Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Earthen Ring, not rewarding rep!

Is anyone else having this issue? I'm not getting any rep for turning in quests for the Earthen Ring

10+ Year Old Account
    Me neither...I'm pretty far into the quest for them and it sucks. I've put a ticket in.
    Not much to say other than I'm a Share Holder in ActivisionBlizzard.

This is expected... glitches since it is a new and all, blizz must have a few million tickets just about now

New? That stuff has been beta for months, which is where silly bugs like that is supposed to be fixed.

Patience and understanding are all very well for a FREE product, but last time i checked, i had to pay for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Fela View Post
    New? That stuff has been beta for months, which is where silly bugs like that is supposed to be fixed.

Patience and understanding are all very well for a FREE product, but last time i checked, i had to pay for WoW.
    Beta was a small test phase they can't get everything in beta they can't predict what a high server load is going to do to aspects of the game there will allways be a variable in online gaming that they can't predict you might have a shit pc running wow on the lowist setting with 2fps for example in this case it could be somethign in your WTF or cache folders preventing you from gaining reputation because addons alter thigns like this and blizzz can't predect what every addon will do either...
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-12-08 at 07:36 AM.
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

I think it is/was related to the no experience thing that we experienced early in the clysm. Blizz will have to hotfix it most likely

It's a shame because I went through a god portion of vashj'ir

Quote Originally Posted by Ulaenyth View Post
    Beta was a small test phase they can't get everything in beta they can't predict what a high server load is going to do to aspects of the game there will allways be a variable in online gaming that they can't predict you might have a shit pc running wow on the lowist setting with 2fps for example in this case it could be somethign in your WTF or cache folders preventing you from gaining reputation because addons alter thigns like this and blizzz can't predect what every addon will do either...

Think befor saying dumbshit
    Don't call the guy a dumbshit when you can't spell and don't know how to use periods.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Don't call the guy a dumbshit when you can't spell and don't know how to use periods.
    Eh i fail at grammer and spelling.. no biggy to me.

It does however anoy the hell out of me when people think that jsut because they pay15 bucks a month + expac costs that they thin that the whole game should be bloody perfect no game released is perfect there are so many games with bugs atleast blizzard fixs them
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulaenyth View Post
    Eh i fail at grammer and spelling.. no biggy to me.

It does however anoy the hell out of me when people think that jsut because they pay15 bucks a month + expac costs that they thin that the whole game should be bloody perfect no game released is perfect there are so many games with bugs atleast blizzard fixs them
    Actually poor grammar is one of the easiest ways to find an dumb person. Dumb people are poorly educated and usually have bad grammar. Spelling not so much, but it's still very important. However, I do agree with you. The beta cannot possibly test every little bug that will occur when things go live.

1. Live servers are grossly overpopulated by players so you'll get more people who have a different problem
    2. People in beta tend to use premades so the sub 85 stuff was tested less and less as the beta got further in. Late beta hyjal/vashj'ir was tested less than early beta hyjal or vashj'ir

A major faction of a new expansion is not a silly bug, it's kind of a big deal to have broken on release, after months of testing on Alpha/Beta where ironically it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    A major faction of a new expansion is not a silly bug, it's kind of a big deal to have broken on release, after months of testing on Alpha/Beta where ironically it worked.
    Yea but the thing is it was onyl a select group in beta with select mods etc so the variables are still huge

Deleted
    The first Quests are like an introduction to the zone, you don't get rep for anything other than the Seahorse quest.

You start to get rep with the earthen ring, when you find their main area (where the quartermaster is) and you start the quest chain that takes you into the giant shellfish.

I just finished the zone (though i'm still a few quests shrot of getting the questing achivo) and i finished past Friendly.

Which is enough rep to buy the tabard to use in dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    Actually poor grammar is one of the easiest ways to find an dumb person.
    Might want to fix your sentence then ><

LOL He does have you there, Wildstaff. It is a big bug to make it all the way to release, but I wouldn't call Blizzard dumb or lazy on account of it. Occassion might have called their attention else where, we also don't know how many people reported it during beta compared to other glitches. It'll get fixed though.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    Actually poor grammar is one of the easiest ways to find an dumb person. Dumb people are poorly educated and usually have bad grammar. Spelling not so much, but it's still very important. However, I do agree with you. The beta cannot possibly test every little bug that will occur when things go live.

1. Live servers are grossly overpopulated by players so you'll get more people who have a different problem
    2. People in beta tend to use premades so the sub 85 stuff was tested less and less as the beta got further in. Late beta hyjal/vashj'ir was tested less than early beta hyjal or vashj'ir
    You mean "a dumb person". Don't be such an ignorant fool sir.

As for OP: They'll fix it eventually. Good thing I'm joining the game in February.

Often the bugs are found by reports made. Far from everyone in the beta is there to report anything at all. They just want to see the changes and new talents, some of them. Then they get over the initial rush and don't use their beta key that much. Either that or they just rush through the content not noticing the bugs, and if they are minor they are often ignored (quest bugs).

This is a bit more substantial, possibly.

As for premades: Not entirely true. There were new races as well, hence lower piece content was tested. And I don't think the early beta testers even had the ability to access premades with full gear. They had to copy their own characters. At least that is how I believe the beta to have worked, granted I was not in it.

I'm one hundred percent certain that someone did the 80-85 (at least in early beta) zones because I have seen videos of people doing it. And those people making the videos (TB, JC, Yogscast) are ten times better than the average tester because they actually provide a lot of feedback on the flow of a zone. Idiots taking beta space just to test their talents out a bit early are about as useful as PuG'ers in a BG. But they do excists, yes. Both sides do.

Most likely this glitch may not even have been in the beta. It could have occured on launch, I don't know. Many possibilities.

Also: bad grammar has nothing to do with intelligence in itself. It does however have something to do with intelligence if someone wants to make themselves heard, but do not try to the best of their ability to make their point come across (yes, I'm pointing a finger at all the lazy buggers that slaughter the English language with numbers in words and abbrivations that are not actually abbriviations). While English is a world language, many who speak it do not have it as a motherlanguage, me included. Bad grammar can be a sign of stupidity (when he's spouting this: I daus nawt undastands wais thes daus nt work, m8 - and then proceeds to complain about not getting any help). To judge someone based on their grammar can be as dumb as making a spelling error. Just saying.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2010-12-08 at 05:40 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you not getting Earthen Ring rep from any quest, or just certain quests?

I ask because a lot of quests in Vashj'ir simply don't give any rep, regardless of the questgiver's faction. Most of the Earthen Ring rep comes from Deepholm instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Are you not getting Earthen Ring rep from any quest, or just certain quests?

I ask because a lot of quests in Vashj'ir simply don't give any rep, regardless of the questgiver's faction. Most of the Earthen Ring rep comes from Deepholm instead.
    What I'm seeing, and I know some other people on my realm were saying, is that we're stuck at around 2700/3000 neutral, and not getting anything from the Vash'jir quests. I haven't done Deepholme yet, so that may be what's happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    What I'm seeing, and I know some other people on my realm were saying, is that we're stuck at around 2700/3000 neutral, and not getting anything from the Vash'jir quests. I haven't done Deepholme yet, so that may be what's happening.
    That was my experience in the beta as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    Deppholm quests did give me rep, I didn't finish the whole zone and I ended up somewhere on Honored. I went to Vashj'ir but skipped the whole 3rd part.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...