Page 35 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    so i healing officer (druid) is asking me to take natures swiftness now. He told me its worth it now but im a bit on the fence about it.

pros: 1 talent points for a instead heal with a 50% heal buff
    makes battle rez instead when used with ns
    with the glyph and the ht usage i should be able to use it 1min 30 seconds.

cons: i dont like the talent
    1 point i could put into something else.
    i lose glyph of inner

Those aren't very valid cons you're bringing up.

1. The alternative talents you would take are either Blessing of the Grove, Perseverance, Living Seed or Naturalist. Although Naturalist is useful IF you tank heal (and is otherwise useless for a dedicated raid-healer) the other talents are very weak and provide very little overall healing (or none, in the case of Perseverance). So you're likely not actually sacrificing much to get NS.

2. You don't have to glyph HT if you get Nature's Swiftness. The HT glyph is only useful if you actually use HT regularly (such as for tank-healing). Otherwise, your NS cooldown will still be 3 minutes even if you have the glyph. So again, unless you're tank-healing, you have no reason to drop the Glyph of Innervate.

Deleted
    Had to register to post this. It seems that Swiftmend no longer consumes OoC, which is of course a great buff for us. I hated it before when you would Swiftmend a few hundred milliseconds after OoC procced, efficiently wasting the mentioned effect. I did not notice this in the patch logs, so here's to hoping it's working as intended rather than being hotfxied within a few days.
    Last edited by mmoced9c7f72b6; 2011-04-28 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox165 View Post
    so i healing officer (druid) is asking me to take natures swiftness now. He told me its worth it now but im a bit on the fence about it.

pros: 1 talent points for a instead heal with a 50% heal buff
    makes battle rez instead when used with ns
    with the glyph and the ht usage i should be able to use it 1min 30 seconds.

cons: i dont like the talent
    1 point i could put into something else.
    i lose glyph of inner
    I specced into for a few fights, then specced out. I didnt really care for it. Since Healing touch seems to have been stealth nerfed, although it was never that strong in the first place, with the NS buff it wasn't healing like I wanted it to be. If Healing Touch gets improved, I may return to this, but until then, I haven't much use for NS in the healer set up I usually run.

Big thumbs up to the efflo change and CD reduction on tranq, though.

Update the gear section for the ZA/ZG instances?

Any1 gets this bug?

When Im targetting someone and i change target to rejuv them, the rejuv goes on the first target. At first I thought I was the one failing ( I havent resto for awhile) But then I tried to do it " slowly" and it still does it :S

Can it be my Xperl or something? Cus its getting annoying when I wanna swiftmend some1 quickly I have to cast rejuv twice :X

Do you use mouse over macros with x-perl? If not then i highly suggest you switch over to them. There is a link to them in the front of the sticky. It will greatly increase your economy of motion when it comes to switching targets while healing. Also, I'd suggest to stop using x-perl as your healing frame, they can get the job done but there are many better options out there. I'd much prefer to use the default blizz UI raid frames or go all out and using the true healing frames like vuhdo, grid/clique, or healbot.

Onto your question, it might be due to the cast on key down functionality they added in the patch. I suspect you are holding the keybind down and releasing it after you have selected the new target. The spell is getting cast when you initially press the button thus causing the heal to go on your initial target. My Internet is down currently so I can't test this, but it sounds plausible to me. If you switch to mouse overs or clique style healing from HB, vuhdo, or grid you definitely won't ever see the problem again
    Last edited by Cerelli; 2011-04-30 at 05:16 PM.

Do you use keybinds (where you have to target a player and then hit a button to cast a heal), mouseover macros (where you hover your mouse over a player's frame then hit a button to cast a heal) or do you use Clique or have Xperl set up so that they cast a heal automatically when you click a player's frame? We need to know how your keybinds work in order to troubleshoot what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kripthmaul View Post
    Any1 gets this bug?

When Im targetting someone and i change target to rejuv them, the rejuv goes on the first target. At first I thought I was the one failing ( I havent resto for awhile) But then I tried to do it " slowly" and it still does it :S

Can it be my Xperl or something? Cus its getting annoying when I wanna swiftmend some1 quickly I have to cast rejuv twice :X
    I was having this problem earlier, i realised it was because of the new settings to cast abilities on key down press instead of key up. Just go into interface --> combat --> uncheck the bottom left hand box.

Quote Originally Posted by gawad View Post
    I was having this problem earlier, i realised it was because of the new settings to cast abilities on key down press instead of key up. Just go into interface --> combat --> uncheck the bottom left hand box.
    Thank you for solving my problem good sir.

Personally, I still think Heartsong > PT for healers, even resto druids, and here is why;

Just like the Int proc trinkets, Intellect procs can be wasted. During lesser healing phases/little heavy damage incoming then the increase in SP/Crit will be pretty much useless, and you may get it to proc right before an insane period of damage, and oops....just fell off right when you needed it.

With a Spirit proc, unless you're at 100% mana, then it will never be wasted, ever. Just my opinion, I feel more comfortable with HS than PT. Perhaps this will change when I severely out-gear the content, but doing HM's right now, it feels like HS is the better bet.

I've never had a tank/raid member die becuase the heal I cast wasn't big enough by 1k or so, unless you're able to time other CDs perfectly with it like Innervate (Which you're not going to usually save especially for PT to proc) then I'd say go for HS as you'll get more mana returned in the long run with HS over PT.
    Last edited by Thorim; 2011-05-03 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I use the alch trinket and have no points in Furor and I rarely have mana issues. Also, keep in mind the Alch trinket provides the most amount of Int of any trinket in the game. I'm pretty sure it's the best throughput trinket in the game atm.

---------- Post added 2011-04-20 at 05:28 PM ----------

If you're losing effective healing because of overhealing, that doesn't justify going with a different stat combination. Either you need to drop a healer because you have too many in the raid or you need to completely ignore situations where you see overhealing because those aren't the times you need to maximize your healing potential.

You're trying to argue that since you'll be overhealing sometimes, you need to maximize your snipe-healing potential in order to be an effective healer. That could not be further from the truth. To be an effective healer you need to maximize your healing potential in situations where healing actually matters. In that case, overhealing should be the last thing you're concerned about seeing.

[Edit] By "snipe-healing" I mean your ability to steal heals from other healers in order to pad meters. If a player is guaranteed to be topped off on health well before they are at risk of dieing to a deadly blow, then it hardly matters whether it was your heal or another healer's that got to that player first. (That's assuming the player isn't at risk of dieing very quickly. If they are, then snipe-healing is a good thing. But the above argument does not apply to this kind of situation.)
    lolol padding meters

Signature by Kenz

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    Personally, I still think Heartsong > PT for healers, even resto druids, and here is why;

Just like the Int proc trinkets, Intellect procs can be wasted. During lesser healing phases/little heavy damage incoming then the increase in SP/Crit will be pretty much useless, and you may get it to proc right before an insane period of damage, and oops....just fell off right when you needed it.

With a Spirit proc, unless you're at 100% mana, then it will never be wasted, ever. Just my opinion, I feel more comfortable with HS than PT. Perhaps this will change when I severely out-gear the content, but doing HM's right now, it feels like HS is the better bet.
    you are neglecting the fact that intellect is also a regen stat. one that scales almost as well as spirit does. So regen proc+ other benefits > regen proc only

its that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post

PT gives almost as much, if not more regen based on when you innervate when heartsong. So no, PT is still BiS for every healer.

Quote Originally Posted by angelx7x View Post
    lolol padding meters
    I don't get the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Iselia View Post
    Update the gear section for the ZA/ZG instances?
    Here you go

Deleted
    Hello,

I've been using 8/2/31 since 4.1 and just this morning i noticed that Living seed was a filler talent and then is not need for raid healing. I've been thinking and wondering since few hours which spec was the (not the best, there are not) most common now.

I see people going with genesis 2/3 and furor 0/3 but i'm not raiding in HM atm, we are at 11/12N, trying to deafeat Nefarian. Moreover, this is my alt so i'm doing pickups or raiding as tank for my guild in the 2nd roaster.

But as i really enjoy to heal raid as druid, i wanted to know, from my actual raid situation (11/12, soon to start HM) and from actual gear, should i go for 10/0/31 or 8/2/31 and wich point should i use in resto tree, cause i never use NS and people are talking about it now, with the extra 50% heal blabla. As raid healer, should i go for it ? Is LS really useless ?

Help me guys pls

(can't link my character's url, my alt is Nahlä Tauren Druid on Arak-arahm EU serv)
    Last edited by mmoc3ccfffc189; 2011-05-08 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have logs from when you used 3/3 LS use this: http://theincbear.com/living-seed-replacement/
    Should tell you what spec will be best for the way you heal.

If you aren't ready to go 0/3 furor 2/3 MG you aren't ready. That's really only for pretty high end geared players. My alt that's just in 10s uses 3/3 MG and 2/3 furor and I need both. I'm in mostly reg raid gear with a few(very few) Hm pieces. My main is 13/13 25HM in mostly heroic gear and I only need 2/3 MG 0/3 furor. So it's really going to depend on gear, your other healers, what you're progressing on, among other things.

LS can still be a good raid healing talents based on how often you use ToL and how much you use LB in ToL. If you are in a 10m guild LS is still good because you do a lot more direct healing, especially on the tanks. In 25s it defiantly looses it's value.

I used the calc on my 10 and it showed LS > botg.
    On my 25 logs botg > LS

So it's really up to how you play, on both questions.

Deleted
    Hmm okay, as i'm only doing 10s i'll stick with LS, but should i go for NS since it got buffed ?

is this viable for 10s nearly 12/12 starting HM ? /talent#0hbhZMZMfzId0ruouo : oVcVbozm0
    Last edited by mmoc3ccfffc189; 2011-05-08 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaNaNa33 View Post
    Hmm okay, as i'm only doing 10s i'll stick with LS, but should i go for NS since it got buffed ?

is this viable for 10s nearly 12/12 starting HM ? /talent#0hbhZMZMfzId0ruouo : oVcVbozm0
    NS did get a nice buff but if you don't use it it may not be worth the point. I use it a lot so it's worth the point for me.

As for your spec, that works but I would still test the calc. From what I've seen with most people NB is better than both if you use RG on CC procs and in ToL. I tried to heal without NB in my 10 and I just didn't like it. So I switched into at least 2/3 NB and dispersed the points between Nat and LS.

But, you just need to find what works for you based off how you heal. The only reason BotG is a debatable talent is because it stacks additively so you don't get the full 4%. There are just so many specs that can work now it's hard to pinpoint one as the best, but yours is definitely fine.