Thread: Lag and PvP?

10+ Year Old Account

Question Lag and PvP?

Dear follow bashers,

I have a question to ask you all right now. Have you within the last few days/weeks seen alot of lag appearing on players in PvP?
    I don't mean lag with the servers, but general lag with players. I know there excists a way to make yourself lag on purpose.
    Question is more, why?

Why are people aiming to ruin pvp by doing this on purpose?

Should we have connection rules for Arenas / BG's?

And no, I don't aim to bash the people whom lag because they aren't gifted with that good equipment.
    But I don't like that fact that people enter pvp, the skip around the area, none being able to hit them because they aren't standing where we see them. Being unable to take the flag back because the EFC* aren't actually infront of you but behind you. Unable to interrupt a spell because it's actually already been cast or would be cast a few seconds later?

I know many may just say it's me and my equipment, but don't see that possible when almost the whole battleground team sees the same problem. Just wish to know if it's common among your battlegroup?

I am tempted to name and shame, but rules say no, so I don't.

Hope someone can share your experiences.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Actually, I have seen a lot of this in this week. I doubt it is on purpose though because they weren't hitting me hard either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lufi View Post
    Actually, I have seen a lot of this in this week. I doubt it is on purpose though because they weren't hitting me hard either.
    I've seen some that hit like a truck in Cataclysmic.. Sucks when you can't do much.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I know there excists a way to make yourself lag on purpose.
    Question is more, why?

But I don't like that fact that people enter pvp, the skip around the area, none being able to hit them because they aren't standing where we see them. Being unable to take the flag back because the EFC* aren't actually infront of you but behind you. Unable to interrupt a spell because it's actually already been cast or would be cast a few seconds later
    You notice that there's a way to "cheat" in pvp and still wonder why people are abusing it? Because they're to dumb to play legally and have to use tricks to at least compete with abysmally bad players.

This trick might work out in random BGs and piss off people a lot, but is in no way viable in coordinated pvp.

I hate this, too, but there's no way to stop it without preventing people with bad connections from enjoying pvp, so .. let them fool around.

Deleted
    Open ticket and he will be kicked in 5 min.

GoodGame / Good Points

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sometimes use a tether on a smartphone to play BGs on my laptop. My connection tends to range from 200 ms on a good day to 800 ms or above which can be problems. (I live in a major city, I have heard tethering for others in smaller towns or rural areas to be latency 4k+ and unplayable except for AH dealings). I do not think 800 ms should be kickable and I do know even some landline DSLs get latency 600-800 occasionally.

Thing is what would be the cut off? 1k? 2K? 500? While MMOs are a bit more forgiving than, say, a FPS game, I do not think you should be booted unless you are just unable to play. That point I will say if a decision had to be made is around 1K+ latency. Doable, but not fun. 2k to 4K unplayable.