Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral pvp, till death do us part.

Anyone else finding it kinda hard to pvp as feral atm, yes bleeds are imba and everything, but in bgs/arena i find it hard to play with all the new abilities that players got. Mainly because i as a feral didnt really get anything useful for "pvp" i understand that stampeding roar is somewhat useful...but honestly i never end up using it, its completely situational and the situation is almost never around considering that just about every class/spec can get a form of a slow...

Im usually expending all my energy as fast as possible to pump out as much dmg as i can with my bleeds and with a tiger's fury before the bleeds is hawt, but just the lack of something "new" is kinda killing it for me.

This is probably going to be flamed as a QQ thread, and it is. it just sucks since i got really no decent abilities as a feral =/

Deleted
    well then u didnt pvp at wotlk as feral did u ?
    since we got sooooo many good things for pvp
    root - cyclone - heals - bearform -
    just read some guides or something

and forgot instant heal...
    Last edited by mmoc696ba84d15; 2010-12-19 at 08:09 AM. Reason: forgot someething

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojow View Post

he just took my words.. What else can you ask for as a feral pvper? and we have stuns!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Pretty much what he said. Feral isn't just being a cat. Use all of your druid's abilities (such as shifting to bear and popping cooldowns to tank people while they die to your bleeds), not just stealth shred bleed bleed bleed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojow View Post

Yea like this guy said, you need to be useing more then just cat form

Deleted
    What do you seriously think when others meet a Feral/Warrior in arena? I can honestly say every time i see a feral i /sigh irl.

They are so damn OP against basicly everything at the moment, so please take your crying elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    What do you seriously think when others meet a Feral/Warrior in arena? I can honestly say every time i see a feral i /sigh irl.

They are so damn OP against basicly everything at the moment, so please take your crying elsewhere.
    your the one crying anyway this is the move i like to call the SHINING WIZARD

Deleted
    Feral druids aren't bad at all. Thing is you need to re-learn your PvP style as a druid, atleast that's my guess. As most of the posters above me mentioned you're a hybrid class which've got three different kinds of "spells" to your advantage. Learn to prioritize your spells and when to do Y and when to do X & Z and you'll be successfull.

wotlk was alright, not talking about the instant roots from glyphs, new spells im saying kinda make it shitty to play aginst and my healing spells dont heal for shit also anymore. in wotlk with the 85 coefficients i was actually able to heal. now i get less than a 10th of my hp from a healing touch crit =/

Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post

What do you seriously think when others meet a troll like you in the DRUID forums? I can honestly say every time i see one i /sigh irl.

They are so damn clueless and offtopic, please take your crying elsewhere.

Back on topic, i'm quite new to feral (switched main recently) but here's what i do: open and try to put all the bleeds on my target, then play defensively with kiting, CCing, interrupting, stunning etc. It doesn't work that bad
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate replying to this thread with something that resembles "OMG L2P" but...
    ...You are a Feral Druid, you should be OWNING the field of battle...

By OWNING (yes, in all caps) I mean that you are running around the BG doing what needs to be done and the person you are attacking simply will not fight back anymore when you attack them because you've already downed them 2+ other times and went running off to the next fight llke they were nothing and they know that fighting back just means they are just going to die while giving themselves hand cramps from feverishly push buttons. Or by OWNING I mean that you have that player with the chip on their shoulder who makes it a point to try and bring you down at some point, in some way, and will spend the entire match trying to get you (I find this flattering that I am that much of a threat to them).

Putting all the feral BG tactics and tricks down that work would be a uber long post. Some great advice listed above, mainly that playing as feral does not mean playing just as a cat. The only times I do bad in BGs is when I get to be too stubborn or lazy to switch forms.

Right now I am routinely in the top three for overall damage and killing blows in BGs. I am not saying I am great, but more that if I can do it I know you can too.

Feral pvp is amazing right now...

I am running feral/feral for 2s right now and we are at 1350 in just a few days. We wreck things... As logn as u knwo the other peoples abilites well, feral is one of the best pvp specs out there right now.

OP has to be a troll... feral is so amazing right now. I'm playing it as much as i can because enough people are crying about it it will probably eventually be nerfed(yes i know it has been nerfed a couple days ago)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by txbone View Post
    OP has to be a troll... feral is so amazing right now. I'm playing it as much as i can because enough people are crying about it it will probably eventually be nerfed(yes i know it has been nerfed a couple days ago)
    I have my doubts about the troll-ness of post. I regularly see ferals in BGs at the bottom of the pile when it comes to overall damage and killing blows. I've watched ferals go running/charging into the thick of the battle and get themselves killed...rez at the graveyard...and then repeat the process only to end up dead again about a minute later. Running around putting up bleeds is one thing; actually playing a good defense and knowing how to expose the weaknesses of other classes [while minimizing your own] is another.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I have my doubts about the troll-ness of post. I regularly see ferals in BGs at the bottom of the pile when it comes to overall damage and killing blows. I've watched ferals go running/charging into the thick of the battle and get themselves killed...rez at the graveyard...and then repeat the process only to end up dead again about a minute later. Running around putting up bleeds is one thing; actually playing a good defense and knowing how to expose the weaknesses of other classes [while minimizing your own] is another.
    You see players of all types doing this, they are bad players. Feral pvp is about surprise, bleeds, bear form and tank abilities, healing, and kiting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by txbone View Post
    Indeed. I hope it doesn't get nerfed any more. Especially not frenzied regeneration.

"OMG I'm at 20% health!" Bear form, enrage, frenzied regen, bam, 100% health

Also: Instant Cyclones FTW.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Once I started to use all my abilities (not stating in cat), I started to love pvp as feral. I come fron playing a shammy, which I didnt enjoy pvp witg. No complaints here, but I havn't pvp with a lot of other classes
    I'm so out of this world, I make telescopes squint.
    -=702 Gamer=-

its going to take a while for everyone to adapt to the new changes to the classes personally for me as a healer i am still trying to learn how to deal with necrotic strike or whatever the DK heal absorb thing is.

i just grinded to 1550 with a fury warrior friend in like 2 days.(im a feral) and we went something like 51-10,only losing to people who were extremely skilled. against healer/dps teams we just zerg the dps and i insta-cyclone the healer whenever i can,and skill bash. the dps dies EASY cuz the healer cant heal through the immense damage of a feral and warrior. double dps we just choose the class that pewpews the most and kill it. feral pvp is very good right now,and im really loving it. i imagine our damage will go way down when people get more resil. i faced a couple teams that had a good chunk of resil already and could see the difference in damage

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by shiryo View Post
    "Whats your ilvl? cuz that ass is epic"

I think feral feels a bit op atm acctually.
    I don't know if i have gotten imba over night, if its my gear or if we tear shizzle apart without doing anything really. From my bg/arena exp if it's not a healer, go charge>pounce>ravage>mangle>TF>Rake>Rip, then dash away and get a kill, repeate when charge is off cd.
    If you get attacked, just pop bearform + berserk for 20k+ crits on 3 targets.

I think i will get nerfd soon.