Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 11 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ran the Ravenlord for 87 runs (not to bad right) so I finally get it, then the day they make it so you dont need the moonstone to summon Anzu, a guildy decides to go and gets it the first run, I Nerd raged.. Q_Q

Current count on Rivendare Deathcharger around 187 over all my alts only 50 on my current main.

Swift White Hawkstrider, 20 runs no story.

Blue Proto-Drake, Won with a roll of 11. unbelieavable.

Green Proto-Drake, got it after maybe 30 weeks or so.

not much funny stories.

I got Anzu after about three months of farming, but on my first Priest I got the Blue Proto-Drake drop and won it in Utgarde Pinnacle. The next day we went back with the same group and were making jokes about it dropping again. We only had 4 of the 5 people from the group the day before, so we found a random Paladin to join us. He got his achievement for getting an emblem from the first boss, so first heroic ever. It dropped again. He won.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I was always talking about how the only drake I ever wanted was the blue proto drake, and the day it dropped and I won it I was like DD

I also remember the first couple minutes during the Hallow's End event, I did the dungeon and I opened my FIRST bag, after the first kill...bam, mount, and the EXACT same thing happened for the brewfest mount, only it took three times. I also won the pet and sythe thing from the Summer Event in the exact same bag. All of this on the exact same toon, I NEVER won/found had a drop on any other character...luck I guess lol.

Got the Green Proto-drake on my 1st AND 3rd eggs.
    Rolled a 100 to win the Twilight Drake on my 2nd Sarth 3D 25 PUG.
    Won a Brewfest Ram before the "bag" system was implemented.

CONVERSELY...
    100+ runs of H-UP and have never even SEEN the Blue Protodrake drop.
    No Polar Bear after doing that daily who-knows-how-many-times.
    Umpteen kills on Vyragosa but have never even seen TLPD's corpse

RNG is RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main is unlucky farmed mounts for so long with group everytime i was last to get mount group decides to disband when 9 other ppl got mount.

Went into stratholme to get my ¨Classic Dungeonmaster¨ achievement and bam! There it was, Rivendare's Deathcharge. Didn't even know that it dropped in there.

got some rare mount on my priest that i've farmed like baron rivendare, white polar bear and the headless horseman but i've been lucky on 2 others, the time-lost proto-drake and the phosphorescent stone drake which i got by doing my dailies around.

A mage in my guild got Anzu on his first run then went Magisters Terrace and got the minipet on his normal run (to get attuned) and the White Hawkstrider on his first heroic clear, two 1% mounts on the first try in the same day.

67 eggs for green-proto drake
    One Halloween on first kill ever for me the headless mount dropped and I won
    I rolled a 100 on the 3seater from VoA but it got ninja'd... "*Loots* o shit let me trade you*opens trade/dced*" logs back on next day and im on ignore list...
    Ive seen every mount drop except invincible if that counts for anything...
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Fake and Gay
    They never said it was real and heterosexual.

Deleted
    in cata i decide to lvlup my arheology and timeless dragon found me

best heppened in all my wow life

never took alar or some rare like that but i have more than 100 mounts

15+ Year Old Account
    My only rare mount is midnight/fiery warhorse from kara. The night I got it was the third for the guild, however we were running two 10-man groups that night and both groups saw it drop. Was pretty cool that it dropped for both our groups on the same night within minutes of each other. Its my ground mount of choice and I only occasional use others.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    I was on my paladin farming for my tiger. It was run 10000 orso (yes, I'm exaggerating) and my hopes were low as always. I killed the tiger boss with the same ease, but on 2%ish my computer crashed. Paniced, I asked my brother to log on my paladin and finish the fight. He logged on it, the boss had already died from dots/autoattack. He looted it and voila, my tiger. I was so happy and still use it all the time (even though you can fly everywhere).

day before cata is released, figure id do the polar bear daily, since come cata I probably wouldnt want to go back... and it just so happens that that was the day it decided to drop for me.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    funny storie got my mount from stratholme on my 767th kill
    link to pove it
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nce-Spam/page2
    faction changed and now it feels like it was al a waste :P hahah

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberdawn View Post
    My longest mount run was for the Raven Lord, took me 70 runs to get it - but was so worth it. Nearly had a heart attack when it dropped

Other than that, my characters have had...
    Razzashi Raptor in 4 runs
    Swift White Hawkstrider in 2 runs (on my shaman - my rogue's done about 50 and hasn't seen it drop)
    Rivendare's Deathcharger in 2 runs
    White Polar Bear in 2nd bag
    Blue Proto Drake on ~5th run

I think I've been fairly fortunate overall!
    i despise you to your very core.

it took me over 50 runs for the swift white hawkstrider and i haven't received any of the other mounts you mentioned yet and have tried well over 50 times.

my husband and i would run ZG at least once a week in early WotLK after we hit 80, because the mount he most wanted was the tiger and i really wanted a raptor. no luck formonths.

around when ulduar released, my husband deployed for six months. my first run solo after he left... the tiger dropped. i felt so bad i didn't even tell him about it until he came home, and saw me sitting on it in dal. we ran it religiously every three days after that, and never saw another mount. i think he's still pissed at me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have terrible luck with drops. I ran Strat about 300 times on my DK. I was tanking a strat run with my bear druid, we get to Baron, (Well, Aurius now) And I figure the mount would never drop. We kill him, and the friggin thing drops. Worse part, My druid now has it. x.x

Ok here's a nice story of
    I had been running every ZG reset since mid tbc for the two damn mounts.
    EVERY RESET UNTILL CATA.
    no drops.

Needless to say I was pretty pissed off when they removed it and I was left with not even a drop of either mounts.

A couple days into cataclysm me and some irl friends hit 85 and decided, let's run TK every week and see if the mount drops.
    So we did.

FIRST run in TK on my new main guess what happens : Ashes of Al'ar dropped.
    Grouploot was on , we all rolled need and guess what: I rolled 99.

THANK YOU KARMA

About a month or so before 4.0 hit I decided to start soloing mount places on my hunter. In one month I got Barons (3rd kill) Tiger (5th or so kill) Raven Lord (8th kill). Then from raids that same month I got the wolf from Insanity and Mimiron's Head from Yogg'Saron! Good month!

After I heard about _npcscan I installed it without clearing the cache first. It turned out that I had Time-Lost Proto-Drake in my cache.

I then installed the addon on my second computer. It was in that cache, too.

I then installed the addon on my work computer. It was also in that cache.

Ugh.