Gilneas City phased?

So I wont be getting my cataclysm for another 9 hours, and I thought Id go to gilneas zone to poke some eyes out of the new worgen players, but the entire zone is completly empty of players and npcs, with the exception of some critters and highland foxes.. what gives?

It's a lot like the Death Knight area. I think you're leveling before the city was exterminated or w/e happen.
    I'm a random windstorm, shakey! shakey!

10+ Year Old Account
    For any players except new worgen doing their starting quests, the zone will indeed be phased out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapret View Post
    go to gilneas zone to poke some eyes out of the new worgen players
    you were going to go try to gank the new worgen? o.O

Outside of the starting Worgen the zone has a few Forsaken quest and that's it.
    Well, hunters can tame the two mobs there.

anyone know if race changing my 80 warr to worgen immediately will get me stuck in Gilneas? Or will I just be where my char logged normally?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valth View Post
    anyone know if race changing my 80 warr to worgen immediately will get me stuck in Gilneas? Or will I just be where my char logged normally?
    For race changes it doesn't move you anywhere. (A faction change to worgen would place you in Darnassus.)

Read the FAQ on Battle Net 'bout race changing.

You can't race change a worgen to w/e other race if the worgen is in Gilneas (and to get out, you must finish the quests) and same for goblin, replace Gilneas with Kezan.

Also, the FAQ states that a character you race change will stay at that exact same spot you log off before purchasing the race change.

It kind of makes me mad that Gilnes is not completely under Alliance control...Freaking undead!

So will Kezan/Lost Isles be phased out for non Goblins as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Rapret View Post
    So I wont be getting my cataclysm for another 9 hours, and I thought Id go to gilneas zone to poke some eyes out of the new worgen players, but the entire zone is completly empty of players and npcs, with the exception of some critters and highland foxes.. what gives?
    they said it was phased months ago =/. its like the deathknight starter zone it takes place in the past. current gilneas is a battleground hence the forsaken catapults etc. around the city
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elebbit View Post
    So will Kezan/Lost Isles be phased out for non Goblins as well?
    They're completely inaccessible to players that aren't new goblins (and new goblins who have left cannot go back).

It's phased. I'm fairly certain the current, phased zone is only there for lore, game mechanics and the few awesome Forsaken quests you do there. Worgen players level during the civil war and during the forsaken invasion

It's phased, many, many times phased. There's no action going down there exept possbily the sheep humping one another in the corn field. It's impossible to get into the starting zone phase without being a new wargan. There are no new wargan players to poke the eyes out of because for starters, cata isn't out yet, and you can't access the phase they are in. There is however a phase of "Ruins of Gilneas" that you go into during the Silverpine leveling which any horde player can do. It's basically the events after the wargan starting zone, and still no wargan to gank.

Phasing, love it, or it will bug you into the darkest corners of the WoW universe in a never ending vortex till a point when it will drive you to char deletion.
    rawr?