Is improved immolate better than shadow and flame for demo?

I was just scanning through the demo guide over at ej and when I clicked on "the build" I was surprised to see that he had selected improved immolate over 3 points in shadow and flame which doesnt seem to make sense imo as you are constantly spamming sb as your filler. I also checked the build of a demo lock in vodka and he had his points in shadow and flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmorace View Post
    I was just scanning through the demo guide over at ej and when I clicked on "the build" I was surprised to see that he had selected improved immolate over 3 points in shadow and flame which doesnt seem to make sense imo as you are constantly spamming sb as your filler. I also checked the build of a demo lock in vodka and he had his points in shadow and flame.
    Well if you checked the EJ site, you should have seen the priority-list. there isnt that much time to cast shadow bolt because in your perfect setting, you will keep ISF up, Corr rolling, keeping Shadowflame on CD and using up all your MC procs. aaand dont forget your cooldowns and the mana taps you might need.

EJs lists are based of the perfect setting, and in that perfect setting, you might not be casting that much shadowbolts.

then again, nobody is perfect, so I say you´d better go with shadow and flame.

Oh and MC--> Incinerate proc benefits from Shadow and Flame as much as shadow bolt.

In not perfect settings, you will be using LESS Shadowbolts/Incinerates, while always keeping Immo as close to 100% as possible. If Improved Immolate shows better results that S'n'F on Patchwerk style fight, you can be sure it will be even better on heavy movement fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    That said, on fights with adds, you wont necessarily be using Immolate on the adds because they wont last long enough to be worth it; in which case you'll be using Shadow Bolt/Incinerate on them.