Unhappy So, did 85 fix it?

No! and every bright person knew it won't. Mages are still way over the top. Now, will resil fix it? NO.

Again, resil will not fix it. Mages will get resil as well and if at the moment you have at least a slight chance of bursting them down inbetween endless snare and root chains, stuns and 40 yard silences/spellsetals, after everybody gets resil gear - you will not be able to burst them down at all.

At the moment every single class has a counter-class, a class that can make them go defensive mode and require serious help, every class but one - mages. They don't need anything. They can lockdown your healer, survive your burst and do insane damage at the same time and what's even more funny - it does NOT take any skill at all. Everything's instant apart from sheep and has 40 yards of range.

If this goes on, s9 will be absolutely dominated by mages and every s9 gladiator mage will only be /loled at.

Warriors and Ferals also have over the top damage, yes. But one thing that makes mages stand out is their Damage + insane CC + you can't CC a mage like you can a warrior or feral. Mage Armor, Blink, 3 trinkets (2 ice blocks), passive roots, on demand roots, stuns and snares.

You can lock down a warrior and a feral and at least somehow survive. You can't do anything against a mage. I think that Blizzard should decide whether they want Frost Mages to be CC or DD, because both doesn't really fit into the game, if you compare it to other classes.

I thought all classes except maybe hunters,boomkibs and ele shamans could lock people down 24/7.

Well, you, kinda, thought wrong I guess.

Deleted
    harrypotter cleave. Your friendly arena nemesis since season 8...

Im curious as to what class you play in order to get so mad at mages Nevian. I can only assume you play some sort of melee class, in wich case it explains your view on this.

Im not the best mage in the world to pvp, but i do consider myself to know my way around the frost tree. From my own experience any melee class is rather easy to defeat, however other casters is a different matter. Feral druids also have proven to be a challenge, so your claim of mages having no "counterclass" is in my eyes not correct.

Deleted
    "CC a Feral" hahahaha xD

I play a Mage, Mordoran and at the moment, there isn't a class that can stand toe-to-toe with a frost mage. The life of a PvP mage will become even easier when they get resil.

I don't want a whole season of this and then, when the devs go "OMG what have we done?" receive a HUGE nerf hammer hit. This should be sorted out as soon as possible, while rated BG's and Arena arena players haven't started mass qq.
    Last edited by Nevian Moore; 2010-12-14 at 12:59 PM.