View Poll Results: Nerfing Only Quest Guild XP Gains... good or bad?

Voters
81. This poll is closed
  • AWESOME! I hate casuals. Anyone not raiding shouldn't play

7 8.64%
  • GOOD! Small guilds don't deserve perks

13 16.05%
  • BAD! Nerfs should be evenly distributed

40 49.38%
  • TERRIBAD! I hate elitist raider favortism

21 25.93%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Guild Experience Nerf: Good or Bad?

Questing now earns 1/4 of the guild experience it used to earn, but dungeons still earn the same. Good idea or bad idea?

Please don't troll. Serious poll.

Not completely thrilled with it, but it's just a bunch of perks, nothing game breaking imo if I don't have it all right away. So far my guild has continued to hit the cap each day, if it continues, awesome, if not, we'll get there eventually.

Deleted
    Seems good to me, it encourages people to go to dungeons and learn more of the mechanics as most people seem a little rusty

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was fine until i realized that it takes 6+ heroic dungeons to cap guild xp a day. Even if your running 2 5mans in a 10 man guild, how are you supposed to get 3 heroics in and 4 hours of raid in the time people come home from work till bedtime? Looks like our options now are ...raid, or get guild levels which i have started to see become recruiting tools for raiding. WTF!

Deleted
    this just adulterates the fact that when your guild hits level 25 (after a year or something) and then your leader has a bad day and kicks you out...you are pretty much 'hmpft'...because Blizz wants to avoid guildhoppers...wow, good thing! ... nooooot

bad for my guild, theres 12 or so of us and we couldnt hit cap, we'll prolly be lvl 25 by the next content patch or two though

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously doubt they nerfed the xp to be mean to small guilds, I think they lowered it in an attempt to make guild leveling slower for as many people as possible. The next expansion won't arrive next week, it'd be a waste if everyone could reach max level in the first or second tier imo. The perks are nice, but nothing that noone can't live without and havn't lived without until now. I even think they should've lowered the daily/weekly (can't remember) cap as well.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Horrible poll choices, what if one is a casual and loved the change because they thought their guild was leveling way too fast?

Poor poll choices, this is more about medium sized and larger guilds versus small, 10-man focused guilds.

I agree that the poll choices are just horrible and biased. It's pretty much trolling for QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I agree that the poll choices are just horrible and biased. It's pretty much trolling for QQ.
    the change made was not an across the board change. small raiding guilds that were hitting the cap will still hit the cap. they were not affected. the variable that was altered was QUEST XP, not total XP or ALL XP.

Quests were selectively singled out for the nerf, thus any guild that earns their guild XP through dungeons is not effected by the change.

Deleted
    Voting choices were awful but the point stands, it seems Blizz wants to push for large guilds (leveling ones benefit madly from this) and punishing smaller friend guilds with extremely slow progress.

It's a shame, especially since this hits us very hard. Oh well, I guess we didn't want to reach 25 anyway.

It seems the sentiment is 3:1 against it. It doesn't effect larger guilds, and I always thought a small guild of closely knit friends was a legitimate type of guild. Why do the larger guilds care if we get perks, too?

Well, I can't choose any of your options because I don't quite agree with any of them. I guess the closest would be the third option; but in reality I don't care all too much between the character in my raiding guild, and the many characters I have in smaller guilds.

Many of the perks seem to be primarily useful for only raiding or PERHAPS battlegrounds as is. As far as the other stuff goes, such as the heirlooms and such... Well, I suppose it would be a bit slow for smaller guilds.

I think it's good, but for none of the reasons you listed on the polls... So I'm not using the Poll. I enjoy actually being able to help my Guild level now. Before, I got on and it was already Exp Capped for the day. Hell, I even got to see my Guild Level up to 4 yesterday. It was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Worse poll options ever. The nerf was needed because every guild with more than 3 people were hitting the exp cap everyday. If left that way then why have a exp system in the first place? Just hand us a new perk every 3 days or so.

No, the nerf was needed, in fact I think it was too small. I play on a 10man guild and only get to play at night and yet, everyday when I log, my guild's exp is already capped. I never helped with it's development simply because my guild mates already did that by leveling their chars or doing a few daylies/dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Groth View Post
    Horrible poll choices, what if one is a casual and loved the change because they thought their guild was leveling way too fast?
    I agree. The poll choices are terrible.

I am in a small guild, but enjoy it. If we're all working together, we manage to cap out everyday, but the rewards feel deserved.

Small guilds that have no intention of raiding don't need the perks imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    Small guilds that have no intention of raiding don't need the perks imo.
    No one, not the hardcore uber awesome raiding guilds or the casual raiding guilds or the casual of casuals who don't even run 5mans very often, needs the perks.

They are perks. They are not needed. They are not worth the drama.

You will get them eventually. If it is worth it to you to get the as soon as possible then you should discuss with your and your small guild how to go about doing that. Organizing 5man groups and having everyone do their dailies with some regularity should be more than enough.

Slightly off-topic: Could someone link me to a resource so I can read up on Guild changes?
    It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.