Is Archaelogy working as intended?

Quoting blue post here: " You won't find a second copy of a common object until you have found all the artifacts of that race. If you get stuck at a certain skill level of archaeology or character level, you may find an artifact more than once until you reach the next tier."
    "Some artifacts are rare. These always make a blue or purple item." "You will never get a rare artifact more than once."
    Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ogy-Blue-Posts

It cleary says you wont find a second copy of a common artifact unti you find all artifacts for that race. Notice it says all artifacts, not all common artifacts. I am at 525 and i have got like 4 repeated Night elf grays and only two of the NE rares. Is the blue post wrong? Or is archaeology bugged? or is there some mechanic we are not aware of? for example i have digged very few dwarf items so i got no dwarf rares.

obviously working as intended, otherwise rares would be incredibly easy to get.

Deleted
    Let's hope it's working as intended
    Else farming Canopic jars will be painful... Unless they make the vial of the sands a 100% drop

10+ Year Old Account
    perhaps they changed things since that blue post?
    sometimes they change things

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutist View Post
    obviously working as intended, otherwise rares would be incredibly easy to get.
    Incredibly easy? you havent leveled to 525 have you? It takes many many hours, and even more to get to the epic tol´vir items, and that is if they arent repeating. If they repeat... the amount of time is awful, to the point of nosense. And i am used to farming stupid things in wow, but if archaeology "recipes" can repeat before you get all of them it is the craziest farm in wow to get some of its items.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    better than fishing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by exdeath202 View Post
    Incredibly easy? you havent leveled to 525 have you? It takes many many hours, and even more to get to the epic tol´vir items, and that is if they arent repeating. If they repeat... the amount of time is awful, to the point of nosense. And i am used to farming stupid things in wow, but if archaeology "recipes" can repeat before you get all of them it is the craziest farm in wow to get some of its items.
    actually, i have. armory me. absolutist on Hellscream - US. 11 rares and counting, including a BoE ring from Tol'Vir (Ring of the Boy Emperor)
    Last edited by Absolutist; 2010-12-12 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutist View Post
    actually, i have. armory me. absolutist on Hellscream - US. 11 rares and counting.
    Thanks to people that think that 50+ gameplay hours of farming something is "too easy to get" we end up getting to a point were every cosmetic item takes too many hours of farming, thanks.

Deleted
    I'm sure they meant until you have all the common artefacts. I have made duplicates and not found all the rares yet. I really do dislike how you just get given a random artefact to try and solve. Getting 525 was just the start...sigh.

Deleted
    reaching 525 is horrible pain in the ass ... and since i reached 450 i solved about 1000 troll fragments and didnt get Zin Rokh yet.

I think that he ment to say that it was for the rare.

Ugh its really hard to level it, well its not hard but it just takes a while.

Quote Originally Posted by exdeath202 View Post
    Thanks to people that think that 50+ gameplay hours of farming something is "too easy to get" we end up getting to a point were every cosmetic item takes too many hours of farming, thanks.
    not all of these rares are cosmetic.. some of them are amazing first tier raiding gear.

Deleted
    I have been Archaeology-ing non-stop today. Since midday I have leveled from 450-525 (hit at around 3pm). Save for eating lunch and dinner I have done NOTHING ELSE. I have over 10 of _every_ _single_ NightElf grey artifact. I have every single Fossil and every single NightElf rare + common.

Yet I have had 4. I repeat, four Tol'vir digsite spawns in 14 hours. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiez View Post
    I have been Archaeology-ing non-stop today. Since midday I have leveled from 450-525 (hit at around 3pm). Save for eating lunch and dinner I have done NOTHING ELSE. I have over 10 of _every_ _single_ NightElf grey artifact. I have every single Fossil and every single NightElf rare + common.

Yet I have had 4. I repeat, four Tol'vir digsite spawns in 14 hours. Nice.
    Cry some more. it rewards epic so expect it to be grindy unless you are one of them wrath babies it makes sense then, seriously its worth the effort and clearly is working is intended, if you dont get that then you dont deserve to even have a chance to get these.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolaan View Post
    Cry some more. it rewards epic so expect it to be grindy unless you are one of them wrath babies it makes sense then, seriously its worth the effort and clearly is working is intended, if you dont get that then you dont deserve to even have a chance to get these.
    So spending 35 hours in 3 days isn't grindy enough? I find the 'Wrath babies' comment pretty hilarious considering I've played since Vanilla (does that make us cool around here or something? Is there a stigma I'm not aware of?)

if you were in vanilla, then why does grindy BUG you at ALL, thats all vanilla was, i was there too. it wasnt fun but it was rewarding after the grindyness

This is one of those cases where clearly not everyone was meant to get every epic available, unless you have a LOT of spare time. And no, 35 hours isn't "enough."

Deleted
    I don't have a problem with grinding when I can sense progress; I have a problem with grinding for three hours and not having any Uldum digsites spawning. There is no progress here at all. Completing two entire research paths gets me no closer to what I actually desire from this God awful profession.