Thread: Lfg + dps

Lfg + dps

Seeing as it's a new expansion and not everyone is leveled yet I can and do accept the fact my dungeon queue as a dps is going to be longer than usual.

However, what's really pissing me off is the fact that as soon as I finally get a group someone leaves. No one stays [which would mean remaining in a group] to look for a replacement. So then I am left to another 50 minute dungeon queue having gained nothing.

Why can't the dungeon finder consider one last player in an original group, before the instance is officially cleared, a group so that I don't have the same 50 minute queue needlessly?
    What wet dreams are made of!

Make friends who are tanks and stop QQing.

User has been warned- Elementium.
    Last edited by Elementium; 2010-12-10 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nward84 View Post
    Make friends who are tanks and stop QQing.
    Your post is very helpful. Shows how mature you are.

@OP: I feel you, I got the same issue. I really don't get it. But the problem is in the majority of the players. I don't know how they think but it's definitely not logical. A lot of those people who leave will requeue. I also don't get it, once you clear the dungeon, no one wants to stay, but yet majority of them requeue's after that. Isn't it easier to stay in and wait less then leave and wait 50 mins?

Quote Originally Posted by H4wkeye View Post
    Your post is very helpful. Shows how mature you are.

@OP: I feel you, I got the same issue. I really don't get it. But the problem is in the majority of the players. I don't know how they think but it's definitely not logical. A lot of those people who leave will requeue. I also don't get it, once you clear the dungeon, no one wants to stay, but yet majority of them requeue's after that. Isn't it easier to stay in and wait less then leave and wait 50 mins?
    As a tank or healer, I never re-que with the same party that I was with prior unless I know them. Why should I give people multiple instant ques when I simply leave group and BAM! instant que. Like I said, stop QQing. I have 7 80s. (I know, its 85 now) but nonetheless, when 80 was cap, all my pure DPS was geared out because I was in a guild, I had friends, and they had tanks. So like I said, join a guild, make friends, and stop QQing, I don't know what Mr H-4-wkeye (leet speek is real mature), was talking about. My answer was 100% accurate.

As a tank or healer, I never re-que with the same party that I was with prior unless I know them. Why should I give people multiple instant ques when I simply leave group and BAM! instant que. Like I said, stop QQing. I have 7 80s. (I know, its 85 now) but nonetheless, when 80 was cap, all my pure DPS was geared out because I was in a guild, I had friends, and they had tanks. So like I said, join a guild, make friends, and stop QQing, I don't know what Mr H-4-wkeye (leet speek is real mature), was talking about. My answer was 100% accurate.
    again showing your maturity!

this thread is about a dps getting steam off his chest bout the ques and here you are talking bout how your tanks/healers have insta-ques. Quit being n annoying troll and let the adults discuss thread w/o your attitude

@OP i hear ya during lvling 70-80 i had constant dps ques where dps/tank/heals would drop for no reason at start of run. its PITA but just keep on truckin questing or like me workin the AH lol. GL on your future cata LFG runs hope the go well
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2010-12-10 at 04:05 AM.

I think my feelings towards the subject are perfectly acceptable. And I believe I said I was in a guild that didn't have people leveled. My friends are in that guild so those options are unavailable until a later date.

However, the main point I'm trying to get across is that if EVERYONE leaves I'm considered group-less and have to wait another hour for a queue when I could have one in 5 minutes if it kept my party tag going.
    What wet dreams are made of!

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    again showing your maturity!

this thread is about a dps getting steam off his chest bout the ques and here you are talking bout how your tanks/healers have insta-ques. Quit being n annoying troll and let the adults discuss thread w/o your attitude
    I'm not being a troll. Neither of you get my point. MAKE FRIENDS WITH TANKS! Blizzard isn't going to change the new system, most of us love it. Also, ok, if you don't like my "make friends" suggestion. Follow /trade chat. I can advertise /2 Selling Instant Ques, 25g per que. And I usually make good money. Plenty of tanks do that, also, if there isn't a tank selling the service..... /2 Buying instant Ques, (name your price) per que. If you desire instant ques enough, you will make it work. IMO, if you don't care enough about an issue to do something to fix it for yourself, then you have no business bitching about it. I.E. If you aren't willing to look for a job, you have no business bitching about being broke.

---------- Post added 2010-12-09 at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aruzar View Post
    I think my feelings towards the subject are perfectly acceptable. And I believe I said I was in a guild that didn't have people leveled. My friends are in that guild so those options are unavailable until a later date.

However, the main point I'm trying to get across is that if EVERYONE leaves I'm considered group-less and have to wait another hour for a queue when I could have one in 5 minutes if it kept my party tag going.
    Aruzar, I'm really not trying to be a dick. What server do you play on? I have 7 active tanks ATM. If you are a good DPS, and horde, of course, then maybe we could work something out. I'm on Cho'Gall. But I digress, I'm really not trying to be a dick. I used to play WoW with R/L friends. I stopped about 2 years in, I realized that I was a better gamer than R/L friends, and didn't feel like being held back. These days I am really fickle about who I associate with in the game, because I try to be friendly in the game, but also, I don't want to be stuck with people that I don't need. If you are in a guild that cannot provide you a good Random/RHeroic/10-Man group, and that is what you desire, maybe that guild isnt for you. Also, about your "point:. If everyone leaves the group, you are group-less, that is why you are considered as such. .

No, youre answer was 100% disrespectful.

Well, first off If you're a dps that does not have a tanking tree, then yea, I know where youre coming from, and it does suck.

BUT for every tankable class that whines or looks for a tank to get them insta ques, you need to quit this game.

Seriously.

Cannot tell you how much it bugs me when I see a dk in trade thats lf a tank to get them insta ques -.-......

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Seriously.
    Cannot tell you how much it bugs me when I see a dk in trade thats lf a tank to get them insta ques -.-......
    Actually, depending on the situation I like it when that happens.
    Much better a DK/Pally/War/Druid that knows they cannot tank, but can DPS well, looking to find a tank than another scrub tank joining for instaqueues and having no idea what they're doing.

I'm not being a troll. Neither of you get my point. MAKE FRIENDS WITH TANKS! Blizzard isn't going to change the new system, most of us love it. Also, ok, if you don't like my "make friends" suggestion. Follow /trade chat. I can advertise /2 Selling Instant Ques, 25g per que. And I usually make good money. Plenty of tanks do that, also, if there isn't a tank selling the service..... /2 Buying instant Ques, (name your price) per que. If you desire instant ques enough, you will make it work. IMO, if you don't care enough about an issue to do something to fix it for yourself, then you have no business bitching about it. I.E. If you aren't willing to look for a job, you have no business bitching about being broke.

---------- Post added 2010-12-09 at 11:12 PM ----------

Aruzar, I'm really not trying to be a dick. What server do you play on? I have 7 active tanks ATM. If you are a good DPS, and horde, of course, then maybe we could work something out. I'm on Cho'Gall. But I digress, I'm really not trying to be a dick. I used to play WoW with R/L friends. I stopped about 2 years in, I realized that I was a better gamer than R/L friends, and didn't feel like being held back. These days I am really fickle about who I associate with in the game, because I try to be friendly in the game, but also, I don't want to be stuck with people that I don't need. If you are in a guild that cannot provide you a good Random/RHeroic/10-Man group, and that is what you desire, maybe that guild isnt for you. Also, about your "point:. If everyone leaves the group, you are group-less, that is why you are considered as such. .
    First off.. I think you are missing the point. The point was not that he was/was not with a group it was the he had to spend the time waiting for a que only to have it destroyed by immature idiots.
    Second... Honestly man it is like 3 days after the Xpac hits... IF you leave a guild or stop associating with people due to them not being as UBER as you and lvling instead of working/going to school then IMO good riddance.
    Third.... With your elitist attitude and very obvious ego issues... Your IRL friends are better off not having you. Seriously man at some point you need to reread your post and see how arrogant they come off. If you act like that in game.. honestly I am willing to bet your "friends" arent to worried about losing you.

This was about an issue a DPS was having and not about your ELITE tanking skills.

@OP I think them allowing you to hold onto the "party" tag would not be that bad of an idea. Just so you could reform a little faster after sitting so long in a queue for nothing.

And now you've shown what kind of person you are as well. Enjoy your warning.