Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Gilneas Quests After Starting Zone?

I have searched Google for this, but all I've found is that Worgen were 'shafted like the Draenei were' so I guessed that meant that other than their one town (that one in Badlands) they have NO quests other than their starting zone, and were completely forgotten about? I know the Forsaken have some epic quests attacking Gilneas, but do the Worgen have any fighting back or anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    The worgen storyline doesn't continue after Gilneas for Alliance players, no. There are a few worgen quest hubs besides Gilneas, but none continue that story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    The worgen storyline doesn't continue after Gilneas for Alliance players, no. There are a few worgen quest hubs besides Gilneas, but none continue that story.
    And that, friends, is bullcrap.

Shadow fang keep wraps everything up?...You kill godfrey...He turned on you....what else is there to continue?

Look at goblins, after thier starting zone they get azhara, before a neutral zone and now a horde zone designed for goblins after the starting zone, while worgens(ally) get the shaft as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NickIsRidic View Post
    Shadow fang keep wraps everything up?...You kill godfrey...He turned on you....what else is there to continue?
    Taking Gilneas back from the Forsaken, maybe? As far as Alliance players know (without doing or reading the Horde side), the worgen abandon Gilneas and never return.

10+ Year Old Account
    if u want to see the end of ur story

roll a forsaken

YEA FUCK!

Does everyone forget that Gilneas is a battleground? There is your reason why we don't see much lore. Our forces are working to regain Gilneas. Worgens don't have much lore that we haven't already known. We know where they come from. We know about Gilnean Druids. What exactly needs to be explained?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    Does everyone forget that Gilneas is a battleground? There is your reason why we don't see much lore. Our forces are working to regain Gilneas. Worgens don't have much lore that we haven't already known. We know where they come from. We know about Gilnean Druids. What exactly needs to be explained?
    a nice continuation of the story line like every other race (minus draenei) get to experience.

After the Gilneas chain, the worgen and forsaken still have to fight huge battles, the worgen led by Crowley and the forsaken by Sylvanas. The battleground ''Battle for Gilneas'' represents the ungoing war. Unfortunately there are no worgen quests involving Gilneas as far as I know, maybe in future patches?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NickIsRidic View Post
    I'm not sure Worgen players ever find out what happened to Godfrey. Last time I saw him he jumped off a cliff.
    It seems that if you want to find out, roll Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    Battlegrounds don't count. Battlegrounds have always been odd spots in the lore. You find me a source that conclusively says who won in Alterac Valley, Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, the Eye of the Storm, Strand of the Ancients, and the Isle of Conquest, and I'll eat my own beard.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Thealmightyf View Post
    they have NO quests other than their starting zone, and were completely forgotten about? I know the Forsaken have some epic quests attacking Gilneas, but do the Worgen have any fighting back or anything?
    I was just questing in Duskwood yesterday and there are some Worgen related quests there. There are a couple of quest chains where people who are afflicted are trying to come to grips with their curse (they were different quest chains before Cata but Blizzard has converted them to be about Worgen).

Clearly, the Worgen are waiting for the GLF to join forces with Danath Trollbane. Then they can retake Stromgarde and hem Tarren Mill in from both sides. Bwahahaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ent0mbed View Post
    I was just questing in Duskwood yesterday and there are some Worgen related quests there. There are a couple of quest chains where people who are afflicted are trying to come to grips with their curse (they were different quest chains before Cata but Blizzard has converted them to be about Worgen).
    I saw a few of those same quests, among which were incapacitating the "Lurking Worgen"/trying to "cure" him and then him turning on Jitters to blame him for being infected. I've been playing a Worgen alt (Worgen druid) off and on since Cata's release, though admittedly I haven't done EVERYTHING in Darkshore and/or Duskwood - I just ran into those quests because one contained a much-needed upgrade for my wrists.

The entire purpose (supposedly, not having been in it as of yet) for the "Battle for Gilneas" battleground was to embody the struggle of the Worgen (and the Alliance) to take back Gilneas from the invading Forsaken forces representing the Horde. Obviously, because it's been designated a battleground and not a permanently conquerable piece of territory you won't find a clearly defined, permanent winner of the Gilnean lands. Go figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Laina View Post
    I'm not sure Worgen players ever find out what happened to Godfrey. Last time I saw him he jumped off a cliff.
    It seems that if you want to find out, roll Horde.
    That's the major problem I have really. After all, Alliance players see Ivar Bloodfang in Shadowfang Keep, but have no idea who he is or what purpose he serves. You have to roll a Horde to find that out. We never see the insurgency against the Forsaken, or the survivors of Southshore turned into Worgen. Worgen players see NONE of that. It is patently absurd that the newest playable race doesn't get to experience half of its own story.

It is plainly obvious that Blizzard should have done something to make Silverpine into a contested zone. I know that obviously Silverpine is a bit small to make into two zones, but considering the change going into the world, would it be inconceivable to make Silverpine larger? The Gilneas of today bears no resemblance whatsoever to that small slice of land we see on the map pre-Cataclysm, so why not do the same to Silverpine? That is always a zone I've seen as a missed opportunity, because it is absolutely begging for an Alliance perspective. Could you imagine Alliance players being sent in not only to help the GLF, but also the stragglers from Dalaran? Maybe hear some quest givers talk trash about Rhonin for abandoning them and turning Dalaran neutral, and perhaps find out exactly why they are still there?

Listen, I completely understand where Horde players are coming from, that Horde can't afford to lose one of the only exclusive zones they had. That's why Silverpine should have been made larger, so Forsaken players could have maintained total control of the top half, and turn the bottom half into a contested zone, similar to what they did with the Barrens. I think most would agree the Barrens changed for the better, because it really causes the two sides to hate one another. Silverpine easily could have matched that. Instead, it's a one-sided story that ends abruptly (and I somewhat doubt will ever see a resolution in-game). I just don't want to see the Worgen go they way of the Draenei, because they are infinitely more interesting, and don't deserve to be abandoned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angeleg View Post
    Look at goblins, after thier starting zone they get azhara, before a neutral zone and now a horde zone designed for goblins after the starting zone, while worgens(ally) get the shaft as usual.
    Don't forget the large area in ogri that is actually useful, you have NO need to ever go to the stupid worgen tree in darn.

Everybody knows that blizzard have favoured horde in this expac, even some of the quests are better on the horde side.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    It is plainly obvious that Blizzard should have done something to make Silverpine into a contested zone. I know that obviously Silverpine is a bit small to make into two zones, but considering the change going into the world, would it be inconceivable to make Silverpine larger? The Gilneas of today bears no resemblance whatsoever to that small slice of land we see on the map pre-Cataclysm, so why not do the same to Silverpine? That is always a zone I've seen as a missed opportunity, because it is absolutely begging for an Alliance perspective. Could you imagine Alliance players being sent in not only to help the GLF, but also the stragglers from Dalaran? Maybe hear some quest givers talk trash about Rhonin for abandoning them and turning Dalaran neutral, and perhaps find out exactly why they are still there?
    Theres a lot that could have been done. AFAIR, the original plan was for the Worgen and Forsaken to levelup alongside each other with their war forming a backdrop to the stories of both sides. The downside? Silverpine would be contested...Hillsbrad would remain contested.

From my pov....thats not a big deal. The priority on evening out the zones numbers was a mistake - because ultimately, its not the number of zones that matters, but the levelling experience. And besides...if the Horde lose out there, the Alliance can lose out elsewhere - think the Horde allying with the Dragonmaw and getting a base in the Wetlands. Or pushing into Darkshire from Stonard. Or the dancing trolls actually succeeding, to a degree, in Darkshore.

At worst, Gilneas/Silverpine could have been developed into two zones...or the story continued in Gilneas itself at L80.

I just don't want to see the Worgen go they way of the Draenei, because they are infinitely more interesting, and don't deserve to be abandoned.
    AFAICS...thats the case right now. The Worgen got a few questgivers outside Gilneas, but thats really about all they got.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    if u want to see the end of ur story

roll a forsaken

YEA FUCK!
    an entire faction shouldn't have to roll another race to see what the fuck happened to their home city. a situation similar to what they did for the Lich King in Dalaran would be much appreciated.

There is some Worgen content in Duskwood.