Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Truegold an Alchemist Transmute , What about Blacksmiths.

Can anyone Please Answer me to Why an alchemist who has no primary use the substance of Truegold, Get the Skill to be able to Create Truegold, And not only that its the only way to get it.

Can we not Agree that Alchemists across all servers make truly outstanding amounts of Gold. Why is Blizzard now moving our trade mark Bar over to another profession?

Where as blacksmiths and Engineers have a use for it in near enough every pattern, Mainly Speaking From the Blacksmith Side , why have we lost our abilty as miners to be able to Create the Bar that we can use.

I would like to ask are we the only profession that now relies on Alchemists Being kind to us on Price , ( yes very likely that is ...) . I know that Blacksmiths make the Rods for Enchanters and the now the inscriptors control the markets on the new vanishin powder ( dust of dissapearance ) . But one item that can be crafted very easily at a cheap does Not Compare too 2 - 4 k per Bar of Truegold. In my personal opion i am Sickened.

Please post your opions and feal Free to point me in the Right Direction.

Alchemy, derived from the Arabic word al-kimia (*لكيمي*ء, ALA-LC: al-kīmiyā’), is both a philosophy and an ancient practice focused on the attempt to change base metals into gold, investigating the preparation of the "elixir of longevity", and achieving ultimate wisdom, involving the improvement of the alchemist as well as the making of several substances described as possessing unusual properties.[1] The practical aspect of alchemy can be viewed as a protoscience, having generated the basics of modern inorganic chemistry, namely concerning procedures, equipment and the identification and use of many current substances.
    Alchemy has been practiced in ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia (modern Iraq), India, Persia (modern Iran), China, Japan, Korea, the classical Greco-Roman world, the medieval Islamic world, and then medieval Europe up to the 20th and 21st centuries, in a complex network of schools and philosophical systems spanning at least 2,500 years.

What alchemy is according to wikipedia.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

not all BS Are miners + Primal might in TBC + why do every player need to buy BS stuff to get an extra socket = that's life for you, it isn't always fair.

Deleted
    Ever heard of arcanite?
    Or enchanted thorium?
    In vanilla these were made exclusively by alchemists and enchanters

TBC had primal might made by alchemists

Wrath had titansteel made by BS

Cata has truegold

Which of these is the odd one out?
    Alchemists have always been able to make a unique mat from transmutes, the only one they can't make a unique mat was Wrath.
    Oh waah waah, I can't make anything I want and have to rely on others, it's too expensive QQQQ. How long has the expansion been out? Less than a week, it's going to be expensive
    IMO, Titansteel was the mistake as it allowed mining/BS to be completely self sufficient, alchemists need to buy the raw metals before they even start transmuting

Tldr, it's fine, wrath was an exception, alchemy made metals are the norm, it's early and the prices are inflated, making it yourself would mean you need nothing from any other proffs

Quote Originally Posted by Cusith View Post
    now the inscriptors control the markets on the new vanishin powder ( dust of dissapearance ) .
    You can buy dust of disappearance from the inscription vendor

The Alchemists who are going to drop 20k+ on their Vial of the Sands dragon would disagree with the statement "Why an alchemist who has no primary use the substance of Truegold" vehemently.

EDIT: Considering Chaos Orbs are BOP, you're really not in a position to complain right now
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2010-12-13 at 02:58 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by greywaffles View Post
    You can buy dust of disappearance from the inscription vendor
    But don't tell anyone, I need my money from selling it on AH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehtnalav View Post
    But don't tell anyone, I need my money from selling it on AH
    ...LOL. Do people seriously buy that stuff? I was wondering what some idiot in trade was whining about with it's price last night.
    Lightning Fast

Blacksmiths.. what about them?

You didn't get the transmute, and you should have never gotten Titansteel. Suck it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    why does mining get screwed over with the high leveling ore smelting, we have the skill to smelt, yet blacksmiths get hardened elementium... all miners get is pyrite bars which are kind of useless. Im kind of disappointed with my profs, JCing and mining, like I made heaps of gold from mining at the start, but then they reduced the spawn of nodes, which was gg...

Id like to see miners get more high-end smelting opportunities

Blacksmithing is probably the most profitable profession right now, with how well weapons and pvp gear have been selling. Leatherworking and tailoring are close seconds.

Alchemy has one nice transmute that will make them regular money, but prices for truegold are plummeting as more alchemists hit 525 skill. They can't make money on potions, elixirs, or flasks yet due to incredibly high herb prices (though they will be able to in time). They get 1 transmute a day, while blacksmiths are only limited by the amount of time they're willing to spend sitting at a forge and listing stuff on the AH.

I have both a maxed alchemist and a maxed blacksmith. I've probably made about 15k from the alchemist with transmutes since Cata hit, and well over 100k from blacksmithing. Blacksmiths have nothing to complain about.
    www.justanotherwowblog.com - A blog about gold making, WoW economics, MMO philosophy, and more!

Honestly, nobody should have anything to complain about as far as gold making opportunities. All profs have a shining star that is very sought after right now. If you qq about not being able to craft an item that you need for a certain prof, then you should have been leveling an alt with that support profession instead of running circles in dalaran waiting to troll someone in trade chat. With that being said, I don't feel sorry charging obsene amounts for my darkmoon cards or my truegold bars seeing as I had the initiative to level the supporting profs that I needed to be a self reliant crafter. Maybe this xpac people will think for the future. Now I'm off to unload all the gold in my mailbox from the AH. Cheers!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nFeF View Post

You didn't get the transmute, and you should have never gotten Titansteel. Suck it up.
    The funny part about this is that Blacksmiths didn't get Titansteel. Miners got Titansteel. My DK is mining/herbalism, and I used to sell my Titansteel CD.

When my Alchemist eventually gets the Vial of the Sands recipe, I'm going to be SO glad I can make it myself. Useless for alchemists?

roflolol. If only you knew.

Please don't complain about Alchemy, we need the love.

Quote Originally Posted by nFeF View Post

I don't recall them getting titansteel....

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    IMO, Titansteel was the mistake as it allowed mining/BS to be completely self sufficient, alchemists need to buy the raw metals before they even start transmuting
    Wait so it's wrong for a Blacksmith with Mining to be "completely" self sufficient but it's ok for a Tailor to be self sufficient(can farm Volatiles/Cloth), enchanting to be "completely" self sufficient(mostly RNG based on green/blue/purple drops), or an Alchemist with Herbalism to be "completely" self sufficient?

Somethings wrong with your thinking here...

Not one of those professions requires another player to work sufficiently.

Farming doesn't equal self-sufficiency, because anybody can farm gold and buy the mats they need. For any profession, you can turn farming into mats.
    www.justanotherwowblog.com - A blog about gold making, WoW economics, MMO philosophy, and more!

10+ Year Old Account
    you're really complaining about proffessions having to use each other. Didnt old BS patterns involve mats from alchemists and engineers, back in the day when noone in their right mind was an engi?

Anyway, its perfectly fine the way it is. Its not hard to buy xmutes for 100g and provide the mats yourself. My bro is xmute spec, so I have basicaly given him the mats for 5 days of xmutes and just told him to sell em for 4k each, use the money to buy the 1k worth of mats, and just send me any procs he is lucky enough to get. Besides, it not like they make great money of flasks, the things tend to to go down to mats price within 2 weeks of the xpac, so really this is their only source of income

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Says View Post
    ...LOL. Do people seriously buy that stuff? I was wondering what some idiot in trade was whining about with it's price last night.
    You'd be amazed what people buy on the ah. I routinely sell the tailoring threads on the ah at mark ups, simply because people are too lazy to walk out of the ah, fly back to the tailoring trainer and buy it themselves. I sell pets that you can buy from a vendor for 10g, for up to 200g sometimes. (posting them at intervals, on different characters to make it seem like the lowest price is a good one)

A question I would pose to the op, is why do blacksmiths get the recipe for the enchanting rods? They don't use them, and its a pain to have to log over to my blacksmith to create a rod for my enchanter. This goes back to I believe BC when Blizzard said that they wanted there to be a form of communication and assistance between professions, that way you require either multiple professions to level another profession up, or access to another profession. I see no problem with this, and seeing as how I've sold 4 truegold bars at 2900g a piece the past couple of days, and I've sold my cd for it a few other times for 100g, I enjoy it the way it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    to all those who are talking about how blacksmiths/miners where self suffiecient are you saying that being self suffiecient is bad cause thats what it sounds like

P.S. im a miner/ blacksmith

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Wait so it's wrong for a Blacksmith with Mining to be "completely" self sufficient but it's ok for a Tailor to be self sufficient(can farm Volatiles/Cloth), enchanting to be "completely" self sufficient(mostly RNG based on green/blue/purple drops), or an Alchemist with Herbalism to be "completely" self sufficient?

Somethings wrong with your thinking here...

Not one of those professions requires another player to work sufficiently.
    Tailoring requires Enchanting to make gear, so it is not self-sufficent. In order to make the Imbued Bolts of Cloth you need Dust.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.