Thread: Favre

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Favre

Is he done?
    What do you guys think of his whole situation?

I'm from MN and sure hope he's done.
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

The guy's running on borrowed time. His race to 300 is pretty pathetic at this point. Personally, I hope it ends this weekend. Then again I am from New England, and still a little bitter about 1994 Pats v. GB superbowl...
    Nothing to see here! Move along! Nothing to see here!

Quote Originally Posted by Koobs View Post
    And DPS means Don't Pull Shit!

I hear he spends spring training at a retirement home.

Last I knew it was still on the fence, but I also haven't watched TV since the Cata release. He's supposed to be playing against my team on Sunday, so I won't be too heart broken if he's out. And let's face it, the Giants have injured 6 QB's this season already. It's probably better that someone who is slightly injured avoid playing against them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favre is a delusional egomaniac, don't be surprised if he gives a teary eyed press conference announcing how he is so beat up he can no longer play after his 300th start in a row. He only cares about his image, which at this point has been completely ruined due to his "sexting" scandal and denial of his age/condition. Its an absolute travesty that Tavaris Jackson isn't the starter.
    Last edited by ketzil; 2010-12-08 at 09:22 PM.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    Its an absolute travesty that Tavaris Jackson isn't the starter.
    Favre is really one of the best ever, but seriously, it's time to let it go and let someone else get some work.

I couldn't agree more Ketzil. He is really hurting the Vikings right now. They should be getting used to playing with Jackson but they keep limping along with Farve. Nobody is impressed with him crawling to 300 games. It's really pretty sad.
    Deathdealers of Dark Iron
    Banemorth - 80 Warlock Kerovinn - 80 Paladin Capemay - 64 Hunter
    Cogline - 80 Druid Ergos - 80 Rogue Grimsbane - 72 Death Knight

These posts wouldn't even be going on if he was having the same season he had last year. I know it's easy to say that, and I'm just as tired of the whole "I'm gonna retire, no I'm not, yes I am, no I wanna come back" thing as anyone else, but try not to turn on someone THAT fast.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsinPagan View Post
    Last I knew it was still on the fence, but I also haven't watched TV since the Cata release. He's supposed to be playing against my team on Sunday, so I won't be too heart broken if he's out. And let's face it, the Giants have injured 6 QB's this season already. It's probably better that someone who is slightly injured avoid playing against them.
    i hate your team!
    R.I.P. Tony Romo

Quote Originally Posted by mavrick View Post
    i hate your team!
    R.I.P. Tony Romo
    Jeeze it looks to me like taking out Romo is the best thing we could have done for you =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banemorth View Post
    I couldn't agree more Ketzil. He is really hurting the Vikings right now. They should be getting used to playing with Jackson but they keep limping along with Farve. Nobody is impressed with him crawling to 300 games. It's really pretty sad.
    I mean the guys been knocked out of games at least three times this season. Every post game conference he has he just makes excuses about how he couldn't play well due to a shoulder problem or a yeast infection. If he quit after that year with the Jets he would have had soooo much more respect from fans, including me.

Also he should be ashamed for what happened with Chilly.
    Last edited by ketzil; 2010-12-08 at 10:38 PM.

Jeeze it looks to me like taking out Romo is the best thing we could have done for you =P
    that hurts </3
    Last edited by mavrick; 2010-12-08 at 10:47 PM.

I mean the guys been knocked out of games at least three times this season. Every post game conference he has he just makes excuses about how he couldn't play well due to a shoulder problem or a yeast infection. If he quit after that year with the Jets he would have had soooo much more respect from fans, including me.

Also he should be ashamed for what happened with Chilly.
    Amen. I don't know whether he is an attention whore or just can't let go but either way when he starts bringing down people around him just so he can reach his "goal" that's when you really just start to shake your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amen. I don't know whether he is an attention whore or just can't let go but either way when he starts bringing down people around him just so he can reach his "goal" that's when you really just start to shake your head.
    It just goes to show you the vikings are the worst run team in the NFL.

Wow wait after the Broncos that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just goes to show you the vikings are the worst run team in the NFL.

Wow wait after the Broncos that is.
    So the Panthers and Bills are more competently run than the Broncos? But yeah the coach firing at Denver was a big sign of their incompetence too.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    So the Panthers and Bills are more competently run than the Broncos? But yeah the coach firing at Denver was a big sign of their incompetence too.
    Well, I'm thinking of it like this. The Broncos will have to pay both McDaniels AND Shanahan, along with whoever coaches next year. McDaniels effectively disassembled the broncos. And the Vikings brass basically got behind and sided with Favre over their coach.

As for the bills and panthers, I really don't know too much about how well they are run. I know the Bills have a serviceable QB in Fitzpatrick, but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by stuperdude View Post
    The guy's running on borrowed time. His race to 300 is pretty pathetic at this point. Personally, I hope it ends this weekend. Then again I am from New England, and still a little bitter about 1994 Pats v. GB superbowl...
    That was 1996 from the 95 season.

Anyway I think he should have retired however many years ago. He is just an attention whore at this point to be honest. That or he REALLY hates his family. Which maybe he does considering the sexting incident.

Last year was his last straw. Vikings have a much better shot with Jackson in there (at least before Peterson got injured).

It really upsets me how much crap people can talk about one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. The guy has heart, he doesn't play for his image he plays for the love of the sport, and another Super Bowl (which is obviously out of the question now). You think a guy that takes full speed textbook tackles every fucking week of the season is just doing it for his image is just nuts. The man is a legend, and if he performed as well as he did last year no one would be talking down about him. Sure he had a terrible season this year, and yes I completely agree with the fact that they need to play Jackson. This season I blame on Childress not Favre, I'm glad they got rid of that old prick. They need to start Jackson and get him ready for next season. Favre is done I hate to say it to. Not a lot of people can say they literally grew up watching their favorite quarterback playing I'm glad that I'm one of those people that can.