So many healing spells!!

Well being a H pally and have got a few more healing spells after the patch, I was wondering what your guys mostly used healing spell. I know that you use different ones for different amounts of damage taken but whats your guys priority, whats healing spell do you use the most??

I use alot of Holy Light and Holy Shock in heroics, use the odd flash of light and Divine Light but not too much cus of mana cost. Holy Radiance of occasions where it is cheaper to heal a group than holy light

Deleted
    ye atm we almost have to use all our spells on every fight, but i guess the most used heals would be holy shock, holy light and WoG/LoD and for high aoe moments holy radiance

Beacon tank, HL HS spam on him. Why? Beacon works on the same target now, healing him for 150% of the intended heal. Also, healing the Beacon-ed person with DL HL FoL gives 1 charge of Holy Power which you need very often.

You should be spending your 3 Holy Power charges very often. It helps save mana before you go OOM. These days you cast a fixed amount of heals regardless of mana pool size. Ie, you oom in 10 casts despite being 10k mana or 20k mana TOTAL.

If DPS needs heal, Holy Shock then Holy Light them. Big heals always uses Divine Light. Most of the time you do not need to heal yourself if you have the self-heal talent, unless your hp is low. (Forgot what's the name)

Flash heal isn't always used, unless he's immediately going to die.

And yes, Holy Radiance is your oh crap button or for aoe skills of some bosses.

Mana issues? Use your CDs!!! Divine Favor at start to reduce mana costs, Glyphed Divine Plea and Glyphed LoH gives mana.
    Last edited by Jin84; 2010-12-10 at 04:59 AM.

I use all of the spells available. There is no better time than now to learn the new spells and prepare for the raids come lvl 85.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    Beacon works on the same target now, healing him for 150% of the intended heal. Also, healing the Beacon-ed person with DL HL FoL gives 1 charge of Holy Power which you need very often.

These days you cast a fixed amount of heals regardless of mana pool size. Ie, you oom in 10 casts despite being 10k mana or 20k mana TOTAL.

If DPS needs heal, Holy Shock then Holy Light them.
    The first two things are simply wrong, no ifs and buts and "I heard" and "I thought".

The third is merely debatably wrong. When single-healing DPS only use Holy Shock and WoG. Any HL you cast should be on the beacon target (tank) only, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    These days you cast a fixed amount of heals regardless of mana pool size. Ie, you oom in 10 casts despite being 10k mana or 20k mana TOTAL.
    Sorry but this is bugging me. But casting has always used the base mana pool mechanic. The mana cost is not affected by increasing your mana pool by intellect. And now in cataclysm, your base mana is much higher relative to your mana from intellect than in wrath, resulting in increased costs relative to your mana pool.

And this is sorta offtopic and a /thread, but I am using all of my heals as a resto druid finally... About time they made them all useful.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2010-12-10 at 01:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Mana issues? Use your CDs!!! Divine Favor at start to reduce mana costs, Glyphed Divine Plea and Glyphed LoH gives mana.
    Using judgement with SoI also restores 15% base mana... with the cost of judgement itself you effectively gain 10% base mana per cast.

Obviously, the most used spell is holy light. There is no proper rotation for healing, nor will there ever be. Healing at 85 is much different than it was at 80, and the biggest thing you need to get out of the habit of at 85 is making sure everyone is topped off. Cloth casters can more than a hit from a mob, you don't have to worry about near 1 shot abilities. There are plenty of them that 1 shot, and they would do it if the person it at 30% or is at 100%. Slowly work on getting dps topped off.

It basically comes down to situations for the best heal for the job, light of dawn may be better to heal the tank because how it works with Beacon than word of glory on the tank; it is all about how people are positioned and the exact scenario.

I was dpsing a random heroic with a retired member healing to watch what he did (he wanted help) and I noticed he would pause for a second or two when Daybreak proc'd, presumably spamming. Make sure you aren't doing this.

Also, it is never worth healing yourself with holy shock or holy light because you are supposed to be specced protector of the innocent. If you need to heal yourself and people are relatively topped, judging is great if you have enlightened judgements because it generates mana.

Kind of offtopic but who else thinks that GoAK is amazing for offsetting DP?
    Last edited by Obsession; 2010-12-10 at 05:17 PM.

Deleted
    Disclaimer: I'm not 85 yet, so don't chew my ear off for things changing at 85!

Generally I use Shock on cooldown and Holy light in between, due to the amazing synergy shock and light have with daybreak and Infusion of light (An extra shock and a super fast holy light, respectively)

I avoid FoL unless a mob/boss has just had the tank's pants down and the next few hits will kill him.
    I reserve Divine light for when the tank is stuck at low health and my holy lights are being negated by damage.

Lay on hands for when I need mana badly, or if the tank decided to pull while I'm 100+ yards away and I need to keep him alive while getting into position

WoG and LoD (30 yards <3) are amazing, especially with eternal glory from prot. LoD and holy radiance can really do wonders in an AoE heavy encounter, and with the speed boost from Speed of light, you can position yourself well, to deliver the healing (and the right angle for the LoD cone)

You want to use your holy power as soon as you get three, casting shock with 3 holy points, or a holy light on your beacon, is a waste.

And don't be afraid to pop cooldowns on trash! There is some really nasty stuff out there! 2 minutes is not a long time to wait

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    Using judgement with SoI also restores 15% base mana... with the cost of judgement itself you effectively gain 10% base mana per cast.
    This. Also don't forget that melee swings restore (While not that much) mana, just make sure that being in melee range isn't going to put you in danger of being hit by breaths/cleaves/claps/fears

Instants like Shock, WoG, LoH and LoD don't reset the swing timer, so you can clobber away while still dishing out heals!

Every little helps!
    Last edited by mmoc2f634ca860; 2010-12-10 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammar - oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    The first two things are simply wrong, no ifs and buts and "I heard" and "I thought".

The third is merely debatably wrong. When single-healing DPS only use Holy Shock and WoG. Any HL you cast should be on the beacon target (tank) only, ever.
    I think I see what happened. He most likely has taken Protector of the Innocent, so every time he heals the tank, it procs a heal on himself, and THAT is healing the tank because of Beacon of Light.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I tend to use divine light above holy light at the moment, it costs a fair chunk of mana but you don't have to cast often if your main focus is around generating holy power with shock and using your heals decisively. Most of my gear is 346 now though so I might just have the spirit/mana to handle it, admittedly when I first started heroics I was much more cautious with using divine light. You must also consider that the heavier absorb divine light will put on your tank gives you a little breathing space. But as I said in my vid (youtube.com/watch?v=Gl03Ypbbc7c) you really just need to assess the wide utility you now have and use it to your advantage.