Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

The Guild XP Nerf And Why It's Killing My Guild

First off I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this thread. I am never one to QQ about nerfs or patches but this one has hit me pretty hard. I've been guild leader of a small guild since 2006. We've played together and had fun together for a very long time. We have had people come and go but we've always been around. We were SO excited to hear about guild leveling and to really start plowing ahead. We were doing well just barely hitting the cap each day and having a lot of fun!

Then the nerf happened. Now we just barely hit level 3 while most guild are almost level 5. As we fall farther and farther behind we are incapable of recruiting new members, who wants to join a guild that will give them less, and we're losing current members to the mega guilds. It's breaking my heart. Us die hard loyalists are still here but as a guild leader I almost feel like I'm holding them back. They could be leveling their alts faster, skilling up faster, gathering materials faster, and gaining a ton of other bonuses but their not because of the loyalty to this guild.

I've seen small guilds around me dying at an alarming raid as they merge with mega guilds and just break up. I like playing with my friends and family and RL friends and just sticking to the good people that I know and love. Now it's like we're getting punished for it. Again I'm not trying to cry about it but it's really very frustrating. I hope that they make some kind of tiered XP reduction. I just don't know.
    Deathdealers of Dark Iron
    Banemorth - 80 Warlock Kerovinn - 80 Paladin Capemay - 64 Hunter
    Cogline - 80 Druid Ergos - 80 Rogue Grimsbane - 72 Death Knight

Level 5? That surprises me greatly as it is not possible to reach lvl 4 before today.

To be honest I would look for the reasons somewhere else, not of those perks are good enough to abandon a guild (considering that you would just get them a few days, a few weeks at most to the very end, later). Also unless noone plays in your guild and you are still levelling, this won't really impact the rate you are getting XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuffelbert View Post
    Level 5? That surprises me greatly as it is not possible to reach lvl 4 before today.

To be honest I would look for the reasons somewhere else, not of those perks are good enough to abandon a guild. Also unless noone plays in your guild and you are still levelling, this won't really impact the rate you are getting XP.
    Wrong - I've seen level 4 guilds before today.

Guild XP from quests has been reduced from 100% to 25%. Now on weekends with 4-6 of us playing most of the day we barely hit 60%. Weekdays it's much less 15%-20%. It's going to take more than a year for us to reach level 25, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert View Post
    Wrong - I've seen level 4 guilds before today.
    impossible, my guild has been on par with the guild xp and is one day away from level 4 and i am including the 3 hour window at cata release

I just think its bad that the achi based rewards significantly favour numbers over anything else. Loot 239847238947893749 of this, kill 32489789349827442 of that, craft 973854739853498573497385 of this. Yeah right us 10-12 person guilds can get that done within any reasonable timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    impossible, my guild has been on par with the guild xp and is one day away from level 4 and i am including the 3 hour window at cata release
    He probably saw guilds that made level 4 back when achievements still gave guild XP over the cap. That has since been reverted, so if they were level 4 because of it then they aren't any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree, this nerfing on Guild XP intake is rather horrible. I don't see why they had to do that. Not everybody has 100 people questing every single day.

Sigh...It will probably take us till the next expansion to get to Guild level 25, and we're a mid-sized guild with a decent amount of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Banemorth View Post
    It's going to take more than a year for us to reach level 25, if ever.
    I agree with you there. I know quite a few in that same situation that will end up leaving the game.

Love the wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I agree with you there. I know quite a few in that same situation that will end up leaving the game.

Love the wolf.
    try recruting a guild is not for 5 ppl you know......

Do what the pro guilds do I guess, invite tons of leveling nubs and give them some useless rank all their own so they can't mess with your bank and call it a day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Talk about over-dramatization. There needs to be something to separate the bigger guilds from the smaller ones since one large incentive was taken away with the changing of 10/25 man raid loot. If someone quits the game over something so stupid, good riddance. That is super absurd.

And this is coming from someone in a smaller guild.

quote for truth

Please make posts with more substance than this. Posting simply to agree with someone and add nothing else is against the rules...
    Warned. ~Raven
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-12-14 at 05:12 PM.

Blizz did state way back during the beta that all guilds would be treated the same reguardless of size. The only difference is that guild advancement would be more difficult to obtain from a smaller guild but is still manageable.

Deleted
    I wonder why people want to associate themselves with persons that would sell their mother for a 5% xp bonus...

Quote Originally Posted by micho View Post
    try recruting a guild is not for 5 ppl you know......
    Not everyone wants to be in a huge guild?

OT: My guild is fairly small as well but luckily we've been hitting the cap every day. Not sure if we still will after most of the guild hits 85 and stops questing though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well WoW is a time sink game (like most MMO's) If you can get everything maxed out in a month then people would stop playing. Blizzard saw how fast guilds were leveling and needed to limit how fast they would get capped.

My guilds not very big either (we're at level 3) but I understand the changes.

Love the wolf.
    Thanks! Yeah it is really frustrating. It's beyond the point that we're getting less than everyone else but that our efforts are rewarded less than everyone elses. We work just as hard if not harder than most members of the big guilds but we get rewarded less just because we're fewer in number. So you have to zerg recruit in order to get ahead? That is a bad system and a bad message to send to the community.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 11:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Well WoW is a time sink game (like most MMO's) If you can get everything maxed out in a month then people would stop playing. Blizzard saw how fast guilds were leveling and needed to limit how fast they would get capped.

My guilds not very big either (we're at level 3) but I understand the changes.
    We just barely hit level 3 last night. The problem that I have with this is that it isn't going to slow down any of the major guilds. If they wanted this to take longer for everyone they should have lowered the cap. All this does is encourage huge guilds.

This! Check the guilds now that the XP has been reverted. We lost rank when they did that, as I'm sure others did. You aren't far behind at the moment, but I do understand how this is hurtful for smaller guilds. I hope they make it better for you guys!

I know quite a few in that same situation that will end up leaving the game.
    Quitting the game over guild perks you were perfectly happy without less than a month ago... emo.