Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I really don't mind the shadow orb mechanic. OK it gives us some RNG ramp-up but remember that this will be better when the gear improves. We're still in leveling/early dungeon gear (at least I am) And hey, we got a "veiled shadows" effect in the dark evangelism too, which disturbs me more than the orbs tbh.
    Last edited by mmoc56ad7363be; 2010-12-09 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Trying to stay more on topic

Is it really actually better to open with SW:P/MF and wait for ES before applying your first set of VT/DP?

That's some ~5 seconds of downtime from vt/dp just to wait for the ES buff. Will ES compensate for that downtime?

Alot of people are making this way more difficult than it is. All you have to do is Open with your 3 dots like always, MF and least twice to get your evangilism, continue to mf if neccisary to get an orb, then MB, re up dots and your on your way. I would advice clipping DP and VT once you have your buffs and they just ticked.

It really is that simple, I know someone is going to tell me that I am loosing 12dps by doing it this way and I should stand on my head while applying DP to get the most out if it but the game really isn't that serious.

Just get your dots up, get into your rotation, and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryinmilkme View Post
    Alot of people are making this way more difficult than it is. All you have to do is Open with your 3 dots like always, MF and least twice to get your evangilism, continue to mf if neccisary to get an orb, then MB, re up dots and your on your way. I would advice clipping DP and VT once you have your buffs and they just ticked.

It really is that simple, I know someone is going to tell me that I am loosing 12dps by doing it this way and I should stand on my head while applying DP to get the most out if it but the game really isn't that serious.

Just get your dots up, get into your rotation, and have fun.
    It's not a matter of being difficult. Yes it's simple. But it's still frustrating when your first dots are doing 10% less damage because you have to wait to get an orb. And that wait is SOOOO annoying. I've gotten 7 mind flays without an orb proc several times. And even 8 once. Maybe my luck is just terrible, but I hate this random factor.

What if you start with SW:P->MSx3->MB? That will guarantee a Shadow Orb by the end(if it takes that long), and should do decent damage

Quote Originally Posted by SiNz View Post
    Not liking this new Shadow Priest gameplay...too fricken clunky. And your FORCED to SW: D to get mana back, which turns out to be a dps loss. Then again a SP with no mana is a dps loss :P
    Life Tap says hello.

Imo, I think so far the whole thing is slightly overtuned. It's ridiculous having to pop dispersion/SF after every pull almost (Multiple mob groups like in Stonecore/VP).

--

We have so much stuff to look after it's not really enjoyable for me now. ES just adds to it, sure it comes off MB every CD...IF your MF has crit and activated an Orb...
    Keep in mind that you are in ungemmed, unenchanted levelling gear, of course it is not going to feel as smooth. You are not supposed to have infinite mana, and I think that the levelling experience is doing a good job of reminding everyone of that, because you damn well didn't have to think about it for the entire of the last expansion.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.