Can't get the new rod yet correct?

Enchanters can't get the elementium rod yet right? If not, does anyone know when?

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, of course you can, the recipe sells in TH

You can get it at 515 skill by trading shards in twilight highlands.
    (Well, get it whenever, learn it at 515)

Quote Originally Posted by xSilv3Rx View Post
    You can get it at 515 skill by trading shards in twilight highlands.
    (Well, get it whenever, learn it at 515)
    almost makes sense that you cant make it till 515.. when you have the two hander agility enchant at what 465-470 that requires said rod.. so the enchant that gives multiple skill ups i cant do because i cant get the rod? by the time i can get the rod the enchant will no longer give skill ups lol.. makes a lot of sense does'nt it

That's what i was having trouble with too. also, to make the actual rod, you have to make every single rod in the game to make this one. Because, you need the rod you were using in wrath. okay, i have that. then you need the one before that. which, of course is destroyed to make wrath's rod. so, you have to make every single rod in the game, just to make this one. I'm not sure why they did this either, because before it was just use your old rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaschnikoff View Post
    That's what i was having trouble with too. also, to make the actual rod, you have to make every single rod in the game to make this one. Because, you need the rod you were using in wrath. okay, i have that. then you need the one before that. which, of course is destroyed to make wrath's rod. so, you have to make every single rod in the game, just to make this one. I'm not sure why they did this either, because before it was just use your old rod.
    Er, why? Every enchanting rod to date has functioned as all the ones below it. So you make the Elementium Rod, and it replaces your current rod. Done and dusted.

No, that's not how this one works though. You need the wrath rod, and the BC rod to make this rod. not just one.

No, that's not how this one works though. You need the wrath rod, and the BC rod to make this rod. not just one.
    idk if they changed it since you last looked, but all you need is the WotLK rod, the unenchanted elementium rod, and the enchanting materials.

Quote Originally Posted by scudmuffin View Post
    idk if they changed it since you last looked, but all you need is the WotLK rod, the unenchanted elementium rod, and the enchanting materials.
    And the LK rod requires the BC rod to make. Pretty sure that's what they meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by fondane View Post
    almost makes sense that you cant make it till 515.. when you have the two hander agility enchant at what 465-470 that requires said rod.. so the enchant that gives multiple skill ups i cant do because i cant get the rod? by the time i can get the rod the enchant will no longer give skill ups lol.. makes a lot of sense does'nt it
    Ya I noticed that.
    I learned the enchant from the trainer and I was like Shit Yeah!.
    Then it said I needed the new rod, so I said, No Problem and had my BS friend make a rod.
    Then I went to TH and bought the recipe to notice I couldn't learn to make the new rod yet.
    Very anti-climatic.

Because as you level your enchanting you need the rods to enchant certain recipes. The way they have it implemented has been in place for a while and makes it so you don't just throw away your old rod but use it to make the next best one.

hmm, it must have changed since i saw it

---------- Post added 2010-12-22 at 07:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Because as you level your enchanting you need the rods to enchant certain recipes. The way they have it implemented has been in place for a while and makes it so you don't just throw away your old rod but use it to make the next best one.
    not what i was saying, i was saying i saw an earlier version wehre you needed the old rod that you were using in wrath, AND the rod that you used to make the wrath one.

Mighty agility requires 470 enchanting, (gives 5 skill ups at 470 too), but requires the runed elementium rod.
    the runed elementium rod is BOP and requires 500 enchanting skill to use
    the recipe to make the runed elementium rod requires lvl 515 to make it

something is obviously busted here. I reported this as a bug earlier this week and the GM said they are aware of it and working on a fix.

Also have to be level 84 and complete the quests to unlock the vendors, enjoy

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wrong, I only had the WOTLK rod and made this new one just fine.

not what i was saying, i was saying i saw an earlier version wehre you needed the old rod that you were using in wrath, AND the rod that you used to make the wrath one.
    Not sure where you saw that then, because it's been for a while now that you use the old rod to make the new one for all of the runed rods.