Dala.

Good luck finding the addon causing problems, or else try the repair tool if you already havn't.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2010-12-05 at 08:06 PM.

Deleted
    Ran repair, tried it with no addons, not working. Guess I'm out of luck. This should be good enough of an incentive to buy a new computer or some parts.