Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I thought that WoTlk ruined WoW?

On a more serious note, from what I've been seeing, avoidance is much more important now, so don't be put off by not having a lot of hp I guess.
    Like everyone has said, you should run some normals dungeons before hcs.

Deleted
    Stop being bad and then you'll be able to kill boss's

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only get on the forum when I am at work and cant play. When I am at home and have free time to play wow I am healing so people can get gear. I do help ppl but most of the ppl qqing about stuff didnt play vanilla or Bc.

---------- Post added 2010-12-19 at 05:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lamb chops View Post
    I thought that WoTlk ruined WoW?

On a more serious note, from what I've been seeing, avoidance is much more important now, so don't be put off by not having a lot of hp I guess.
    Like everyone has said, you should run some normals dungeons before hcs.
    My boyfriend has alot of avoidance and i can tell when I heal him and other tanks. I barely have to heal him vs someone who is stacking stam.I hate healing pally tanks.
    How does it feel knowing you just got owned by a girl?

10+ Year Old Account
    The key to doing heroics is to learn how to be good, it's not about the gear. I did the first boss in SFK HC like 5 times until we figured out who will interrupt what cast, when shall we blow which cooldowns and other stuff.
    Try going through normal dungeons to see what happens, learn to use cooldowns and communicate with your group to improve their performance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmnir View Post
    So far in Cata i really enjoyed leveling to 85, i enjoyed the quest but one think i notice is a HUGE lack of gear for tanks. I hit 85 3 days ago and just today got the required item lvl, and have started to do heroics. I have been able to do ONE boss in ONE out of 4 heroics i have attempted. I have crap gear from the lack of tanking gear from quests, and no gear ever dropped from me for dungeons. If i cant do heroics, how am i supposed to get gear? After failing endlessly for a long time, i am officially depressed with the game and i am probably going to unsubscribe. Cata has ruined the late level experience and i am very disappointed with Blizzard for their terrible fail.

Anyone else feel this way?
    Err, I had to purchase 1 JP piece and a back from the AH to get to the ilvl cap. Are you sure you havent just gone for the Wrath method of tanking which is stack stam - this will fail you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have crap gear from the lack of tanking gear from quests, and no gear ever dropped from me for dungeons.
    Son,

Do more dungeons.

Problem solved.

---------- Post added 2010-12-19 at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    I played in Vanilla and TBC, and they got something Cataclysm never will get.
    You are absolutely correct. Both Vanilla and Burning Crusade had an abundance of clunky or grindy game mechanics and an overly exclusive raid scene. I'm glad we'll never have to go back to that.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2010-12-19 at 11:33 AM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

the lack of tank gear really is WTF when i started out i went with dps gear witch had mastery/hit/expretise rating on it just so i could start doing HCs faster sens the guild healers are awsome and i have allways been really lucky when i comes to gear atm i just need to kill like 30 HC for the JP and get the rep for the vendors and i am at 346 ilvl or better on every item (only need 2 items for vortex pinical)

Quote Originally Posted by broflmao View Post
    You need to do more normals
    This.

People forget Heroics are hard now, and normal dungeons are a tier before them which you need to get through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    I'd ride for the sole fact that its a huge cock. It'd be hilarious.

As a tank I've also noticed a lack of tank gear dropping in Normals, and with only being able to get such a small amount of JP per day it's taking a while. Currently grinding Hyjal rep for the Tank cloak, but he is right, there is not much in the way of tanking items dropping in Normals, or from Quests. For this reason I've been running instances as DPS, my DPS set has been completely replaced, where my Tank set still has at least 4 ICC Epics and some questing greens left in it. This is even after buying 2 pieces of Justice point armor for my tank set. So OP, I see what you're saying, and I pretty much agree.
    Brawlking
    Strength and Honor

Quote Originally Posted by Nakkí View Post
    You are absolutely correct. Both Vanilla and Burning Crusade had an abundance of clunky or grindy game mechanics and an overly exclusive raid scene. I'm glad we'll never have to go back to that.
    while i agree you have noticed the amount of people around who both think and want Cata will see a return to that ye ? (the exclusive raid scene bit not the clunky or grindy game mechanics bit)
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-12-19 at 11:55 AM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

OP: i heard that there are things that are called normal dungeons? ever tried that? and dont qq about tank gear.. i hit 85 26h after release and iam now in full 346 and 7 pices of 259 gear.. it's not har dot get gear..

Tanking gear this expansion feels like a scratch card where you have to match three to win, except instead of "Five thousand!" "Five thousand!" "Five... hundred!" it's "Hit!" "Expertise!" and then either "Crit!" or "Haste!"

And God forbid I want to get even a single piece of gear without Mastery on it.

Deleted
    So far in Cata i really enjoyed leveling to 85, i enjoyed the quest but one think i notice is a HUGE lack of gear for tanks. I hit 85 3 days ago and just today got the required item lvl, and have started to do heroics. I have been able to do ONE boss in ONE out of 4 heroics i have attempted. I have crap gear from the lack of tanking gear from quests, and no gear ever dropped from me for dungeons. If i cant do heroics, how am i supposed to get gear? After failing endlessly for a long time, i am officially depressed with the game and i am probably going to unsubscribe. Cata has ruined the late level experience and i am very disappointed with Blizzard for their terrible fail.

You know all of those posts about how people hate casuals who can't be bothered to put in any effort and expect gear on a plate? They are about you.

You have to be patient, cataclysm IS difficult.
    Go do normals, until you feel competent doing heroics without too much difficulty.
    Man up.

Deleted

Everyone else has been able to do it, there's no reason why you can't buddy, it may just take more time

Other than that, do some epic quests, do some buying from professions to help up it a wee bit. And etc. Good luck!

- H

ha, first 4 heroic dungeons I did I got most of my tank loots. lucky me
    Me War Armory
    Me Pally Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy View Post
    "The adventures of Ginger McAwesomemage"

I see plate-gear drop all the time. Infact, thats the only thing ive seen drop since ive started doing HCs, except one or two cloth pieces, so stop your whining.

Quote Originally Posted by mmozz View Post
    Blizzard didn't 'fail terribly'.

You did for getting into this game during Wrath of the Casuals.

TLDR: urbadl2p.srs.
    this.... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nakkí View Post
    Son,

when raiders where raiders and no one qq about casuals ? when the game truly where a challenge? yeah sorry we wont get that back.. scrub

all i hear is QQQQ op, i've been playing wow since beta. got cata, lvled to 85 in 3 days, got normal dungeon gear, now 12 days after the xpac came out i'm one of the best geared tanks on my server and i haven't even done a raid other than bh yet. yes heroics are hard, so get gear. and please don't q up as dps with part tank gear and part dps gear, your 4k dps doesn't help the group, it hurts it.

Deleted
    This...What?!
    I'm not even going to comment OP, cause if i do, then I'd probably get hit by the banhammer...jeez