Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 5 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've gotten rare mounts from every way possible. I ninja'd the white hawkstrider from a group in H MgT by Master Looting right before the boss died. I've paid for the mounts from 10m 3d, ZA and 10m Uld Hmodes. I've also farmed ZG, strat and H UP many times to get those. The point is you have to do anything and everything possible to get the rare mounts. Never give up, never surrender...and if that doesn't work...lie, cheat and steal.

Quote Originally Posted by FROST SHAWK View Post
    I've gotten rare mounts from every way possible. I ninja'd the white hawkstrider from a group in H MgT by Master Looting right before the boss died. I've paid for the mounts from 10m 3d, ZA and 10m Uld Hmodes. I've also farmed ZG, strat and H UP many times to get those. The point is you have to do anything and everything possible to get the rare mounts. Never give up, never surrender...and if that doesn't work...lie, cheat and steal.
    i lol'd, at least you got what you wanted though, right? :P

i dont have any rare mounts.. none ever drop for me in heroics or raids (or i lose the roll like in OS 3D) and i camped tlpd for awhile and gave up, ive started camping for the phosphorescent stone drake when im not doing anything and we'll see how that turns out...

Me and my friend helped me get my epic flying being a druid and all were going to use it to try for the raven lord after like 30 try we gave up for a bit came back after a month since my friend was about to leave wow and well raven lord drops right there and he just gives it to me. Was a very happy day my ground mount always

Was thinking of farming the mount for the phosporescent stone drake, so i installed the addon NPCscan... log on but cant hear anything so i restart my computer. When I get back on not 1 min after logging on the addon screams at me and tells me Aeonaxx is near. I turn around and there he was... my blood starts pumping and i jump on him. :P the battle... let me tell you was kinda hard, being a level 82 and a mage.. almost died once haha then i got the hang of it and killed the whelps. / won the fight got my pretty drake.

Deleted
    I will steal your list thingie r0cki...! ^.^

Raven Lord: So far, no luck
    White Hawkstrider: 16 tries on my paladin (main)
    Deathcharger: Ehhh....too many :P
    Blue Proto (Utgarde):it's blargh, no luck here either.
    ZG: I'v egot them both, I have no idea how many runs it took thought.
    Green Proto: 53 tries *nod*
    Polar Bear: I was boored one day, I did the dailie and whoops. Polar bear!
    Time-Lost:I canped the place for 2 weeks, I saw the dragon once..killed :/

OT, random lucky event just because:
    I just want to share an lucky event with you thought....I farm MC every week for Thuderfury and Sulfuras, about a month ago I did a regular run on a Wednesday, but it turned out to be one of the luckiest runs ever. First it started off kinda unlucky, the right binding didn't drop so I thought like "better luck next time", then I come to Baron Geddon, and the left binding dropped!..I was really really happy, I thought the day couldn't turn out to be better. But it could, later that day, at Raggy...The Eye of Sulfuras also dropped. I didn't believe it at first but, blargh..^^

Note: i still farm for the right binding thought..!

I had been farming ZG solo for months for the Raptor (had my Tiger already) and a guildie was bored and came along. I told him if it drops I'm getting it no discussion and he said no probs. So of course what do you know it drops so I take it.

He's still mad about it. What a beta.

I have the worst luck of any person who was going for Mountain of Mount achievment. But after that I received my Red Dragonhawk I all of a sudden started getting the rares I'd been farming before I got the achievment.
    1/287 on Strat, 1/43 on Raven Lord, 1/61 MgT, 1/32 on Green Dragon, 1/1 on Black Dragon, 1/1 Blue Dragon 1/4500 or so on Turtle. And yet even after 2 years of farming ZG every 3 days I've yet to see any of the mounts drop. And have also gotten the drakes from Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle since cataclysm release. Also got pseduAQbug on my first ever Tol'Vir finding. Fossilized Raptor is the one I'm currently working on if I would actually would get any Fossil digsites, just keep getting NE or Troll in Kalimdor.

when i was in TK some weeks back it was to get my mates quest done so we gathered like 10 people. (mostly guildies) and then the mount dropped and a rogue got it. he didnt even have the skill to use it then. and since cata came out he havent logged one one time. (yes i keep looking for him)
    thats the only rare mount ive lost ever! cuz i mostly solo stuff

I once dropped mining, and leveled tailoring to make the 3 magic carpets for the final mounts I needed for the Mountain of Mounts achievement and mount, I still have those mounts but sadly they can't be used once you drop tailoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher3816 View Post
    Flying around storm peaks herbing waiting for av to pop...and as soon as im done with the bg i fly right into the time lost drake without even looking for him .
    Lucky, I never farm mounts...just thought I'd try looking for TLPD in its regular spawn...next thing I know theres A HUGE drake in front of me and I'm like weeee! ..................it was the shared spawn.

When the Maly 25 mount was unique to Maly 25 (the Azure Drake), and Maly was new content, I saw the mount drop in a raid. We all did /roll and I rolled a 100 for the mount. It is my proudest mount, because I've only seen 1 other person with it on server. I was sad when they made it drop from 10man, and happy when they put it back to 25 only.

Deleted
    I've seen quite a few rare mounts drop! I've got the tiger from ZG, probably in my 20-25th run, Baron mount on my second kill and Raven Lord from Anzu also where i just went randomly to try it out and i got it Also got blue drake on 2 chars and blue proto drake on another! Could say i had lots of luck, didn't even have to try hard for any of those!

Mainly guildies, then a healer. Anyways, I NEVER see mounts drop, so going into Pinnacle was like eh, I won't be seeing it. We down the boss, the guy with potentially THE most luck on rolls/loot drops ever gets it...of course. he rolls like a 98...I roll a 5. Won't be seeing that mount again...>.>

Even better, he's a druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Those motherfuckers have lasers for all we know.

ToC times. We finish Anub HC quickly and I suggest to my guild let's go and try to get yogg saron 0.They alla gree since they have been working on it for a while.Oh btw I was a trial and it was my first week there.Anyhow 4-5 hours into it wiping we get it at 30k I was dead I ankh and pop elemental and flame shock I died it has about 7 hp left as it's going to despawn the flame shock ticks and it dies. Vent goes crazy we get realm first achievment(very empty realm indeed)THey go back and we start rolling on the mount. there was a 91 roll and we though it would be over.Me and this officer roll together he rolls 94 and people start gzing him I roll 94 and they go lol etc.Anyway we reroll I roll a 78 he rolls a 21 and he directly goes offline.People start asking me to sell it to them I say no and so on. I use it have fun around I couldn't believe my luck.The officer never came back online and I left the guild after we killed LK HC .
    Pew pew

Deleted
    After duo farming Zul'Gurub with a friend for nearly the entire Burning Crusade, i proceeded to solo farm it during WoTLK. I did it as good as every 3days during both expansions.
    At some point i lost motivation (honestly.. it only takes 15 minutes so why would that even happen? Well.. it did.) but because the raptor dropped for my RL-friend, i decided to give it another go.

I go to the raptor boss, i kill him, loot him... and at first i was like.. ''sigh that bow again''.. but it WAS actually the mount this time.
    I proceed to the tiger boss.. (OH NO IT DIDNT....

OH YES IT DID!)

So i kill the tiger boss and he drops his mount aswell. I was a happy beaver.

Don't believe it? Check the dates!

I believe the chance this happens is less then winning the lottery.. Too bad it wasnt the lottery ;(

Swift Zulian Tiger achievement
    Swift Razzashi Raptor achievement

---------- Post added 2010-12-25 at 08:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shampox View Post
    Mainly guildies, then a healer. Anyways, I NEVER see mounts drop, so going into Pinnacle was like eh, I won't be seeing it. We down the boss, the guy with potentially THE most luck on rolls/loot drops ever gets it...of course. he rolls like a 98...I roll a 5. Won't be seeing that mount again...>.>

Even better, he's a druid.
    What does the fact that he's a druid have to do with it? I never use flightform, apart from when doing dailies (at least.. when you could fly in daily quest hubs.. /sigh tol barad..) or generally questing. Other then that i take the 1,5s and actually mount one of my fancy drakes.

I have farmed the deathcharger for so long, but then my friend walks in and gets it on first try, then my other friend walks in and gets it on first try......then my friend who already got it walks in and gets it again.......fml

I was herbing on my druid In the Storm Peaks , something I rarely do but I needed to make flasks (I ran out of the like 500 I had). I've known about the Time-lost Proto drake and I went looking for it in my spare time for a while but stopped. Well while I went out herbing I had a feeling that the mob would spawn, I even told my friend that I thought it was going to spawn. Well wouldnt you know it spawned! I was sooo happy. Sadly though, my druid is no longer my main so I dont really touch my druid so the mount just sits there and my new main, my pally, doesnt have ANY "rare" mounts (He has the 10 man OS 3d mount and the red protodrake and things like that, but no mount you don't see everyday) and it saddens me inside ._.
    Last edited by PSG32095; 2010-12-25 at 08:40 AM. Reason: some typos that I saw

brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to Strat to try and get the Baron mount one day because I was sick of my normal Hawkstrider (freshly dinged 80 Mage), and on my first run (haven't even gotten the key yet for the shortcut) my friend was just giving me a bunch of shit how it'll never drop for me and that I should just give up and that others have done it thousands of times without it dropping ever, etc.

Dropped on that run. He pissed shit, pretty much. So did I.
    MSN: thesaddestpanda@hotmail.com
    XBL GT: ReverendGodless (with an i)

Alliance/Spinebreaker

well... I kinda got alot:
    Green Proto on 9th egg
    Time lost Proto while doing dalies
    ZG tiger solo
    White hawk farm with buddies
    Ram/Kodo if that counts

Still gridning anzu everyday... nothing yet

I finally got my polar bear mount after half a year of doing the daily. A friend asks me where I got it. Turns out he never heard of the daily. He got it on his first try.