Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How will you build you raiding fire spec?

I know there there might not be such a thing as a cookie cutter spec anymore, but I doubt the average raiding spec will differ very much.

My questions is how you plan to set up your spec and what glyphs you plan to use as fire. So far I've only been running instances as fire, but I'm having severe mana problems, and at least for an entire boss fight, molten armor doesn't seem to be an option, as you will simply run out of mana. Then again fire with mage armor feels a little wrong. But what are you plans? Lets see it.

Want to start off by saying that if you don't have any mana, you cant dps.
    Therefor, the use of mage armor would beat the molten armor on boss fights (amirite?).

Secondly, I personally think that frost gives a higher dps output than Fire does, at the moment, running with average item lvl 340.
    [URL="http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Swaap/advanced[/URL]

Deleted
    6/32/3 but fire has a mana problems been in to raids. and i have to swap armors all the time to keep my mana up. and then im loosing dps

3-35-3

Improved scorch pretty much negates all mana issue fire has. And no mage armour is never an option for fire, you lose mobility and 5% crit.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaap View Post
    Want to start off by saying that if you don't have any mana, you cant dps.
    Therefor, the use of mage armor would beat the molten armor on boss fights (amirite?).

Secondly, I personally think that frost gives a higher dps output than Fire does, at the moment, running with average item lvl 340.
    You need to watch your mana. Molten armor gives you a +5% increased crit for spells, with the glyph, its 7% + 5% from the Scorch/Pyroblast debuff on the enemy. As a fire mage, crit is kind of important since it activates Ignite and also, gives you a better chance of scoring two crits in a row to get that insta-cast Pyroblast. At least..that's how i see it.

6-32-3

---------- Post added 2010-12-10 at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yoog View Post
    6/32/3 but fire has a mana problems been in to raids. and i have to swap armors all the time to keep my mana up. and then im loosing dps
    Evocation, mana gems, maybe a mana potion or two on the side.
    There are plenty of ways to keep yourself from going OOM during a boss fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    You need to watch your mana. Molten armor gives you a +5% increased crit for spells, with the glyph, its 7% + 5% from the Scorch/Pyroblast debuff on the enemy. As a fire mage, crit is kind of important since it activates Ignite and also, gives you a better chance of scoring two crits in a row to get that insta-cast Pyroblast. At least..that's how i see it.

6-32-3

---------- Post added 2010-12-10 at 08:49 AM ----------

Evocation, mana gems, maybe a mana potion or two on the side.
    There are plenty of ways to keep yourself from going OOM during a boss fight.
    its only 5% with the glyph, its 3% without.

Deleted
    thanks Takolin maybe that will help me more. i specced in haste instead. will try, but still we fire mages get forced to scorch ? wont that decrese our dps by alot ?

edit. Evocation, mana gems, are on constant cooldown in raids.
    Last edited by mmocaefec169f9; 2010-12-10 at 08:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks Takolin maybe that will help me more. i specced in haste instead. will try, but still we fire mages get forced to scorch ? wont that decrese our dps by alot ?
    I don't see why. You only have to apply it once plus its mana-free..and you can run around while casting it if you have molten armor on.
    And every time you cast a pyro (insta), it refreshes the +5% crit debuff.

6/32/3 - Minimum AoE, but enough to ge th hastebuff.
    Cataclysm = CTC | Icecrown Citadel = IC | | CLASSIC, not vanilla |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AvalonTLW View Post
    wouldent this specc be better than haveing the aoe, that one is mainly good for heroics but now it might even break cc's if it dots on other targets or ?

I'll go for 3/35/3, I think it's a lot more versatile.
    It seems that Scorch spamming for mana management isn't a huge dps loss, and a bit of active mana management gives you something to mind, more than just mindless spamming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerciolas View Post
    I'll go for 3/35/3, I think it's a lot more versatile.
    It seems that Scorch spamming for mana management isn't a huge dps loss, and a bit of active mana management gives you something to mind, more than just mindless spamming.
    might be better since pyromaniac can procc on it. but still is it better for single target ? to have impact or would 2% haste do more ?

Only my friend plays a fire mage, but wouldn't it be smart to stack crit for mana reg through master of the elements? Or maybe haste for clearcasting.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Only my friend plays a fire mage, but wouldn't it be smart to stack crit for mana reg through master of the elements? Or maybe haste for clearcasting.
    as mage now u need to stack.
    1 Intellect The strongest stat by far.
    2 Hit You need 17% hit (1742 rating) for Tier 11 boss mobs. Aim to your cap hit as soon as possible. This is more difficult to do in early Cataclysm content compared to what you may remember from WOTLK. You may need to consider: Hit enchants, Gems with hit, Reforging items for more hit.
    3 Crit Crit is strong because the Fire spec is built around it. Hot Streak relies on crits. Flashburn is more effective when spells crit (They leave an Ignite, which Flashburn can amplify). Crit rates boost the amount of mana restored by Master of Elements, which in turn allows for more Fireballs to be cast. Combustion is a more powerful (and more easily used) cooldown when spells crit often. Crit is the heart of the Fire spec, so it should be no surprise it's such a strong combat rating.
    4 Mastery Mastery and Haste are both considerably weaker than Crit. Mastery is slightly better than haste.
    5 Haste Mastery and Haste are both considerably weaker than Crit.

as mage now u need to stack.
    1 Intellect The strongest stat by far.
    2 Hit You need 17% hit (1742 rating) for Tier 11 boss mobs. Aim to your cap hit as soon as possible. This is more difficult to do in early Cataclysm content compared to what you may remember from WOTLK. You may need to consider: Hit enchants, Gems with hit, Reforging items for more hit.
    3 Crit Crit is strong because the Fire spec is built around it. Hot Streak relies on crits. Flashburn is more effective when spells crit (They leave an Ignite, which Flashburn can amplify). Crit rates boost the amount of mana restored by Master of Elements, which in turn allows for more Fireballs to be cast. Combustion is a more powerful (and more easily used) cooldown when spells crit often. Crit is the heart of the Fire spec, so it should be no surprise it's such a strong combat rating.
    4 Mastery Mastery and Haste are both considerably weaker than Crit. Mastery is slightly better than haste.
    5 Haste Mastery and Haste are both considerably weaker than Crit.
    Haste is more valuable then crit until you reach the 12.75% benchmark, and as you (awhiles down the road) break into the 30's, will be more valuable then crit for the 37.5% benchmark.

Fire can have mana issues, but having pulled 13,237.8 effective DPS in Baradin 10N tonight, not being hit capped and still in 6 items of Heroic ICC loot, it's obviously not THAT bad.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/hzrm34p2irs0dcky/

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonTLW View Post
    You didn't pick up Impact, which is a superb way to AoE as well, which can also free up the points you put into Imp FS. I suppose you can drop one point into Imp FB, but I don't really think it's necessary. I'm going to be going with something like this in the beginning:

6/32/3

wouldent this specc be better than haveing the aoe, that one is mainly good for heroics but now it might even break cc's if it dots on other targets or ?
    How will the DoT's spread?
    only AoE i have is isntant Flamestrike so i get the hastebuff, along with Living Bomb for bosses. (And we don't use Flamestrike on CC'd mobs.
    Cataclysm = CTC | Icecrown Citadel = IC | | CLASSIC, not vanilla |

might be better since pyromaniac can procc on it. but still is it better for single target ? to have impact or would 2% haste do more ?
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#o0hZfchrkbRRsfoc

This would most likely be my spec at 85. It's true that there are several aoe only talents that would benefit close to 0 in single target, but I don't see far better options in Arcane or Frost. The only other possibility is Clearcasting, with the intention to reduce the scorch spamming time, but I believe that this will be marginal and highly dependent on the type of fight and the mage skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    3/35/3
    Been using mage armor, I never find myself using scorch so I dropped improve scorch and respect'd the 2 points into firestarter for adds, I would love to use molten armor but it's a huge drain on mana, I get that you can switch armors but that seems really inefficient.
    Edit: Someone needs to go number crunch with scorch vs mage armor and see what DPS they get.

15+ Year Old Account
    The third point in Arcane Concentration isn't worth the point lost else where. If you want to spec it, 2 points is all you need as fire.
    BfA Beta Time