Did I miss something? Paid Race Change for Alliance Druids.

Ok, so I've been looking here and there for a week or so about race changing to a Worgen, and I had previously read that it would be possible to buy a race change now and save it until 12:01am in which case Worgen would become available.

Well, I've also heard that characters with pending race changes would be unable to be played until you've used the race change.

I also read that Alliance Druids wouldn't be able to buy a race change, because technically there is currently no option to change too.

I imagine that Blizzard must have changed something recently, or maybe it's because these people hadn't upgraded their accounts, but I have successfully paid for a race change on my Alliance Druid, and I can still log on to him.

Before you say, "pics plz kthx" or "screenshot or it didn't happen," here it is.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...510_203716.jpg

PS: I hope this is not too big, but I don't know how to link a thumbnail.

We are on the same server. Lets be friends .
    on topic: nice, I thought the same thing. Now i must buy my race change now :]

Quote Originally Posted by Altmania View Post
    We are on the same server. Lets be friends .
    on topic: nice, I thought the same thing. Now i must buy my race change now :]
    Well, now we know it works!

Deleted
    I think when you click the race change button worgen will be greyed and saying requires cata. If you have this option right now I can say you can change to worgen when the servers are up or enter the cata code.
    Also I remember I tried to race change few weeks ago on battle.net screen it said there is no race change available for this char. So maybe they updated to prevent massive race change demand on battle.net

Quote Originally Posted by eXsarus View Post
    I think when you click the race change button worgen will be greyed and saying requires cata. If you have this option right now I can say you can change to worgen when the servers are up or enter the cata code.
    Also I remember I tried to race change few weeks ago on battle.net screen it said there is no race change available for this char. So maybe they updated to prevent massive race change demand on battle.net
    Yes, I have clicked my Race Chance, and it does say, "Requires Cataclysm", and since I have digital pre-ordered, I imagine that it will work at 12:01am PST.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I've been told that if you buy a race change now you can simply wait until the new race/class combos are available to use it. I don't see why that wouldn't also apply to goblin/worgen, but I haven't seen specific confirmation.

If it's comforting, when you click the button to change race you can actually cancel out and not use it. When you click on the button you're not forced to use the race change request right then and there. In any case I guess my point is you could cancel out and seek further assistance." - Bashiok

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...ill-unanswered

Also, the whole bit about being able to log in before finalizing your changes if you want to is actually explained to you in the service itself... so that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

I never saw anyone say as a certainty that you could not setup a race change on a night elf druid. There was just speculation that it might not be allowed by their systems yet, since there was no other option presently available for Alliance+druid.

Well, I've also heard that characters with pending race changes would be unable to be played until you've used the race change.
    I thought this as well - from memory of faction changing an alt a year ago - but perhaps I had just assumed that I had to use that flagged-for-x-change button before I used that character.

Someone else confirmed that it is not so (or at least, no longer so). You can continue to play the flagged character as long as you like, and put off using your paid race change/faction swap/recustomization/rename for later.

race changes to the new race/class combinations was flawless at the release of 4.0.3a, why would race changing to the new races be any different.

People are so paranoid.

Hmm, am I right in remembering that when you swap race you spawn at that race's city with your hearthstone set to that city?

So would that be Darnassus for Worgen?

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    Hmm, am I right in remembering that when you swap race you spawn at that race's city with your hearthstone set to that city?

So would that be Darnassus for Worgen?
    I believe your thinking of faction changes, race changes shouldn't change the spot you were before the change.

Oh right, thanks

I'll complete my race change when cata goes live.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So. Now that it's live in Europe, any word on whether this actually works (buying it advance to activate after release, that is).
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced