Thread: Dear Healers:

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Dear Healers:

I understand healing is more difficult now than ever before. And since I do not play a healer myself I can only imagine how difficult it must be. But a lack of gear and/or skill on your side is no excuse to not heal someone.

Raid damage exists. Therefore, everyone needs healing. And refusing to heal someone other than the tank or yourself because you cannot handle it is a poor excuse to let someone die.

I'm not talking about standing in the fire either, I'm talking about genuine raid damage that's unavoidable. Please, either learn to play, get better gear or switch roles/stop playing just like everyone else. =D

Thank-you. <3
    What wet dreams are made of!

Deleted
    Lol, there are healers who don't heal aoe damage? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Aruzar View Post
    I understand healing is more difficult now than ever before....

do not play a healer myself....

learn to play....
    Hm...........

Good thing every class (except hunters I believe) have a self heal for times where a healer doesn't heal you. (No I don't play a healer btw)

healing aoe damage as a druid is PITA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarian View Post
    Good thing every class (except hunters I believe) have a self heal for times where a healer doesn't heal you. (No I don't play a healer btw)
    Warriors do not have any self-heal either, right? Except victory rush which doesn't work in a raid since it demands killing blow.

Deleted
    Actually, when it comes to raids and dungeons, I do heal the AoE damage, but I also look at the situation, and if someone is standing in the crap, it is his fault, and I just let him die.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Warriors do not have any self-heal either, right? Except victory rush which doesn't work in a raid since it demands killing blow.
    Enraged regeneration? Or what it's called.

Enraged regeneration.. its kinda insane actually..

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    dear dps.... get a clue.. roll a healer then come back and tell us we suck...

As a healer we have to prioritise our mana now.. which means we WILL let a dps die over the tank or ourselves. A fight can be finished with just the tank and the healer where as it is very difficult to finish the fight with out a tank and or a healer. Telling us to get better gear or re-roll is stupid. What we really need right now is DPS who dont stand in fire and try a bit of self healing (every class can use bandages and potions) to take the strain off of us while we get through the heroics. Please remember you guys bitched about wrath being faceroll... everyone wanted it harder.. Well guess what? Its now harder so your gonna die every now and again.. dont like it? go play Hello Kitty online.. I am sure the 7 yearold girls will look up to you and your awesome skills.

This post was unacceptable, especially the last line. Don't flamebait other users. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-16 at 09:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors have Enraged Regeneration, Fury warriors have Bloodthirst and talents that heal when you take damage (Second Wind etc)

If anything warriors have more healing abilities than most classes

By admitting taht you dont play a healing class and telling us to l2play, u have just made yourself look like the biggest idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Diurden View Post
    healing aoe damage is a PITA
    Fixed that for you.

There is a lot more than not standing in fire though I doubt EVERYONE that dies from "lack of heals" is doing that. Interrupts, CCs, watching aggro, Self-heals, bandages, potions. All of these will make your life better.

I will be honest there are probably a lot f terrible healers out there who can't cope with the changes, but I would wager all the money I have spent on my sub since I started playing there are more DPS who are still retarded.

Deleted
    Dear everyone else,

At current gear level when shit hits the fan in a raid, healers WILL have to choose between the 1-2 tanks, a handful of healers and the rest of the group consisting of DPS. Choosing who lives or dies has become a very real dilemma for healers in catacylsm.
    I think we can all agree that letting a DPS die is better than letting a tank or another healer die, right?

Much love,
    Healers.

Deleted
    One word for you. Bandages.

Quote Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post
    Hm...........
    Good use of edit there, twisting my words. You're pro...

Simply put:

Raid damage. It happens. If you can't handle it don't do it.

Every role has their own things to learn. This is just something special for the healer.

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 01:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elvissa View Post
    Cast - interrupted - 50 seconds later - cast - interrupted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiph View Post
    Dear everyone else,

At current gear level when shit hits the fan in a raid, healers WILL have to choose between the 1-2 tanks, a handful of healers and the rest of the group consisting of DPS. Choosing who lives or dies has become a very real dilemma for healers in catacylsm.
    I think we can all agree that letting a DPS die is better than letting a tank or another healer die, right?

Much love,
    Healers.
    Enrage timers are going to say hi, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kampret View Post
    By admitting taht you dont play a healing class and telling us to l2play, u have just made yourself look like the biggest idiot
    Not at all.

I'm simply saying healing raid damage is part of your role as a healer. I'm asking you to learn to do it otherwise don't play.

Again, the same applies to tanks and dps with their respective roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvissa View Post
    Because bandages totally work when you are taking constant AOE damage...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    dear dps.... get a clue.. roll a healer then come back and tell us we suck...

As a healer we have to prioritise our mana now.. which means we WILL let a dps die over the tank or ourselves. A fight can be finished with just the tank and the healer where as it is very difficult to finish the fight with out a tank and or a healer. Telling us to get better gear or re-roll is stupid. What we really need right now is DPS who dont stand in fire and try a bit of self healing (every class can use bandages and potions) to take the strain off of us while we get through the heroics. Please remember you guys bitched about wrath being faceroll... everyone wanted it harder.. Well guess what? Its now harder so your gonna die every now and again.. dont like it? go play Hello Kitty online.. I am sure the 7 yearold girls will look up to you and your awesome skills.
    This.
    couldn't agree more