Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Part 3 of 6 - The Shattered Empire ( The events of patch X.1 )

With the death of the Spider Queen in Northrend, the Newbreed and their allies retreated entirely from Azjol-Nerub, traveling through an ancient aqir-constructed waygate located deep in the underworld. Ever one to explore the most dangerous reaches of Azeroth, Brann Bronzebeard braved the dangers of the anciene nerubian cities and activated the waygate, flinging himself mystically across vast distances.

The Doorward forces that followed after Brann discovered that the waygate led to the ancient birth-place of all the insect races of Azeroth - the long lost land of Azj'Aqir, empire of the aqir.

In the ruins of the once mighty empire, Brann and his allies discovered the history of the aqir - when their empire collapsed in ancient times, legions of aqir had been sent to the four corners of the world to establish new kingdoms. In the north, the nerubians founded Azjol-Nerub. In the west was forged Ahn'Qiraj, kingdom of the qiraji. The empire of the mantid was raised to the south.

A fourth legion of aqir was sent to the east, but the waygate transporting them failed - the aqir became lost between dimensions, cast into a plane of infinite nothingness known as the Deep Void. Their bodies perished, but their spirits endured, writhing with hatred for the world that had cast them out.

For millennia, the aqir spirits in the Deep Void waited for an opportunity to return to Azeroth. The Cataclysm weakened the barriers separating the material world from the Deep Void, and now the aqir there work their influence upon their descendants, manipulating the nerubians and their allies to bring about the aqir's return.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    So GoldenYak you deciding to make a Cave Ogre, or a Shadow Troll for the deep dark depths?

Also like I said, this expansion idea is awesome. :P
    Thanks! I've got sort've an ogre-esque race - the morlogg, a creature that is to vrykul what troggs are to dwarves.
    http://wowpedia.org/File:Morlogg.jpg

For trolls, I thought up a race of deep cave dwelling 'undertrolls' that live in the underground jungles Azj'Aqir. Never got around to sketching them, but they're very ape-like - imagine a cross between your standard troll and a dire troll, or a troll and a hozen. Still very intelligent, and they love their loas too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Merry Holi-times, et al. Still gonna wrap this shit uuup...

Part 4 / 6 - Malevolence Rising ( The events of patch X.2 )

The pawns of the aqir have paved the way for their triumphant return to Azeroth. The nerubian Newbreed, imbued with the blood of the aqir emperor Valthraxx, are the perfect vessels for the aqir spirits trapped in the Deep Void. As more and more aqir are called forth to inhabit their new flesh, the barrier keeping the Deep Void from spilling into Azeroth weakens.

The Twilight Cult under the leadership of Xarosan have allied themselves with the aqir. For the aqir and the forces of Twilight are both followers of the Old Gods, and one of the malefic beings dwells in the infinite darkness of the Deep Void. The aqir spirits there are in thrall to this entity, the Old God of Silence, She Who Must Not Be Named - the Unspoken.

When the walls of the Deep Void fall and the aqir erupt back into the world, their god will rise with them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    this entity, the Old God of Silence, She Who Must Not Be Named - the Unspoken.
    Is the entity the same type of Old God as the others like Yogg-saron and Y'shaarj?

Oh my god this is truly amazing! You have done a really good job on this idea, why aren't you working for Blizzard?
    Keep going, i'm really interested to see where the story takes us.

Don't like spiders though..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Is the entity the same type of Old God as the others like Yogg-saron and Y'shaarj?
    Yes. Although unlike the others, she never fought the Titans and was not imprisoned by them.

Quote Originally Posted by eskilfm View Post
    Oh my god this is truly amazing! You have done a really good job on this idea, why aren't you working for Blizzard?
    Keep going, i'm really interested to see where the story takes us.

Don't like spiders though..
    Thank you. I'm wrapping up the final chapter of the story now. I hope that people can see the potential of an underworld-themed expansion.

And remember, spiders are more scared of you than you are of them.

Except for that one.

That one will kill you.

I hate spiders, I always feel like smashing them or light them on fire, preferably. But dude, Why arnt you working for Blizzard ??? Apply for a job with this as your "Project" !!!! Seriously dude, you should try !
    MOAR CHOCOLATE

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people determined to keep resurrecting this bad idea? There are already enough bad ideas on page 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Why are people determined to keep resurrecting this bad idea? There are already enough bad ideas on page 1.

Care explaining why it is 'bad'? Beyond just saying it is and thinking it is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Part 5 / 6 - The King of Darkness ( The events of patch X.3 )

The time has come. The aqir have created a fortress in the darkness of Azeroth's underworld, a beachead in their campaign to escape the Deep Void and conquer the world once again. Forged of the undying flesh of the Old God Yogg-Saron, this fortress contains a rift to the Deep Void at its heart, where the aqir and their patron Goddess will make their entry into Azeroth.

Only one final task remains before the victory of the Unspoken is assured. The creation of the ultimate champion of the Old Gods, a warrior who will crack open the last of the barriers on the Deep Void and allow its horrors to overwhelm the world.

The King of Darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by obscurede View Post
    I hate spiders, I always feel like smashing them or light them on fire, preferably.
    Almost everybody hates spiders! That's why fighting huge amounts of spider monsters would be so cathartic.

But dude, Why arnt you working for Blizzard ??? Apply for a job with this as your "Project" !!!! Seriously dude, you should try !
    Perhaps later.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Well, I keep doing it because I'm gonna put a capstone this fucking thing if it kills me (two updates left!) As for why other people do it... hell if I know. Maybe they're interested by it, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Care explaining why it is 'bad'? Beyond just saying it is and thinking it is?
    Don't anger him, he'll snap your neck!

10+ Year Old Account

Well anyway regardless I love your work and I always wanted to see into the underground of Azeroth, because I loved those underground missions and seeing what could live underground and what not.

Something like this would be awesome to see, and more into the back story for the Aqir.

For the Horde!

good job on your concept.

This whole Arthas stuff...

Damn, I'd like to be a billionaire, buy Blizzard, hire you and make this expansion

Could you just either
    - get a sticky so I don't need to see this thread bump up every week or so (bumped by you btw)
    - make an official thread on the Blizzard forums, you could even link this thread in that post, so the actual people who you want to show this to will notice it?
    - consolidate this thread into a new thread = make one huge post with all your pictures ideas instead of having it scattered in this 43 page thread, which is too huge to read.

That said, I do like a lot of your ideas and artwork. I am sure a spiderkingdom-like concept such as yours could see the light of day (with some adjustments). But I am pretty tired of seeing this thread get bumped (even after the 5 day necrobumping rule, which mods apparantly don't care much about in your case).

You could say: then don't click it. Dude I don't click it. I haven't clicked your thread for months. Altho I clicked it 2 or 3 times before that to see what your thread was about. Now I am just tired seeing it pop up every week. I know I may come off harshly... But remember that I did just say that I want your thread stickied as it is a good piece of work. I just don't want to see it pop up. And since mods neglect the 5 day necrorule.... We will all be happy if you get a sticky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/230/d/f/Animation_test_by_Soya_Sushi.gif
    *snicker* nice.

Well anyway regardless I love your work and I always wanted to see into the underground of Azeroth, because I loved those underground missions and seeing what could live underground and what not.
    http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.c...aln_qiraji.jpg
    Something like this would be awesome to see, and more into the back story for the Aqir.
    http://i.imgur.com/IyTUS.png
    Thanks. I'd forgotten about that nerubian beast model that never got used for anything, but that old qiraji artwork was a major inspiration for the aqir - my aqir wraith designs drew heavily upon elements of that. It's another creature I'd love to see in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by metasine View Post
    good job on your concept.
    Thankyew.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Could you just either~
    Never occured to me to ask for a sticky, I do have a thread on the Blizz forums, and the OP has all of the stuff from the thread consolidated in one post, either as images or links. I never bump it unless I have something substantive to add like an article or piece of artwork to add to the overall thread - mostly it's a poster who wants to comment (which I always welcome and try to respond to).

As I've mentioned, I have one more piece I want to post and then I'm officially done with updating this concept forever. I appreciate every comment and PM and e-mail that I've gotten, and the total number of complaints of any kind remains in the single digits. Not trying to bug anyone, but I've put a lot into this concept so far, and I'm going to push ahead and cap it properly. I hope I'll be indulged just a smidge longer!

This post wrap ups 'The Story So Far'. Next post will be Patch X.3, the last of the content.
    Part 6 / 6 - Prophecy of the Unspoken ( The events of patch X.3 )

The prophecy of the Unspoken has come to pass.

At the prophecy's dawn, even death shall die
    The Usurpers' eye will turn from the world
    There will come a Shattering, heralding their return
    The Usurpers' protection shall fail, rotten from within
    The Vessel shall be made ready, tempered twofold by death
    The Conduit will be brought forth, forged of the black blood of death
    From a thousand faces, one will be chosen
    Death will rise
    Silence will fall
    All shall be extinguished

The King of Darkness has been crowned, and he is Death. The fiend of a thousand faces now wears one - the shell of Arthas Menethil, tempered by the power of the Lich King, the only fit mortal vessel for an Old God to inhabit.

Yogg-Saron, the Old God of Death, is now the King of Darkness. He will bring forth the final silence.

For how could the greatest champion of the Old Gods be any other than one of their own?

Well if any thread merits a sticky it is yours. Not only does your thread have 200K views, it has 43 pages. Since the mods won't close your thread on the basis of necroing, they should make your thread a sticky.

OH JESUS THAT FINAL FACE! That is absolutely horrifying. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said- the final thingy. 'ere we go:

Spider Kingdom Patch X.3 - The King of Darkness

The nerubians and their shadowy ancestors, the aqir, have unleashed their ultimate weapon - the King of Darkness, champion of the Old Gods. This unholy creation is the lynchpin of the aqir's millennia-spanning scheme. With the physical body of Arthas Menethil, the fallen Lich King, animated by the undying essence of Yogg-Saron, the Old God of Death, the King of Darkness has all the power needed to shatter the kingdoms of the surface world, and plunge all of Azeroth back into the darkness of the Old Gods forever.

Overview
    *The Path of War marches on. Players can now unlock level 95 Elite status, awarding new bonuses to further empower their characters.
    *New high level quest-chains unlocked throughout Northrend and the Underworld. Battle the forces of the Azj'Aqir Resurgence. Explore the secrets of the universe hidden in Algalon's Observatory on the moon. Thwart the Infinite Dragonflight and their vile scheme to unravel time itself. Topple the King of Darkness, the ultimate champion of the Old Gods. Stop the Unspoken, the goddess of the Spider Kingdom, from returning to Azeroth to wreak havoc.
    *New zone unlocked - the Lunar Vale. Explore Azeroth's moon and the secrets it holds.

*Three new level 95 Elite dungeons have been found:

Malykriss, the Vile Hold
    Algalon's Observatory
    Burning Nexus

* Three new level 95 Elite raids have been unlocked:

Caverns of Time: March of the Titans
    The Shattered Sanctums
    The Undying God

Alright! That's it. That's the last of the Spider Kingdom content. And that's pretty much it for this fan concept - there's a ton of stuff here and I won't be adding any more. I might add a bit and bob to the WoWpedia page every now and then, but I won't bother to bump this thread again. Thanks for reading, thanks to everyone who commented, PM'd, and e-mailed me with kind words and praise. It was lots of fun. I hope I made a lot of people consider how much fun an underworld-style WoW expansion could be - consider pestering Blizzard to do one in future. I won't ever do a fan-work quite this comprehensive again, but I remain a WoW fan and will continue to produce WoW fanart of some sort or another. I guess this thread could even be locked, anyone who wants to comment in future can just PM me or whatever. Up to the mods.

Alright, thread over. I'll leave off with this thought - it's probably just an urban myth that you swallow 8 spiders in your sleep over the course of your life.

Probably.

>8<

I like this, it's not the average half-retard suggestions about classes, abilities or new zones.

I hope that blizzard got this and you in their radar

You poor insane brilliant bastard

I like this idea, but I don't think that we'll ever be going to Northrend again, and this "Arthas body" thing is kinda senseless, his power were from Frostmourne and Helm of Domination, without them he's just a Death Knight.