Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Any other Melee Plate wearers getting Loot stolen by tanks?

I know its LFG but its BS. It's happened to me 2-3 times and I'm sure it will get worse. Its not right I have to sit in que for 50+ minutes, and the tank has almost instant Que and steals my stuff. Its not like they warn you either when the instance starts, otherwise I would drop their group cause I'm not playing with ninjas. I wouldn't care so much if you didnt have to get a specific gear level and what not for each dungeon just to que for it. How are you supposed to get geared for heroics if your guildies are leveling slow and people are jacking your loot? Anyone else ran into this?
    Warrior For Life

dont like the zero accountability of the LFG tool? then run in guild grps, you will not have gear stolen from you then
    IT DOTH BE DOOMSDAY! QUICK WHERES THE PIE!!!

I've seen it happen alot. it's geting pretty bad.

Someone objected me taking a Hit & Mastery piece before. I didn't know whether to laugh or facepalm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a tank and I'm getting gear 'stolen' by DPS!

Thing is, with tanks having less stats to worry about (as does DPS and heals by the way) gear overall is more useful. All plate dps has strength and stam, and all plate tank has strength and stam as well. If after that an item has a combination of hit, expertise or mastery then it is equally viable for DPS as it is for tanks.

Then, to top it off, you can reforge. Maybe I don't need the crit/mastery piece per se, but if I reforge the crit to dodge then the item is a complete upgrade for me!

It's less 'stealing' and more 'loot is now more viable for more players'. I'm sorry bub, but the coin has two sides and you'll have to learn to live with it!
    There's no such thing as bad players. Unless you refer to the good players that refuse to pass on their knowledge.

Play tank, take both tanking drops and dps drops, become dps again. Problem solved.
    I had epic tanking chest dropping tonight in some instance and some ret took it over me (tank). Was pretty retarded.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Part of randoms, using the LFG tool, is that you will always run into this. While I agree it is never fun to wait in long queues or to miss roll on your desired item, that tank is often times tanking to get faster queues, but may play as a dps generally. Or, what just dropped is indeed a TANKING upgrade for him/her, many items have mastery on them and can have their Crit/Haste reforged for a more tank friendly stat.

The reality is that if you are running with random groups, there is no "loot loyalty" and it is every man for himself.

There is always the option of assembling a group on your server, and then queueing. It will provide you more loyalty, make a few new friends, and perhaps get you into dungeons quicker than the LFG tool. Regardless - good luck sir.

EDIT: Also, since you're a tanking class, you could give that a try for faster queue's.
    Last edited by Zuldain; 2010-12-09 at 03:54 PM. Reason: typo + edit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoothor View Post
    dont like the zero accountability of the LFG tool? then run in guild grps, you will not have gear stolen from you then
    I just said that I have out leveled my guildies. Im not going to sit around and do nothing or level an ALT waiting on them so we can run groups. I have better things to do. Otherwise I def wouldn be rolling in guild groups. Doesn't make a difference either way, Blizz should do something about this crap and make it to where if you want DPS gear, you need to que as DPS. Its beyond rediculous that I have to wait 50+ mins only to have my shit stolen by some ass who literally qued 5 mins ago or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    I've seen it happen alot. it's geting pretty bad.
    If they would tell me when I join up that they were in there for DPS loot, I wouldn't say anything but they dont. And blizz doesn't give a rats ass if people steal your loot, if they did, they would act upon the reports. They do it for raids, why don't they do it for dungeons? I mean seriously. Paladins are the worst to, but I garuntee you that if I rolled on their tank loot, they would throw a fit on me.

I had 3 people quit a run thru stonecore tuesday night cause the tank refused to give me my earned loot..its going to get even worse as the more people hit 85 and run heroics
    Warrior For Life

Deleted
    Dislike this new system because of this, they need an obvious tank stat like def rating used to be to separate DPS plate and Tank plate, otherwise they'll just make the loot wars worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    A resto-shaman rolled need on Heart of Thunder, same as the DPS-DK. I laughed so hard, as i saw it and also clicked need, just because i could (and i was the tank btw). Won it and disenchanted it right before their eyes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but waiting in a 50 min queue, and then leaving because you have competition is stupid. You are effectively making you chances of winning loot 0% and then have to wait in another 50 min queue. IMO just deal with it. This kind of behavior will not last long and its just leveling gear anyways.

I have 2 tanks, soon to have 3.

I get extremely tired of plate DPS unwilling to tank and complaining of 15-40 min queues and then rolling on tank gear. For an extremely long time I refused to roll on any DPS gear when tanking as I know its hard to gear up for everyone; but since the LFD system came up the DPS 'ninjaing' tanking gear has gone up considerably and basically at this point I use the "blizzard lets me roll on it, im going to' system of decision making.

Deleted
    I think reforging has made loot far messier now. Where there was an overlap in base stats before and tanks could have easily glanced to see "hit, expertise" and just said "bah, no need, next!", now they have to carefully consider if it could be an upgrade since those stats are useful anyway, but can be made even more useful.

Not much you can do really if you only play dps. If you know in advance a piece of loot or category of loot you want badly from this dungeon, just say it at the start of the run is the best you can hope for at the moment.

The same thing happens to tanks btw, not just dps. It is equally as annoying at the time, except obviously tanks have almost instant queues more often than not (which is why they shouldn't need to ever ninja something someone else wants). I only play tank or healer. If I saw a piece I wanted, I would either roll Need straight away or wait until everyone else has rolled (if its a boss) then Need if no one else Needed. If someone else wanted it badly enough to ask me for it after losing, then I would definitely consider giving it to them since I know I'd be back straight away anyway unless it was a huge upgrade or something.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-09 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d3sign8t3dDruNk View Post
    I just said that I have out leveled my guildies. Im not going to sit around and do nothing or level an ALT waiting on them so we can run groups. I have better things to do. Otherwise I def wouldn be rolling in guild groups. Doesn't make a difference either way, Blizz should do something about this crap and make it to where if you want DPS gear, you need to que as DPS. Its beyond rediculous that I have to wait 50+ mins only to have my shit stolen by some ass who literally qued 5 mins ago or less.

If they would tell me when I join up that they were in there for DPS loot, I wouldn't say anything but they dont. And blizz doesn't give a rats ass if people steal your loot, if they did, they would act upon the reports. They do it for raids, why don't they do it for dungeons? I mean seriously. Paladins are the worst to, but I garuntee you that if I rolled on their tank loot, they would throw a fit on me.

I had 3 people quit a run thru stonecore tuesday night cause the tank refused to give me my earned loot..its going to get even worse as the more people hit 85 and run heroics
    I think you need to learn especially while leveling gear means next to nothing seeing how it gets replaced by greens a level later, to top it off with the whole new reforging tons of gear just became usable by more people. Stop picking the post that are just supporting what you want to hear. Point being, gears significance at lvl 80-84 is infinitely less than gear from raids at lvl 85, and gear altogether is more usable by every class and spec thanks to reforging. Min/maxing isn't necessary while leveling, an upgrade is an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erebusman View Post

I get extremely tired of plate DPS unwilling to tank and complaining of 15-40 min queues and then rolling on tank gear. For an extremely long time I refused to roll on any DPS gear when tanking as I know its hard to gear up for everyone; but since the LFD system came up the DPS 'ninjaing' tanking gear has gone up considerably and basically at this point I use the "blizzard lets me roll on it, im going to' system of decision making.
    Yea Im not the douche that rolls on Tank shit. I have no aspirations to tank on my warrior main, and therefore no need for the loot so I always pass. I take it sometimes for PVP purposes if the tank doesnt need it, but I always ASK first. I tried tanking in wrath and was terrible at it on my warrior, on my paladin I could do it just fine. I dont want to end up on a shitload of peoples ignore lists because I'm rolling on their gear cause that will just make the QUE longer...

I guess I'll just start needing on everything that I can "use", if people are going to do the shit to me, I'll do it back
    Warrior For Life

Quote Originally Posted by erebusman View Post

I find that my rule has relaxed as well. ToC 5 was the main reason that this happened. After gearing six tanks at 80 (three mine, gearing three for a guildmate), my perceived notion of 'playing nice' continued to deteriorate with each subsequent alt. I lost that stupid stamina trinket to every class imaginable before the need/greed change. Even after its implementation, I still lost it, mostly to plate DPS but often to anyone else permitted to roll as well, including healers. By the time I got around to my first druid, I was tired of 'playing nice.' I would queue as tank/healer and roll for both specs. Most often, I would get selected as a healer. Sometimes, the tank would try to threaten the group and this was my response: "I intend to roll for both my tree and bear set. If you don't like it, I recommend you throw me on ignore and boot me now. Keep in mind though, that the queue is 20 min. long for tanks and DPS alike while I'm currently the only healer queuing for this instance. It makes no difference to me."

Fortunately, by the time I got around to my guildie's tanks, I could queue as an overgeared pocket healer or have him DPS while I tanked it. Either way, it was an extra roll for him.

As frustrating as it was to see my crap ninja'd, I never felt that it warranted whining on the forums. Compromise or don't put yourself in that situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    blah blah tanks could have easily glanced to see "hit, expertise" and just said "bah, no need, next blah blah.
    Wait, what? Since when do I as a tank pass on hit and expertise?

If you tank ANYTHING at all then you know the best TPS tool you have is hit rating, and then soft expertise cap. Any attack that misses, is an attack that does not generate threat.

Like I already said, even without reforging this is what things look like:

All plate dps and tank has strength and stam
    The 'green stats' that can appear that tanks and dps want both are: hit, expertise, mastery
    The 'green' that only tanks want is: dodge, parry
    The 'green' that dps wants is: crit

By force of sheer logic, that means that there are 6 possible modifiers and only one of them makes the item 'exclusively' dps gear. Still, if a strength, stam and crit item drops, I can reforge part of that crit to mastery or anything else and get a tanking item out of it.

There is no pure gear that will only drop for one class or spec anymore. This is a shift in the thinking of players, and not a 'fault' caused by Blizzard. This is a perceived problem, that people eventually will adapt to.

That being said; if an item drops that is obvious a plate dps item and I can use it as an upgrade, I will make sure that *my* plate dps is cool with me rolling on it. If you want to encourage people to be asses, all you have to do is be onee too. But if you're being a good guy, then that just maybe may rub off as well
    There's no such thing as bad players. Unless you refer to the good players that refuse to pass on their knowledge.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know its LFG but its BS. It's happened to me 2-3 times and I'm sure it will get worse. Its not right I have to sit in que for 50+ minutes, and the tank has almost instant Que and steals my stuff. Its not like they warn you either when the instance starts, otherwise I would drop their group cause I'm not playing with ninjas. I wouldn't care so much if you didnt have to get a specific gear level and what not for each dungeon just to que for it. How are you supposed to get geared for heroics if your guildies are leveling slow and people are jacking your loot? Anyone else ran into this?
    This happens to all plate-wearing classes. DPS roll on Tank stuff, tanks roll on DPS stuff...and everyone gets mad about it. The absolute WRONG thing to do is just say "eff it, I'm rolling on everything." Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. right?

I'm main spec tank but quest as ret, so I tend on rolling on both items. However, I usually ask the people in my group if they would like the item or not before I selfishly just nab it.

However, as a tank I'm generally running into complete morons for dps. People who dps the wrong target, not cc'ing, not allowing me to pull or LOS. Quite frankly its extremely frustrating to have a pack of casters in a group, trying to LOS so I can gather them in one spot to tank them all, and have a warrior charge at the group while they're coming towards me. Or blowing up the mobs before I have a chance to even get a HoR off.

Its behavior like this which made me stop instance grinding. It takes a lot more time to teach DPS how to play their fucking class then to just quest myself. So when it comes down to me taking DPS items over stupid DPS, I have no pity for you at all.

Deleted
    I guess I'll just start needing on everything that I can "use", if people are going to do the shit to me, I'll do it back
    It's not about "use". If its an upgrade to you, then you Need on it. What's so hard to understand about this? From the perspective of an individual player, its not rocket science, lol!

If a tank rolled Need on a piece that you wanted, why on earth do you think it wasn't an upgrade to them? This isn't the end-game where there are specific recommended or spec tailored pieces. It's just one more upgrade.

You're just simply approaching it mentally the wrong way entirely. Just lose the attitude, and accept an upgrade is an upgrade for everyone who can upgrade!