Rather worried with Enhancement at the moment

Hey fellow shamans and people who like to post on shaman forums :P

Is anyone else noticing Enhancement performance rather inconsistent? My DPS seems to jump up and down for whatever weird reason (even on the same boss). My current armory is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../matero/simple. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong or if my stats are plonky all over the place, but any help is appreciated.

Deleted
    Might be your priority queue that's wrong, though It's very hard to figure out what you might be doing wrong judging from your gear only.

I start out by dropping my totems since in Enhancement Searing totem attacks automatically when combat starts. If I'm already in melee range I use Lava Lash -> UE -> Flame Shock -> Stormstrike -> Earth Shock -> Wolves. If I'm at range I use UE -> Flame Shock -> Lava Lash...so on. Is this correct?

How about your priority in combat? When do you use MW? Also, may want to double check that Searing Totem is actually shooting.

Also, how confident are you that you're getting UE on all of your Flame Shocks? I noticed a considerable DPS boost when switching from Elemental Precision to Reverberation.
    Last edited by PaintOnASign; 2010-12-25 at 09:41 PM.

In combat it goes something like:

Make sure searing is down and shooting (refresh around 5 seconds left)
    MW x 5
    Lava Lash
    Flame Shock (If UE buff is up)
    UE
    Stormstrike
    Earth Shock
    Wolves
    There's always time to refresh Lightning Shield before it runs out, whether we're moving somewhere etc.

I'm pretty sure my searing is shooting, the searing dot is hard to miss.

What is currently the best combo enchantments for our weapons (barring landslide due to it being hard to obtain atm). I'm running dual avalanches, but have taken consideration into Hurricane due to it being able to proc twice from 1 enchant (1 spell hit and 1 melee hit).

Also, what about my tree? Does it seem reliable?

---------- Post added 2010-12-25 at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PaintOnASign View Post
    How about your priority in combat? When do you use MW? Also, may want to double check that Searing Totem is actually shooting.

Also, how confident are you that you're getting UE on all of your Flame Shocks? I noticed a considerable DPS boost when switching from Elemental Precision to Reverberation.
    Speaking of getting UE on all your flame shocks, now that I think about it, are we supposed to cast Flame Shock if the UE buff is up even if Flame Shock is already ticking on the target?
    Last edited by Sayrah; 2010-12-25 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matero View Post
    Speaking of getting UE on all your flame shocks, now that I think about it, are we supposed to cast Flame Shock if the UE buff is up even if Flame Shock is already ticking on the target?
    You should use UE and FS, and by the time UE is off CD it's time to put FS back up. It's more bang for your buck dps-wise.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Well, Enh still relies on procs a lot (Maelstrom, Windfury, Static Shock) and if the RNGod is against you you're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRising View Post
    You should use UE and FS, and by the time UE is off CD it's time to put FS back up. It's more bang for your buck dps-wise.
    In other words clip the dot if you have to? I see

Dots and hots no longer get clipped. The duration simply gets refreshed.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    my rotation is Wolves + trinket > SS > UE > FS/ES > LL > MS x5 CL

im always topping the dps on bosses ALWAYS!

My friend is an enhancement shaman and he uses spell power main hand (Yes, I know, spell power) and enchants both weapons with flame tounge and he puts out a steady 14k dps.

Yeah right now im running SP mainhand with dual FT and I usually put out about 12k and my gears not the greatest. I've ran with a higher level agi DPS mace and WF and was on average 1.5k lower dps overall. This seems to be the best as far as EJ is saying and from what I've seen since FT is double dipping spell power right now. Until Blizz fixes this it's what I'm going to run with. It's crazy seeing my main hand's dps as "45" and putting out 12k lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by gookslammer View Post
    Throwing logic at a troll is like throwing bologna at a tank.

Deleted
    You should keep UE and Lava lash highest on the priority queue, anything else is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    You should keep UE and Lava lash highest on the priority queue, anything else is wrong.
    In combat, having an active Searing Totem down and Lava Lash on cooldown is more important imo.