Smile How WoW affected my work...

This happened to me this week. I thought I'd share it with you.

I was in a long meeting this week. It started in the morning and continued after lunch. We kept looking at spreadsheets, powerpoints, and whatever documents that came up. Needless to say, everyone was pretty tire. During one of the discussion, "BRD" was brought up. It perked my attention. I came to find out that it stood for "Business Requirement Definition". I kept thinking of "Black Rock Depth". My mind started to wander of those days and ended with where to level that night. I guess the thought process made it looked like I was interested in the meeting for the duration. After the meeting, my boss came up to me and say that she was glad that I took such an interest in the meeting. "BRD" will definately be a big part of future meetings and future process. She will include me in all future meetings dealing with "BRD" from now on.

Yay, Black Rock Depth, here I come, lol.:

Edited - spelling error

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere outside McDonalds, free internet
    Haha awsome bro :P GL with ur work :P

And...did you even pay attention to the meeting? not so sure that it's a good thing.
    sorry for my pessimism

She best not be reading these forums.

That new instance... Black Rock Caverns (BRC) always looks strange to me. At our company, we have a Billing & Revenue Control team (BRC)

Quote Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
    HA! I have to admit I only play WoW for the homoerotic innuendoes

10+ Year Old Account
    That seems like a good thing. Usually when bosses notice interest and want to involve you more they don't do it lightly.
    I just hope you read on the business form of BRD before the next meeting

Have a fun read :

http://www.isixsigma.com/index.php?o...76:&Itemid=190
    Last edited by EventHorizon; 2010-12-10 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Addendum

I hope you paid attention if not , she will be in for a big surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    She best not be reading these forums.
    because then she will want you to play on her server
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    because then she will want you to play on her server
    she will? can I haz your boss please

I took notes whenever my mind wander back to the meeting.

After my discussion with her, I picked up a new gathering profession - meeting minutes and meeting notes. I've been farming other meeting attendants for the pass couple of days to compare notes, of course.

Deleted
    In my line of work I often have to use the 'secure sockets layer' protocols, or SSL, which is also the abbreviation of my server Scarshield Legion, it still makes me smile no matter how boring the meeting is or how many problems it causes.

10+ Year Old Account
    well pretty much that what happened to me all the time since Tuesday didn't move an inch from my PC browsing forums watching videos of cata where to level how to level professions and every1 stops by and tells me ur woking too much dude take a break lol if they only know what am i doing lol
    Retired

Lol nice one... once the leader of a project i was doingt found out, that i play WoW through some of my vocabulary i was using that time. Then I found out, that he was playing too, but wasn't that successful in arena. Got him to shouder rating and i never had such a good assessement again in my 4 years of apprenticeship xD