Deleted

Prot Mana Problems?

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone else has mana problems in tanking heroics?
    I use judgement almost everytime its up and still go oom sometimes. Especially on the first boss in vortex pinnacle i have to use divine plea + mana pot and still go oom.
    I wonder if thats working as intended or if im doing something wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    do ur judgement hit? see if u have ur buff up
    Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!

I was noticing it as well, and not just in vortex pinnacle. It wasn't really a problem though as I never really ran completely oom, but just scaled down the rotation a bit, removing AS. On the trash it was never a problem. I'm guessing this might be because we're missing certain buffs we will be having in raids that we were balanced around, I know I didn't have replenishment.

Do you spam consecration? If so ofcause you go oom, otherwise you're doing something wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Flelitta View Post
    Do you spam consecration? If so ofcause you go oom, otherwise you're doing something wrong....
    Sounds like you haven't really been doing any dungeons at lvl 85. with the standard rotation, you will use more mana than you're getting mana, it's simple math. It's not a problem now because we're doing such a high amount of threat, but when DPS keeps up with the tank, it might be a problem having to cut certain things out of your rotation to conserve mana.

Deleted
    I only ever seem to go below 5k if i keep using Radiance lol :-/ Other than that i'm more than OK for mana

Edit: I'm specced for reduced mana cost on conc - Not sure how much this is helping cus I never tried without it, seemed like a no brainer to me
    Last edited by mmoc42000d8f60; 2010-12-09 at 11:32 AM.

Deleted
    I noticed spell mana costs increase at 83 as prot. Until then, mana was no issue at all, now I also find myself running oom frequently. It's not an issue of consecration if you have it talented, I believe it's just general increase of mana cost for all the classes. Hopefully we will have a fix for this, or just have to resort to using BOM instead of BoK in dungeons and hope for a druid )

I'm a tankadin myself, and I have to agree with "Dungfish"... I only ever get close to go OOM if I use Holy Radiance. - Don't forget to judge; likely you're casting many Avengers, Hammers and Holy Wraths, and an eventual Judgement here and there... THAT will get you oom.
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could also try seal-swapping to insight. Not only will you get mana back on auto-attacks, you'll get 15% of your base mana per judgment. That, combined with Judgments of the Wise should have you topped off in short order.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPWN View Post
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone else has mana problems in tanking heroics?
    I use judgement almost everytime its up and still go oom sometimes. Especially on the first boss in vortex pinnacle i have to use divine plea + mana pot and still go oom.
    I wonder if thats working as intended or if im doing something wrong?
    gotta judge to keep mana regen going.

also DO NOT cast Consecrate on cooldown... it's our biggest mana drain. in fact you should not even use consecrate unless there's alot of mobs to aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Flelitta View Post
    I know! Stop spamming consecration already u baddie!lol jk I think it's funny you know, when people automatically assume the OP doesn't know their class. I would assume he knows his class and has already done some troubleshooting. Then he, after it happened a few times, posted on MMO to see if anybody had any useful tips/methods he possibly overlooked.
    Last edited by kaskadereno; 2010-12-09 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    use divine plea?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsurugi View Post
    You could also try seal-swapping to insight. Not only will you get mana back on auto-attacks, you'll get 15% of your base mana per judgment. That, combined with Judgments of the Wise should have you topped off in short order.
    This. Makes perfect sense.....
    Open with Seal of Truth, if you start going oom switch to Seal of Insight. If you start losing threat or are back to full mana switch right back to Truth. Profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adops View Post
    use divine plea?
    Uh...he said in the OP that he used Divine Plea...

try to read?

Try to be nicer and contribute to the thread? - Hitsurugi
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2010-12-09 at 05:48 PM.
    But we fell in love, again.
    This time forever!
    True love prevails over all!
    ...She got hit by a truck.