Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliemari View Post
    Thanks for reiterating my point.
    Say what? Not sure if you're ironic or not..But there are plenty fights where dps have a lot of responsibility, way to few where tanks have any responsibility tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burntchomsky View Post
    There is nothing intuitive about the healer having to place a dot on the boss in order to survive paralyze, or for some dps and heals (hunters, paladins) to have no way to dot and thus no way to break the paralyze. While paladins can bubble out of it, that has a cooldown, and because most the paladin could be the healer, it might happen that there is no other way to dispel the paralyze.
    As a paladin if you have 1 point in acts of sacrifice u can cleanse any movement impairing effects which includes this paralyze and also you can HoF someone everytime if u pop it just before the paralyze. Saving the healer having to dispel 2 people.

For the record, unless they've changed something, Judgement counts as a melee attack in that it procs a bleed debuff on yourself when you judge.

As a holy pally, I simply judge as soon as he starts to cast Paralyze, and the bleed debuff breaks me out shortly after the Paralyze happens (about half a second or so).

Edit: Or I could look a couple posts above me and see that Eternalwhitemoon already indicated this. Either way :-P

I love this boss, it's hilarious to see how so many people fail at him.
    Yesterday I had a pug group consisting of 2 * "Kingslayer", 2 * "Bane of the Fallen King" and me. So four PvE heroes, what could possibly go wrong, right?

Wrong.
    Every single one of them (well except me ofc ) failed SOOOOO hard at this boss it was ridiculous. We must have wiped on him at least 10 times.
    Even though I explained every single boss mechanic and what to do in detail all of them were simply incapable of understanding it.

The tank died several times because of Shatter.
    The tank died several times because of Ground Slam.
    The tank turned the boss several times so that the healer or ranged DPS got killed by Ground Slam.

Ranged DPS didn't use the spellreflect to get out of the stun.

The healer didn't dispel the stun or got stunned himself.

Eventually I left the group but the lulz I got out of it was well worth the repair cost.

Oh and I've cleared the boss several times before that without too much trouble, so it's definitely not too hard. Some people are just too stupid.

Fun and easy. Never stop attacking, start running when he casts paralyze. Had no troubles with positioning though.

He's tricky but just a retard check, we pretty much 3 manned him as our retards died like above 90%, me dpsing then the tank and healer.

How melee die to his abilities I'll never know, just get out when he casts paralyze.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    Say what? Not sure if you're ironic or not..But there are plenty fights where dps have a lot of responsibility, way to few where tanks have any responsibility tho
    Only things crucially dependent upon DPS are adds, and so far pretty much all DPS I've pugged with fail at them. (Karsh Steelbender adds, Corborus adds etc.) Lots of fights require a tank to learn complicated mechanics.
    WTB talented signature creators!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    The problems I experienced with Ozruk had nothing to do with the tank. Our problems had to do with breaking paralysis. We only had one toon who could do it for others, our druid healer. And for some reason her dots on him didn't always break her out. If she got out of hers she could cleanse the rest of us ranged dps and we'd be fine. My dots, as a hunter, weren't reflecting at me so I couldn't break myself free. It blew. Two paralysis and I was dead (which is, I gather, by design). Seemed to be way too RNG for me. My wife was the healer. I'd see her casting at the shield to get something reflected so she'd break free, and sometimes it just didn't stick. Very, very annoying.
    Ye we have same problem with healer last time a priest dint get reflect on his SW:P so i try the hard way as hunter to hit him for melee reflect but the problem was debuff expires second before get stun so same situation .So at the end priest has be forced to keep me and him + the tank was really good guy and tank has geared but Healer falls in mine eyes at next boss we die like 15 times just because he love to eat rocks

He is very easy :S When he does the stomp, you just run and stand behind him. When he's done you just run back / turn him away from group again.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had a problem because our tank kept charging. Once we realized his charge was turning him around he stopped and suddenly it became a fairly simple fight.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Hardest boss there. He's not stupidly tuned though, just really awkward especially if you lack a hostile dispel for your casters.
    you don't even need an offensive dispel. actually, it is even easier without dispelling elementium bulwark.
    you just need to get a dot reflected or an auto-attack and DON'T have it dispelled - you will nearly instantly be freed of the paralyse and can then instantly run away from shatter.
    we had 3 wipes there yesterday. me as priest heal, 3 dps friends from my server and a random tank.
    first i thought the problem was that the random tank wasn't running away quickly enough - but the actual problem was me instantly dispelling the elementium bulwark. we ended up all being stuck in paralyse (after i broke the first one with human insignia).
    after i stopped dispelling, the boss was a piece of cake.

I find him incredibly fun... when the tank dies. You can then proceed to go on a super kiting chain back through the path you cleared in the instance with all his constant stopping. We've taken him from 90% to dead without a tank.