Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by toho View Post
    isnt this thread trolling in itself? so its useless to take it seriously?
    This post was written as a response to a lot of things I, and many others see on these forums. Not to be a finger pointer, but you are a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

In the General Discussion, I post about my thoughts on trolling, and bad attitude. Your immediate response of

cool stroy bro. would you like some more attention or some cookies?
    is a clear retaliation of the nature of posters that I'm pointing out.

I'm begging to have a clear and honest discussion with you about this, but how am I the troll?

As far as I can tell he's saying that too much of the posts on here are nonconstructive either because they are unintelligent or are failed attempts at humor, and that the mods have to spend too much of our time banning/locking threads/posts that shouldn't have been made in the first place.

Basically that people need to just post constructively and not troll or just relate things back to old expansions or flame people, etc.

That's my understanding of the OP's point, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    As far as I can tell he's saying that too much of the posts on here are nonconstructive either because they are unintelligent or are failed attempts at humor, and that the mods have to spend too much of our time banning/locking threads/posts that shouldn't have been made in the first place.

Basically that people need to just post constructively and not troll or just relate things back to old expansions or flame people, etc.

That's my understanding of the OP's point, at least.
    then why add to it? even if it is an attempt to be "constructive".

How is this not troll baiting?

I have been playing this game for a really long time and after reading your post you have reminded me of something horrible that should have been left in the depths of my mind...

Wand Specialization, I have completely forgotten about this and I laughed at anyone who had it, because even at my younger age I knew that it was stupid.... However I do remember the joy and laughter it brought me so I guess it was a good thing.

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    first idk if he is complaining about complainers or complaining about blizz itself.
    criticism of blizz is called costumer feedback which is invaluable to a company.
    now addressing his point constructively like you guys asked:

1)Somehow relate your post to how Blizz is going to crap, since the Activision merger is the reason why they cater to casuals.
    are you trying to say that your tired of people complaining about Blizz and casuals? if you are doesnt that you make worse than them? your complaining about another complainer, why do you even care?
    if this is about casuals then all i can say though luck kid, blizz wants to expand and there are a lot more casuals then hardcore players.

-Bring up the fact that mages were freaking useless in Burning Crusade compared to warlocks.
    i dont have a mage or warlock so i cant comment on this

-Defend speccing your priest into wand specialization for when a tank is building aggro on Onyxia.
    again i dont know what you are talking about?

-Imply that the 2.1 patch that introduced voice chat into the game is going to put Ventrilo out of business, then make a post a month later about how the voice quality is crap and that you never supported it.
    i never use ventrilo or wow voice chat, as far as everyone is concerned it doesn't even exist.

-Say that you've played since beta.
    i haven't

-Complain about the LFD tool.
    its fine as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by haloeffect View Post
    then why add to it? even if it is an attempt to be "constructive".
    Why vote in an election where the Electoral College wins over a popular vote?

Because it's an opportunity to make a change and voice an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by toho View Post
    first idk if he is complaining about complainers or complaining about blizz itself.
    criticism of blizz is called costumer feedback which is invaluable to a company.
    now addressing his point constructively like you guys asked:

1)Somehow relate your post to how Blizz is going to crap, since the Activision merger is the reason why they cater to casuals.
    are you trying to say that your tired of people complaining about Blizz and casuals? if you are doesnt that you make worse than them? your complaining about another complainer, why do you even care?
    if this is about casuals then all i can say though luck kid, blizz wants to expand and there are a lot more casuals then hardcore players.

-Bring up the fact that mages were freaking useless in Burning Crusade compared to warlocks.
    i dont have a mage or warlock so i cant comment on this

-Defend speccing your priest into wand specialization for when a tank is building aggro on Onyxia.
    again i dont know what you are talking about?

-Imply that the 2.1 patch that introduced voice chat into the game is going to put Ventrilo out of business, then make a post a month later about how the voice quality is crap and that you never supported it.
    i never use ventrilo or wow voice chat, as far as everyone is concerned it doesn't even exist.

-Say that you've played since beta.
    i haven't

-Complain about the LFD tool.
    its fine as it is.
    I get a strong feeling that you missed the point. The last part was meant as a satirical release from the bonds from the silly thinking of players from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferx View Post
    Why vote in an election where the Electoral College wins over a popular vote?

Because it's an opportunity to make a change and voice an opinion.
    so basically aren't all the people you're complaining about voicing an opinion as well? why should they have to stifle themselves? regardless of how annoying what they say may be or how annoying their complaints are, it is no less constructive than this post, in which most of it is spent mocking a number of threads on the forums. if you actually want to change things or help why not just make an intelligent post?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferx View Post
    I get a strong feeling that you missed the point. The last part was meant as a satirical release from the bonds from the silly thinking of players from the past.
    you dont say?

which brings me to

well im done with my "constructive post" hope you all have a good night then
    Last edited by Toho; 2010-12-19 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Edit post > Delete > check the "Delete this post?" > click on delete post.
    Damn. There should be like a FAQ or something

Quote Originally Posted by haloeffect View Post
    so basically aren't all the people you're complaining about voicing an opinion as well? why should they have to stifle themselves? regardless of how annoying what they say may be or how annoying their complaints are, it is no less constructive than this post, in which most of it is spent mocking a number of threads on the forums. if you actually want to change things or help why not just make an intelligent post?
    In essence, yes. They are voicing an opinion. Unfortunately, this isn't a democratic forum. There are rules to abide. My first though when I see an intelligent looking title of a thread is CTRL+Click and load up Google Chrome with 5-6 threads for my perusing. I'm saddened by seeing the 5th post to 4th page of comments, being that they are in no way contributing to the flow and discussion. They are useless and not needed. This was written as an effort for people to notice, agree/disagree and discuss, and adapt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Changed the title per Forum Guideline 13.4, "Choosing a suitable subject line for your thread".

If you wish it to be changed to something else, PM me or post a reply here, but the previous title was outside of Forum Guidelines.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

The OP is most definitely not complaining about Blizzard. He is posting about the rehashed topics/posts/arguments/stories that people put on forums.

Here's my TL;DR for OP's post:
    Hey guys, don't go off-topic in threads, and only contribute if you have something to say that someone hasn't said already.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    I have been playing this game for a really long time and after reading your post you have reminded me of something horrible that should have been left in the depths of my mind...

Wand Specialization, I have completely forgotten about this and I laughed at anyone who had it, because even at my younger age I knew that it was stupid.... However I do remember the joy and laughter it brought me so I guess it was a good thing.

Thank you.
    I KNOW RIGHT!!! I was always tempted by them, thinking, "there HAS to be a good reason for that to exist!" Sadly there never was...

30 minutes. Make your peace.