Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Problem is, the more they are there the more we notice how their main conceit fails. Blink was fantastic, the urgency, the fear, the uncertainty and resolution all worked. But after that, their power only works when the writers want it to, leaving gaping holes in plot believability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its been confirmed for a long time now that they will play a main role in series 8 and appear frequently. they are gonna be used as part of the "carryover" along with clara to help connect capaldis doctor with the audience
    Yep. I'd prefer they just get a spin-off show of their own to be honest, rather than shoe-horning them into Doctor Who episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Hi guys, just here to let you know that this very thread got me hooked on the Doctor... only in Season 3 of the new series but how could I have missed out on this for so long? Thanks for this humongous thread. One of the gems on MMO-C.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Yep. I'd prefer they just get a spin-off show of their own to be honest, rather than shoe-horning them into Doctor Who episodes.
    Yeah...that part disappoints me. I vaguely remember seeing that, but I was asking because I hoped they would serve a more critical role in the new show for a while instead of being a vehicle to make Capaldi more accessible. So yeah, I agree with you. I think a short run with them would be a fantastic show, but likely not one that would get very good ratings. I think they could use those three characters in an area in between Torchwood and Who being a little darker and mature, but not too far away. I think how busy he is would make it impossible anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Hi guys, just here to let you know that this very thread got me hooked on the Doctor... only in Season 3 of the new series but how could I have missed out on this for so long? Thanks for this humongous thread. One of the gems on MMO-C.
    Welcome to the world of wibbley wobbley. You have so many adventures ahead of you.
    BAD WOLF

last i heard they were considering a spin off.

i think the main thing is budget and who would write it.

moffats pretty busy and the bbc has been in a bit of a rough spot with their budget lately.

i think a paternoster gang spin off would do good as a replacement for the sarah jane adventures but slightly more mature. i dont think it would be quite torchwood levels
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'm a huge fan of Vastra, Jenny & Strax. I'm glad they will be a part of the next Doctor Who season. Every episode they are in only increases my enjoyment, much like River Song and Captain Jack improved every episode when they guest starred.

Welcomes get worn out for me, especially when those three clearly have their own stuff going on quite regularly. River was over-used as well and Jack should have stopped with the Doctor Who appearances once Torchwood started.
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Okey dokey!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    7 more days, I need a Tardis, can't wait.

I'm excited to see what was in his room in The God Complex

Quote Originally Posted by Stayfrostee View Post

"Okey dokey!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    more like

if you do not know who this is look up: Adric

Matt is the nude one

Matt is naked because he is going to a church in the sky where you are expected not to go clothed, according to the Mirror.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    ...right, that's not too bad........

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yew, MWahahahahaha! One more for our army, We will get bigger and bigger and those bronies won't know what hit um!

Quote Originally Posted by Stayfrostee View Post
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing something companion related was behind the door, he's died 11+ times and nearly died 5+ times in his current regeneration so it can't really be that. So maybe letting his companions die or not managing to save them? something like that? : /

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm guessing something companion related was behind the door, he's died 11+ times and nearly died 5+ times in his current regeneration so it can't really be that. So maybe letting his companions die or not managing to save them? something like that? : /
    My thought was his own race getting out of the time lock and becoming more 'evil' than the daleks are. Or maybe something silly like people knowing his real name. Or maybe the doctor committing genocide not giving that species a chance, or the doctor turning evil and killing everyone he loves....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I liked Adric well enough. Mel though, worst companion in all of time and space.

"Okey dokey!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone speculating on what was behind his door, rewatch the episode or clip. He says 'You' implying that someone/an entity is behind the door. While the Doctor is odd, it's highly unlikely he would call an event 'you'. He may call an object or a group of things/people 'you', but not an abstract concept of events.

Unless I went mental when I watched the episode the other day. That's a possibility.
    BAD WOLF

what i imagine he saw was just himself.

theres a very big part of the doctor that hates himself and dreads what he has/will/thinks he will become in the future

When the episode aired my first thought was that the person behind the door was Omega. I've long harboured the suspicion that Omega is the force behind this whole arc. I could be way wrong though, but the omega symbol has been seen often as a symbol used by The Church -

"Okey dokey!"

10+ Year Old Account
    When the episode aired my first thought was that the person behind the door was Omega.
    I've never noticed those symbols...but it makes me think the Doctor would be a lot more savvy about the situation if that's who it was. I mean surely he would have made the connection a long time ago since he's had hundreds of years to think about it. It would be interesting, but would also force me to think the Doctor is an idiot for it to even make sense. I don't know how I feel about that.
    BAD WOLF