Poll: Is healing really that hard?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is healing really that much harder than before?

Exams are ending which means it will soon be time to jump back into WoW and play Cata. I have multiple 80s, but my true love will always be my restoration shaman. I have heard lots of stuff about how difficult it is to heal these days. I played resto shaman in both BC and WotLK and I can say that BC was a hell of a lot harder. I was also one of the worse healers in the guild (usually 4th place out of the 6 of us raiding in healing meters.) Should I avoid healing and play a tank or is it really only an issue with people who don't know what they are doing? Is it harder or easier to heal than BC? Thanks to all of those who reply!

Shamans are in the best place, best passive regen and cata healing is designed around your mastery. Basically, let the tank dip to about 30% and greater healing wave him for 200k.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing is only bad if the dps aren't CCing and/or the tank is not pulling everything he sees.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    Shamans are in the best place, best passive regen and cata healing is designed around your mastery. Basically, let the tank dip to about 30% and greater healing wave him for 200k.
    Shaman mana regen is pretty bad. Paladins are probably the best healer overall for now.

So in other words it really depends on how much the DPS "stand in the fire"?

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame View Post
    Shaman mana regen is pretty bad. Paladins are probably the best healer overall for now.
    Shaman mana regen is perfectly fine its better than priests or druids just paladins are far to strong but then when aren't they as healers?

Quote Originally Posted by MeowthThatsRight View Post
    So in other words it really depends on how much the DPS "stand in the fire"?
    If DPS stand in the fire it is your job to heal us. We are trying to deal crazy damage after all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KatamariKarnage View Post
    If DPS stand in the fire it is your job to heal us. We are trying to deal crazy damage after all!
    I'm not sure if you're serious, but if you are, you are bad.

On topic, I think healing's gotten a lot harder. It's nigh on impossible to keep everybody at full health all the time, which was laughably easy in wrath. But that's OK.

The thing that bugs me though, is that some heroic bosses really deal insane damage. And I'm not even talking about avoidable mechanics here, like dps standing in the fire or whatever. Some heroic bosses hit the tank so hard, I have to spam big/fast heals just to keep him alive, wasting my entire manapool in about half a minute. Maybe I'm just not geared enough yet.

I'm not complaining though. Healing has become a lot more stressful for me, but at least I'm not half asleep while doing it. Through almost all of wrath I could just about heal all the content by selecting a melee and spamming chain heal, and throwing a lesser healing wave every now and then.
    Now I actually have to stay awake, think about what heal I'm going to use, and time my heals properly.

So it's become more stressful, but it's also become more fun. I like that stuff is hard. It's frustrating sometimes, but it feels much better in the end when you succeed.

Deleted
    TBH, im not having major problems on any of my healers.
    Priest (disc) has changed approach the most i think, but that was to be expected as it has the most viable ways to begin with (i havnt tried holy yet).
    If you had good 'gear-sense', its easy to handle provided your group doesn't fail.

definitely signed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far, the instances I have done, the first time through was very very challenging. Once you learn what trash does what, what bosses do what, etc, the places become easier. However, if some members of the group don't have awareness of what is going on around you, they won't survive. Or you'll let the tank die, attempting to heal their mistake (like me...), and then it's a wipe.

UNLESS you have a hunter who pops out his super awesome bear tank and saves the day. I didn't know hunters could do that, or did he have to shadowmeld out of combat first?
    This passion is a plagiarism.

No.

Definition of DELUSION

a : something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated
    b: something that is believed to be true or real but that is actually false or unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by dydelf View Post
    definitely signed.
    Oh how I hope that was irony..

Healing, DPSing or tanking isnt that hard if you play with ppl that know how to play.
    TBC and WOTLK taught DPSers to nuke and let healers and tanks figure out the rest.
    Now we are somewhat back to how things were in Vanilla and since cata is still in the craddle with heroics beeing hard since everyone has shitgear and not many knows the fights combined with the fact that they dont know how to cc in a dungeon (didnt play raids in vanilla/tbc) and fail with basics like standing in the shiny stuff on the floor that does damage will make healing hard untill they either outgear the content or L2P.

Unless there are some kind of AOE damage going on a good dpser should never take any real damage. And if they are decent they will know when to use their defensive cds.
    But hey, lets just blame the healer because you wipe when you die in the fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing is much harder, not just because of the changes to the system of healing or how much a tank can take.

Healers also now have to pay attention to the boss and where they're standing in 5 mans. So many bosses have 1 hit kill abilities now, it's not even funny. And I'm not talking like 90% of your health 1 hit kill, I'm talking 250-300k hit 1 hit kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of spamming 1 spell we now spam another. The only difference is mana can actually run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Healers also now have to pay attention to the boss and where they're standing in 5 mans. So many bosses have 1 hit kill abilities now, it's not even funny. And I'm not talking like 90% of your health 1 hit kill, I'm talking 250-300k hit 1 hit kill.
    How can that not be funny?
    Standing anywhere mashing one button and be fine is a rather unrewarding playstile imnsho.

With my priest heroics in WOTLK was PoH and some shielding. Realy realy realy booring.

It's not so bad if you cc and don't take any damage you aren't meant to with the exception of priest who have really bad mana problems atm
    Hi Sephurik

As long as you have a group that understands when CC is needed healing isn't that hard and as long as you can get used to the changes you will be fine. I play a paladin and we are probably the most balanced healers right now (as far as single target and aoe healing goes), learn to use the spells that you need to at the given time rather then spamming them and you won't have a problem.

The crux of the story is that the healer is now more dependant on the group than ever. It is very doable and real fun if you run with a competent pug or a guildgroup, but it can be excruciatingly frustrating when you have to deal with a group of wotlk-idiots. I was just in a group with the latter and it was a horrible experience, tank that chain-pulls and pays no attention to my mana or position whatsoever, dps that don't move for anything, no one willing to do anything else then pushing their HIGHDEEPS buttons, no dispelling, no ccing. And the beauty of it is, you as the healer get blamed for everything.

I hope you never pug with me, cuz your dead 4 sure. I lets 'm die and walk back, no rezzez for morons baby