Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Booring dungeons

Is it just me or are dungeons so crazy boring, thats even worse for HCs. I really dont enjoy being stucked in one simple fight for like 5 minutes and spend on trash even more time.

Dont get me wrong, these fights are super easy for ppl who are raiders(including me), but it just takes way too long to get through whole instance just to get few points, which will be probably very important for raid progress. I want WotLK model!

Quote Originally Posted by MrProper View Post
    I want WotLK model!
    /facepalm. So you want the 15 mins HCs and the free epics back?

Quote Originally Posted by MrProper View Post
    Is it just me or are dungeons so crazy boring, thats even worse for HCs. I really dont enjoy being stucked in one simple fight for like 5 minutes and spend on trash even more time.

Dont get me wrong, these fights are super easy for ppl who are raiders(including me), but it just takes way too long to get through whole instance just to get few points, which will be probably very important for raid progress. I want WotLK model!
    So was flying through WotLK dungeons fun? Because if not, then dungeons have never been fun for you since this xpac is the same as BC and Vanilla dungeon length wise/difficulty. The point of dungeons is to get people fresh off 60/70/80/85 new gear, same for heroics. After you finish those, you dont even have to run them except for a typical hardcore raider who does them once a day for the daily. I myself LOVE the way the new dungeons are, it brings a fun aspect to them and I loved BC and Vanilla dungeons, so this fits me great.

obvious troll is obvious
    (User was banned for this post - Reason: Useless post, use the report function instead of neglecting stated forum rules)
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2010-12-15 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lokna View Post
    obvious troll is obvious
    ^-- This says it all

(No, it's not acceptable to quote a spam post without adding anything relevant to the thread either)
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2010-12-15 at 08:07 PM.

waaah! Prolly started playing in wrath too didnt you? Suck it up and play not everyone wants easy stuff and a lot of the fights are a lot more challenging that just spam aoe and things die. Deal with it.

I actually kind of agree. I like them, but the bosses for the most part share the same strat. Stay out of the circles of death, kill the adds. The heroics require a little more strategy, but even then, the first add little variation. Its all pretty though Bosses look great.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOWoW View Post
    /facepalm. So you want the 15 mins HCs and the free epics back?
    I think 15 min HCs, that had actual difficulty to them would be prefered compared to 30-45 min heroics, that are only time consuming, not the supposed "difficult" 6 mobs in one pull and bosses with huge health pools don't equal hard. give difficult mechanics, not ZOMG move out of fire. ZOMG CC = insta win. I would rather have 15 mins of skill than 45 mins of grind.

just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by hooah216 View Post
    So was flying through WotLK dungeons fun? Because if not, then dungeons have never been fun for you since this xpac is the same as BC and Vanilla dungeon length wise/difficulty. The point of dungeons is to get people fresh off 60/70/80/85 new gear, same for heroics. After you finish those, you dont even have to run them except for a typical hardcore raider who does them once a day for the daily. I myself LOVE the way the new dungeons are, it brings a fun aspect to them and I loved BC and Vanilla dungeons, so this fits me great.
    I disagree I find long boring dungeon runs of 1 hour plus to be a waste of time. I want challenges in raids not in a 5 man heroic. I would much rather crack a beer have some fun in a pug or guild group blowing through a dungeon over spending a hour plus running back to the dungeon entrance in a pug of players that just do not get it. I was here in Vanilla I was here and tanked all of BC and I never missed not having to run Shattered halls again because it was annoying and painful in pugs. I dislike this return to 2 hour heroics for pugs. Guild groups for me go quickly and are fun but Pugs are just a test of patience and a crash course in dealing with stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by knuckz View Post
    I actually kind of agree. I like them, but the bosses for the most part share the same strat. Stay out of the circles of death, kill the adds. The heroics require a little more strategy, but even then, the first add little variation. Its all pretty though Bosses look great.
    I take it you haven't done Vanessa Vancleef yet?

Man that's a fun encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekto View Post
    I think 15 min HCs, that had actual difficulty to them would be prefered compared to 30-45 min heroics, that are only time consuming, not the supposed "difficult" 6 mobs in one pull and bosses with huge health pools don't equal hard. give difficult mechanics, not ZOMG move out of fire. ZOMG CC = insta win. I would rather have 15 mins of skill than 45 mins of grind.

just sayin.
    Please explain, in detail, what these "15 mins of skill" would entail.

well i like the new 'difficulty' in the instances but what i don't like is that for some reason i haven't downed a single boss yet despite of already being in 8 different groups.. must be my luck to get stuck with so many oblivious persons...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think this guy's trying to pull someone's leg. There's no way anyone that considers themself a 'raider' would rather have WotLK crap than this.

I think that the new dungeons are a good way to build people up for raiding. You actually need some strategy and to gear up for them.

Oh my this is funny... "I am a raider.... but I want easy dungeons"... lol

Personally I love dungeons with trash mobs so you don't just do boss after boss (aka ToC). Because people are not over-gearing dungeons yet, it is still challenging especially in PuG. Sure once you know all the mechanics of all the bosses, it becomes more trivial, but I really don't get the "I don't want to spend time doing that"... when all a game is about is spend your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Painted View Post
    I disagree I find long boring dungeon runs of 1 hour plus to be a waste of time. I want challenges in raids not in a 5 man heroic. I would much rather crack a beer have some fun in a pug or guild group blowing through a dungeon over spending a hour plus running back to the dungeon entrance in a pug of players that just do not get it. I was here in Vanilla I was here and tanked all of BC and I never missed not having to run Shattered halls again because it was annoying and painful in pugs. I dislike this return to 2 hour heroics for pugs. Guild groups for me go quickly and are fun but Pugs are just a test of patience and a crash course in dealing with stupidity.
    What I hear you saying isn't "heroics are too hard" but "people in pick up groups tend to not be good enough to beat the heroic dungeon".

This is absolutely how it should be. If the game's difficulty bar was set so that one bad player in a PUG was enough to prevent you completing the Heroic, I would say the bar was set perfectly right. Heroics SHOULD take some effort and ability to complete. If this means using the LFG tool will inevitably get you a player who will wipe you over and over, so be it. Maybe that will actually convince those players to learn to play better, rather than relying on getting carried by others.

If you allow rewards to go to people who do not earn them, then those people have no reason to change themselves to improve. You absolutely have to reward some, and NOT reward others, to encourage those others to improve. If we all get ice cream, it doesn't matter if Billy cleaned his room and Bobby didn't. You need to give Billy ice cream and let Bobby know if he wants ice cream some night, his room had better be clean. And when Bobby cries and says it's not fair, you have to not listen. Because he's wrong. He's being an entitled little brat who wants ice cream for bad behaviour.

Just because you want to get points fast, to complete raids fast. Doesn't mean the rest has to suffer. To be good at raiding you don't need slightly better gear from heroics anyway, you need to have people that can move out of fire.

I kind of agree with his subtle 2nd point - "it does take way too long to do an instance for a few badges." In wrath - you waited in the que for an avg of 15mins and finished the dungeon in 15-20mins. Now you wait in the que for 40mins and finish the dungeon in 1 hour plus. You're getting the same compensation for harder content and 3xs of the amount of your time is invested. Same can be said for BGs. Because the health pools are higher - there are a lot less HKs which means a lot less honor. I don't have a problem with investing an hour plus in a challenging dungeon or raid or spamming BGs, but make the time and effort worth more. Wow's mantra is clearly invest your time with us and we will give you epic rewards. Their Mantra should be - overcome difficult odds and we will give you epic rewards. But, that will never be, wow's current mantra is profit based rather than challenge or fund based - investing significant time = $$$

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Please explain, in detail, what these "15 mins of skill" would entail.
    Exactly the same as current heroics, but whit less time. Lets say, 2 Bosses and their trash instead of 6.

Once again... nobody is saying that heroics are hard, they are just boring, long, repetitive, pure grind. I know that casuals might like that since they are not going to do much of a raiding, but for me its waste of time and also i dont have time to spend 2 hours just to do 1 stupid heroic for valor points.