Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Isharii View Post
    Cataclysm is a far cry from BC, still.
    You mean superior to BC in every way? I agree =). Heroics could be a little more difficult in general, several of the fights are very well designed though. To me BC heroics were artificially hard, most bosses didn't actually have hard mechanics they just hit like a truck so it was pretty much all on the healer and on the tank's gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    exactly, DPS need to do normals which have less fire to stand in, lower DPS requirements, it teaches you the basic mechanics AND they drop loot that makes you do more damage for heroics! and don't be lazy- do your questlines for blues, when you get a dungeon quest queue up for it while you continue soling, watch the AH and you can pick up 333 gear as low as 83, do Crucible of Carnage at 84 for your 333 weapon and lo and behold, you now know most of the fights for heroics, you've had practice getting out of fire and you have appropriate gear. simply taking/buying useless gear to boost your ilevel does NOT help anyone and will only get you booted for being in half greens.

and tanks, take it slowly if necessary, i'm fairly sure people would rather have a slower, yet complete dungeon rather than getting a tank acting like he's on speed and wiping mutliple times. mark up CC, keep an eye on the healer's mana and most importantly use your CDs ACTIVELY not REactively. CC broke? ohshi- 4 mobs on me now- use a CD. mob free casting on you at a distance? use a CD. too many times i see a pull go wrong and the tank drops like a sack of shit without using CDs then rages at the DPS. going through bosses not using CDs? USE THEM. why not? they're back in 1-3 minutes anyway, and that's nothing. going down to red HP and then using a CD usually too little too late as your healer has to now blow thousands of mana to get you back up again and you're still within 1 or 2 hits of dying.

i don't play a healer so can't say a lot for them, but when the above happens and people avoid and interrupt stuff, the healer's job is literally 1000x easier. that's why heroics seem broken but it's just a steeper learning curve that should be here to stay. the same people wanting nerfed heroics will complain that raid content is too easy. you can't have both easy heroics and hard-as-nails raid content, it's meant to be a learning curve, not a learning cliff.
    Last edited by SoulPoetry; 2010-12-18 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please never nerf heroics, make them harder. Make it an effort to clear a dungeon. Make players use all their skills and brain. If Cata even comes close to WOTLK standard of things, I'm throwing all my wow-cds into the ocean.

So yes, go with your guild, or a known group of people and have fun.

RONG WHIT DOG!

i'Ve done all heroics as bear tank, even tried some of the achievements, succeeded in some, failed in some others

to sum it up: we needed around 4.5h for the first time grim batol hero (feral tank, holy pala, retri pala, hunter, ele shaman)
    and though it was really tough for us, we loved it

the heroics are good as they are, they need LEARNING , nothing more

for the guy who wrote "you need reactions like a fighter pilot"

we are all over 30 and really dont have that kind of reaction

Deleted
    It's Blizzards mistake for making Heroic Dungeons even available in the LFG tool.
    Now most of the wotlk kiddies think a heroic is about 10 minutes faceroll where the druid
    can hot up behind and relax. I dont blame them, it's their impression first of the game.

But lets make one thing clear, Blizzard made 2 parts of every instance. The heroic and the normal, if you cant manage sorting out a good setup for heroic, the normal dungeons are still good for gearing up pre heroic gear. Equip faction tabards also so you get reputation, the gear doesnt only come from instances.

I don't think heroics are too difficult. I have quite enjoyed them, it just seems that there is a large gap between some heroics and others, loot city, deadmines, vortex pinnacle, throne of tides and halls of origination are all extremely easy, The only catch in dead mines is someone has to know how to do the harvest reaper for foe reaper, and ripsnarl does quite a bit of tank damage, and for halls, the hardest part are the two trash pulls, the one at the very beginning and the one just like it, and for lost city, again, the trash is the hardest part, although with a bit of CC that is trivialized. On the other hand, stonecore, Shadowfang, and grim batol are all EXTREMELY hard to do without a competent group. All of the heroics, but the last 3, can be done fairly easily in a pug group, even one thats not extremely competent, I mean you might wipe a few times throughout the run, a bit more in HoO simply because the trash is bitchy and its so long, but its nothing that can't be done without a lot of hassle. I personally agree with totalhalibut and believe that we, as gamers, should strive to be better, not have the game nerfed down to our level. Also, alot of the problems people are having is that heroics are still relatively new, and people haven't done all of them yet, or haven't done them alot yet. In a few months it will probably be alot easier.

Heroics are called that for a reason. Heroic. If we want to make it easy and manageable for window licker herper derpers who race to 85 and want epics, then why bother? And after a week... really? Get over it. Learn to play, get better gear, learn your class. I noticed the first time i did Grim Batol it was HARD... mad hard. With better gear.. and a crafted epic (engineering pew pew hat) i find that it is a little easier... oh and due to the fact i know how to CC. This with an undergeared tank with some green lvl 312 gear.

Growing very tired of these kind of threads. Surely by now, MMO should disallow this material from surfacing.. time and again.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFD3S View Post
    You mean superior to BC in every way? I agree =). Heroics could be a little more difficult in general, several of the fights are very well designed though. To me BC heroics were artificially hard, most bosses didn't actually have hard mechanics they just hit like a truck so it was pretty much all on the healer and on the tank's gear.
    Nethermancer Sepethrea would like a word with you.

I just recently started queing for heroics, im a mut rogue. And of the 5 heroics i have done(did HoO twice), the group has managed to do them all with little or no wiping, with 4/5 of the group being in the heroic for the first time, including me. Bad players who cant learn and adapt after each wipe fail, while good ones suceed and progress in the new heroics. Ive done, HoO, BRC, VP, and lost city with only a couple wipes in each. I do realise i have been getting lucky though, seeing some of the horror stories.

I think one problem is that in the new heroics you need 5/5 to be on there game. If even one DPs is lacking and takeing tons of damage, it really hurts the healer(mainly) and the rest of the group. Better off just not even healing people like that (save your mana) and rolling with 4/5 till he either leaves, gets better or you can boot him.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

As a healer, it's a pain when people are still in the wrath-baby mindset that standing in the fire for a few seconds is ok, because it's only a bit of damage....

As your healer, I would LOVE it if you would do everything in your power to lower the amount of incoming damage to yourself, as keeping a tank alive in some of the heroics is a job enough in itself.

All that aside, I really do enjoy the difficulty tuning of the new heroics, with one exception: HC Stonecore. Every boss in there feels like a freaking minigame -- run away, or instakill; kite, or instakill; AoE perfectly, or instakill. I healed a group through HC Stonecore last night, and we wiped repeatedly on Ozruk's retarded mechanics for nearly an hour. We finished the dungeon, and sure it felt good to finish, but the frustrations incurred by Ozruk's back-to-back instakill abilities outweighed any enjoyment we felt for finishing the dungeon.

Ozruk: Break yourself upon my body!
    Tank: #$%@ YOU, Ozruk! I'm done breaking on you!

Wotlk babies.

If a tank took a 90k crit, he ignored a boss mechanic most likely, or changed stance\presence\wtv.

I love how all the bad players are forced to make an effort on heroics... KEEP THEM THIS WAY PLEASE.