Baradin Hold: Argaloth 101 (10-Man Guide)

Baradin Hold: Argaloth 101 (10-Man Guide):

Argaloth is the first boss in Baradin Hold. He has 21.5M hit points. This raid can be accessed by the winning faction in Tol'Barad very similar to how the Vault in Wintergrasp worked in WotLK. There are a few trash mobs before him and you should face them towards the raid to split the damage caused by their primary ability.

There are four things you need to know to defeat Argaloth and start accumulating epic legs, gloves, and trinkets in Cataclysm.

1) Split your raid into two self-sufficient groups of five each containing a tank and a healer. One group will be in front of the boss and one will be 90 degrees to the right or left. Your tanks will taunt back and forth to mitigate the frontal cone damage from his Meteor Slash and the subsequent damage of the DoT it places on everyone. After Group 1 eats a Meteor Slash, the tank in Group 2 taunts, etc.

2) Dispel Consuming Darkness quickly. It is applied to three targets each time it is cast. Mass Dispel Helps a lot and being glyphed for it is even better!

3) At 66% Health and 33% Health, Argaloth channels a Fel Firestorm. Crazy idea....don't stand in the fire. Move around and STAY ALIVE. When he's done, resume your positions.

4) Argaloth has a 5 minute enrage timer during which you'll need to do 21.5 (21.473 for those who must know the exact number) million damage. Your group needs a solid mix of all i333, i346, i359 gear to beat the enrage timer. Greens aren't really an option.

This is an easy strategy to execute and a fun little fight to start off Cataclysm raiding. Sometimes a picture is worth 1,000 words and sometimes less is more. This is one of those short, sweet, and easy to explain fights that provide a great introduction to raiding.

~Metheadras, <The Old Guard>, Archimonde (US)
    Last edited by Methedras; 2010-12-23 at 03:24 PM.