Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 95 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hello,

I don't post very often. But when I saw this thread, I had to.

A while back I had a tonsilectomy. So I was at home recovering. I felt a bit bored and logged on.
    A friend was farming the Onyxia mount on 6 alts.
    I felt like doing Onyxia, because I still needed Quel'Serrar for my collection. Sure enough I went over there and the mount dropped. After some nerdrage from my friend who had over 70kills accountwide since WoTLK, we felt like going to TK.
    We both went solo, because it's easier to deal with the mindcontrol. I was joking about how Ashes of A'lar should drop for me.
    Please note, that even tho we were on skype the entire time, I had a sore throat from the operation and could hardly talk.
    Anyway, Ashes dropped.... And I screamed, man did that hurt. But it was worth it.
    My friend is still farming TK and Onyxia to this day 5 times / week.

This was by far one of the luckiest days of my ingame life.

On a side note:
    My first Elegon heroic kill gave the drake as drop. Tho I didn't win.
    And this weeks Horridon kill allso gave the mount as a drop.

Come to think of it, I've seen quite a few rare mounts drop.

I think it was right before the Cata patch dropped and it was the last night before the Mimiron head mount drop was going to plummet into 0.0001% oblivion.

My 25 man raid team had gone back in there to try and pick one more up before the patch and by pure chance I log on (it was an off-raid night) and get a tell, "Hey Nej we're at Yogg, come join us for another zero lights kill!" Get summoned in - kill him and then pick up the mount with a glorious 100 roll. Also, I'm a druid with flight form :P
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

First up tlpd: Was leveling in storm peaks on palla and then my npc scan spotted tlpd, was screaming like a [man ofc] killed him and looted
    2nd: Al'ar Was soloing tk for warlock tokens and then i found al'ar!? was screaming like a [man ofc]
    3rd: Was bored so i decided to solo vault of arch, got grand mammoth on first boss ¤_¤
    4th: Was bored so i decided to solo an'qiraj, got the red tank from thrash at the entrance or something¤_¤
    Im farming onyxia and malygos right now so expect another mount here

The rng favors me ¤_¤
    Last edited by Baker Cat; 2013-04-24 at 06:22 AM.

Got the mount from onyxia on my second solo kill in MoP 10 man version. Never really wanted it but was just bored and its always good to find something rare.
    On the other hand got 85 kills on Kael'thas across all my chars and never saw a single mount drop.

Deleted
    We are crossing the 150 kils on LK 25m hc yet to see a mount dropp :/

I farm certain instances/raids on my 3x 90s.

Last week, I got the following rare mounts:

1. Swift White Hawkstrider
    2. Reins of the Raven Lord
    3. Ashes of Al'ar

It was a good week.

I was in Vent with a few buddies that were lingering around after raid and they knew I was farming TK for Ashes. They heard me GASP and I was immediately greeted with a few, "NO WAY" comments. Dat feel.

Screenshot for proof:

Last edited by pld; 2013-04-24 at 06:33 PM.

Decided to start soloing some of my mount runs on my alt 86 hunter as well.
    First try, [Reins of the Onyxian Drake].
    He is too poor to purchase artisan riding to actually use it. :|
    Gotta make 4-5k to use it but I am happy I can check off one mount off my rare mount list.

Got a Raven Lord after 9 tries. proceeded to do it again, the next day, on a Paladin alt who had just hit level 70. Got it again, lol.

Got two Headless Horsemen mounts in the same toon the same Halloween Event.

Got both brewfest mounts in the same bag.

Umm...what else. Not rare drops, but my Netherdrakes are due to the quest line resetting after I faction transferred. Doing that 40k rep quest twice helped a lot :P

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm lazy. I wait for them to drop on the BMAH.

But legitimately? ... Best "drop" was the Sea Turtle on just my +/- 40th cast after 3.1 went live.
    Last edited by macdisciple; 2013-04-24 at 06:51 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see, a rare mount story... need to look inside my knapsack. /scuffle /ruffle Got one! An old buddy of mine went to Karazhan one night, and ended up getting the mount from there. I decided I'd head over and try for it as well. It ended up dropping for me also.

Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    Let's see, a rare mount story... need to look inside my knapsack. /scuffle /ruffle Got one! An old buddy of mine went to Karazhan one night, and ended up getting the mount from there. I decided I'd head over and try for it as well. It ended up dropping for me also.
    So that mount DOES drop. Sigh. I hate that boss so much.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

The Big Battle Bear from Cataclysm Collector's Edition Deck. Almost thought it was supposed to come with it. :P Also lots of mount drops on guild raids like Experiment 12-B, Swift Alliance Steed, and after that ToGC run we went to rush Obsidian Sanctum 10 for the luls and I won that mount as well. Guildies hated me for that day..
    Swift White Hawkstrider also dropped to me after like 8 runs tops. Lucky me.
    Last edited by xaju; 2013-04-24 at 09:04 PM.

Deleted
    Had the weirdest thing happen to me today. I went for another Oondasta kill yesterday(my 14th kill) and had never gotten any loot prior to this.
    So as the fight came to an end i realized i forgot to buy my weekly coins and received another pile of crap from the boss.
    I went straight to shrine and bought some after that.
    The next day i log in and somehow i see bonus roll frame show up, wtf? So i rolled and yeah you guessed it.. got my cobalt direhorn!
    Blizzard must have somehow realized they weren't being fair towards me getting no loot for 14 kills and awarded me with the mount

Onyxian drake finally dropped for me after years of farming semi-regularly on 1-2 toons. Only pre-MoP raid mounts I am missing now are Mimiron's head and Ultraxion drake, but since farming mimiron is a pain in the ass and ultraxion impossible I have officially stopped farming mounts! got more than I really use anyway.

Back when I was still a nooby my friend took me to H Magister's Terrace, had no idea that he dropped the White Hawkstrider. It dropped and I ended up winning it, friend was pretty mad since he had been farming it for so long.

15+ Year Old Account
    14 Kael'thas kills. One Ashes of Alar.

Happy Fenixdown was very happy that day.

(also only took 16-18 kills in heroic MrT to get the hawkstrider, I love my chocobo!)
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    got the drake from vortex pinaccle and from stone core both on the same character on the same day, within ~30 minutes.
    after i rolled an 99 on the stonecore drake i joked about getting the drake from vortex pinnacle too because im so lucky with a friend on vent, it was amazing to hear how mad he was when it dropped and i rolled an 99.. again. I dont really use them after all because they dont fit to my character, but I always like to tell this story.

Talk about lame luck

It took 212 total kills across a whole mess of characters but I finally got my Onyxian Drake this week.

Not sure what to do with all these alts now...

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Just got my Ashes of Alar maybe 10 minutes ago!

Been doing TK on two chars every week for maybe 2 months or so. Today it really came as a surprise, because when I run it on my alt it's mostly on routine. I'm pretty pumped and excited when I do it on my main, but like I said this was on my alt, and it was mostly just to get it done. So first I go and visit Onyxia and Karazhan. No mounts there, and it feels like another one of "those" days. Oh well, Tempest Keep left. The fight goes by pretty smoothly, and I'm able to get a new record kill with a few seconds. I loot Kaelthas, and there it is.. I couldn't believe my eyes.

So finally, I got the coolest looking flying mount IMO. Since I started in TBC, one of my WoW-dreams has always been to get the Phoenix, since it was always one of my favorite flying mounts. Sadly, I'll never be able to get my favorite groundmount, since it was removed from the game. (Swift Zulian Tiger)