Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Engineering useless in cata?

Well so far the rocket boost seems to have a fail rate of 50% and had the stats removed from it, there seems to be no need to use it as it could kill you in raiding, and in pvp they are disabled so whats the point of that enchant?

The grenade hits for minimal damage on a 6 minute cooldown and can ruin rotations if you have to click it and move the aiming reticle around.

Head enchant = also useless in every situation, cant mind control anything in pvp and in pve just useless trash and its disabled in pvp as well in cataclysm.

Every other profession has benefits engineering was the fun profession now its more of a gimp profession,chance to fail/kill you and you put loads of money into it and get no rewards where as other proffesions make over 10k gold just from one item...

Seen the new cata stuff and they are equally worthless.
    /rant off
    Last edited by Wælcyrie; 2010-12-05 at 01:41 AM.

calm yourself..

Blizzard would never let a profession be useless.. it may not be the best.. but its not useless.

Deleted
    This is like when they ruined enchanters moneymaking by letting everyone use an enchanters ability to disenchant just by being in the same group.
    Making the game more attractive to casual (noobs) players makes it less attractive to the real loyal players.

Quote Originally Posted by Miphe View Post
    This is like when they ruined enchanters moneymaking by letting everyone use an enchanters ability to disenchant just by being in the same group.
    Making the game more attractive to casual (noobs) players makes it less attractive to the real loyal players.
    This is nothing like that, and what does casuals have to do with engineering? the engineering nerfs is like if they basicly removed the ring enchants, you cant use rocketboots almost ever (it fails like mad) head thingy is useless, grenade is slightly useful in bg(but ofcourse too overpowered for rated, god). Oh and we get a nice gem that only fits in the engineering helm! great news everybody you cant wear tier or pvp gear!

http://www.wowhead.com/item=59364

As a hunter I would pay 10k gold for that if not more.

Not engineer on main, but have it on alts as its fun. Sad to see changes. If it were that op then wouldn't eveyone drop the op bs/jc to pick up engineering? see no reason for the nerf. If it was op everyone would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deomodin View Post

I don't know about that. It has the same overall stat points as a level 85 blue of the same item level.
    ie: http://www.wowhead.com/item=59367

Quote Originally Posted by Deomodin View Post

That item will be useless like the guns now that engineering has, other class got new recipes from raids and we got nothing..

my main is an engineer and even with all the "nerfs" i am sticking with it. the helm is nice because i dont have to wait for one to drop and the gem slots are great too.
    ggg

Deleted
    Have you seen the Helms and cogwheel "gems" I urge you to check them out before bashing engineering
    Last edited by mmoc5c5a6dae9b; 2010-12-05 at 01:55 AM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    sigh this makes me sad almost all of my chars have engineering

i mean its not so bad but at the same time what good is engineering without our bombs and stuff i mean that is kinda the point to it
    and yea the cogwheels im confused on that 1 all i c atm is the helm it has 2 sockets so u get 2 cogwheels

but what about my t11 helm and so on.... so u get 2 take away all my fun stuff for a gem i get 2 use for 4 lvls then it becomes useless as well

is there going 2 be a engineering tinker to add a cogwheel to t11 helms or what i hope blizzard really thought this threw

you get the engineering gems that are balanced with rest of the stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    My dwarf sham is engineering just because I find it the "fun" prof. Thank god I think min/maxing is stupid.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Not everything a profession makes needs to be completely useful and perfect. Engineering still gets many things that other professions don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    Every other profession has benefits engineering was the fun profession now its more of a gimp profession,chance to fail/kill you and you put loads of money into it and get no rewards where as other proffesions make over 10k gold just from one item...

Seen the new cata stuff and they are equally worthless.
    /rant off
    Another QQ. What profession sells items for 10k? ICC crafted items only went for 6k on my server. But regardless, Engineering is a "Fun" profession and at ICC launch I made 10's of thousands of gold off Arrows so im not complaining. As far as the rocket boosts go, I have read the rants about it but have yet to have mine misfire since 4.0. I will attribute all the QQ to a few bad rng mishaps and an over exxageration from the masses.

As far as in Cata goes, the glove enchant for casters is still great, and with the removal of passive stats from the tinkers you get your regular enchant as well. Cog-wheels in the engineering helm are great upgrades and Blizz had talks of letting the helm scale with tiers so if thats the case then its even better.

Bottom line is, drop Engineering if you dont like it, most people dont care to hear the whining from the peanut galley though... Me, I will keep my JC/Eng as i think the bonus' are worth it and have yet to see a valid reason why its not still a great profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    Not everything a profession makes needs to be completely useful and perfect. Engineering still gets many things that other professions don't.
    What like a lightscope that puts a light on the location for 5 minutes with like a 1 day cooldown? /sarcastic

What about Hand Mounted Pyro Rocket and Damage absorption on belt?

Are there such things in cata engi?
    Bigger than Life.

Protip: Nitro Boosts can't fail in raid combat.

are you really complaining about how engi will suck on cata talking about wotlk enchants? how about talking about what cataclysm brings to us, engineers, like the plasma shield generator, invisibility field, cardboard assassin, tasik shocker, bolt gun, etc etc etc

the wotlk are MEANT to be somewhat deprecated, they want us to evolve and use new stuff, not get sticked to old things
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Deleted
    Engineering is looking terrible for (particularly for melee classes).

In terms of engie's already poor moneymaking we get:
    1. a poor man's version of the mote collector which only collects "air" volatiles, and only if you have a gathering profession.
    2.Removal of hunter bullets and warrior gun etc...

In terms of tinkers:
    1. now useless in PVP
    2. a reduced number can be used
    3. The rocket boots have a practically 50% chance of killing you on use
    4. The only tinker which is comparable to other classes benefits (approx 80 of a primary stat) is the intellect one... there is nothing for melee dps. NO upgraded haste tinker and an awful version of the rocket gloves that translates to roughly 40dps (Tazik shocker).

NO new mounts. NO new wormhole generator. SAME meh goggles that can be made at 81 but req level 85 drops of a chaos orb. They are also barely better than some of the hc helms and will be replaced instantly by first raid tier (yes even including the "amazing" engineer gems...).

This will all be justified under the blanket term of "fun" and "fun" cant be quantified, so engineering can be as crap as blizz likes and there is nothing that can be done (but use a few admittedly cool gimmicks on massive cooldowns).

On the plus side it will still be competitive for casters. It however has no benefits in pvp anymore (which is probably how it should be as it shouldn't be required proff) and is only competitive in pve for classes using intellect.
    Last edited by mmoc1c980bb60a; 2010-12-05 at 02:10 AM. Reason: add more