Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Rush View Post
    This show is still the best SciFi Shows that are out there !
    Irony?

Because its not sci-fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Belief? Scientists find wrong? In the link you provided:

Theories can be found to be incomplete or wrong in some particular detail without the entire edifice being torn down.

But never WRONG entirely. That't the nature of science it improves with time. New answers pose new question that lead to new answers and so on.
    And never right. I quote you:
    A scientific theory is an answer which is right.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Irony?

Because its not sci-fi.
    There's a difference between Sci-fi and science fiction now?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    And never right. I quote you:
    It's always right, just not always in full details. Like the theory of evolution. It was always right, but some details changed over time, but the core theory was is and will be right. Moreover you don't need to know all the details to understand it and see it at work.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

It's always right, just not always in full details. Like the theory of evolution. It was always right, but some details changed over time, but the core theory was is and will be right. Moreover you don't need to know all the details to understand it and see it at work.
    You have a vastly different understanding of the word "right" than I do then. I consider it a synonym to truth.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have a vastly different understanding of the word "right" than I do then. I consider it a synonym to truth.
    Full truth or just truth?
    Like "what did you do? - I killed him" or " I shot him in the face and he died"?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Full truth or just truth?
    Like "what did you do? - I killed him" or " I shot him in the face and he died"?
    I see your point, but making an axe from a wooden shaft and sharp stone is not a "truth" or a particular "answer" to anything, or something that's "right".
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-09-08 at 10:07 PM.

Ehrmagherd take your linguistics battle somewhere else. This thread is for throwing shade on Moffat and praising Capaldi.

Quote Originally Posted by Platex View Post
    wow, someone's pretty toxic and vile...

My guess is, you didn't watch Doctor Who when it came back in '05 and you have an inferiority complex over it - which is why you refer to it as "nostalgia bull----". Otherwise, I can't see why you're repeating that same phrase so angrily over and over again.

^ sums up this series so far entirely.
    my first episode was dalek. but nice to see you've run out of arguments and are somehow trying to say I have nostalgia "no i dont have nostalgia! you just have nostalgia because you started later on!, you just dont know how good watching the episodes back in 2005 was!"

reality check, i watched them back in 2005, rtd wrote alot of shit.

also if the poll was based off what most people were "familiar with first" then why is patrick troughton so high when so many of his episodes are lost? why arent the doctors in order from first to last?

my favorite doctors are

1. Matt/Capaldi tied
    2. Troughton
    3. Sylvester McCoy

if your theory was correct wouldnt my favorite be eccelston at the top followed by david and matt?

the only reason you are upset about me calling your bullshit bullshit is because it is in fact, bullshit.

you spout bullshit about the show losing half the ratings because "they must agree with you" when in fact it did no such thing, you try to insult the fanbase by saying that only stupid people enjoy it and the smart people stopped watching.

when you're confronted with the fact that doctor who only got more popular and even among longterm fans matt is considered high up on their lists you then try to claim reverse nostalgia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I liked it. It was pretty funny, the story was totally insane, but what do you expect from an episode about Robots in old time england? Decent action and I totally didn't notice the edit. It was basically a fluff episode, but it was good fluff, so I'm ok.

Next week however... That looks fucking terrifying... Can't WAIT!
    this is my opinion on the episode as well.

the plot was kind of weak but it had strong dialog. the banter between capaldi and robin hood was hilarious "there is a bright side.. clara wasnt here to see that"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

the poll results for into the dalek are in

What would you rate Into the Dalek out of 10? (Poll Closed)
    8/10 - Very good 25.87%

9/10 - Great 24.6%

10/10 - I SEE DIVINITY! 20.61%

7/10 - Good 15.08%

6/10 - Above average 4.86%

5/10 - Average 4.54%

4/10 - Below average 2.07%

3/10 - Poor 1.03%

2/10 - Very Poor 0.69%

1/10 - I SEE HATRED! 1%

Dalek or Into the Dalek? (Poll Closed)
    Dalek 61.78%

Into the Dalek 38.22%

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/your-ve...ctor+Who+TV%29
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    A scientific theory is an answer which is right.
    No, a theory is an educated guess. Nothing more. Otherwise it would be a fact, not a theory.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "there is a bright side.. clara wasnt here to see that"
    One of my favourite lines from the episode , the other being The Doctor's line about punching Robin Hood in the face.

Is it Saturday yet?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

the overnight ratings for robots and the final barb ratings for into the dalek are in. really nice retention for a new doctor and new season. i think doctor who is on its way to a new high.

Last night’s episode was watched by 5.2 million (a 25.4% audience share) viewers in the UK on BBC1, according to early overnight viewing figures.

The overnight figures are early estimates and we can expect a sizeable increase when the final BARB figures are released next week. Unlike the overnights, the final figures also count those who recorded the show and watched it later, making them a more accurate measure of how many were watching.

The 2014 ratings so far:

Deep Breath 6.8m (overnight) 9.17m (final) AI 82
    Into the Dalek 5.2m (overnight) 7.29m (final) AI 84
    Robot of Sherwood 5.2m (overnight) TBC (final) AI 82

(iPlayer figures are not included in the final figure)
    (The Audience Appreciation Index (AI) is a score out of 100 which is used as an indicator of the public’s appreciation for a show.)

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-...ctor+Who+TV%29

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    No, a theory is an educated guess. Nothing more. Otherwise it would be a fact, not a theory.
    no an educated guess is an hypothesis.

a scientific theory is as close to a fact as you can get.

I don't think adding scientific in front of it makes it any less of an educated guess.

Laws are still closer to fact anyways.

also the christmas special began filming today.

we should hopefully have confirmation on whether or not clara is leaving.

capaldi is about 99% likely to stay because if he was leaving it would leak really soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I don't think adding scientific in front of it makes it any less of an educated guess.

Laws are still closer to fact anyways.
    except it does. id take the time to look up what a scientific theory is. its not just a theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Changing gears entirely, and entering "late to the party" mode, is Torchwood worth watching? Thought about it once, forgot about it, and now remembered it again.
    the first two seasons of the "original" series range from average to bad with a few good moments.

its worth watching if you're a fan of jack and doctor who in general but its nothing special.

children of earth is very very good.

miracle day is just awful awful awful.

except it does. id take the time to look up what a scientific theory is. its not just a theory.
    but it is a theory, a theory that is backed up with credible observations and experimental findings... but there's a reason it's a theory not law.

pink may not show up next series. might show up at christmas though.

"Samuel Anderson has said he is unsure if Danny Pink will be back for Series 9 of Doctor Who.

Speaking to Cult Box he said: “I have no idea what their plans are for next year. I’ve confirmed my availability for the Christmas special, so I hope so. I feel like I’ve just begun.

He added: “I mean, I started in January but then suddenly it was all finished! Watching Michelle Gomez [Missy] and Peter Capaldi… like, I’m only just learning how far you can push performances in the show and what you can do.”

The 2014 Christmas special begins filming today."

i think its too early to say whether danny has a future or not. if clara dies/gets stuck or whatever i think it would be cool to see danny hanging out with the doctor for awhile.

sometimes i wonder what it would be like if rory stayed with the doctor and amy was the one erased or if they had left amy in the girl who waited or if rose was the one left in the alternate world.

we havent really had a bitter former pseudo companion become a companion before, i think it would be a unique dynamic.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/dannys-...es-8-66438.htm

Deleted
    She didn't seek the Promised Land.
    But she got there and was NO robot.

And yes Torchwood is VERY watchable if you like Jack
    (thankfully not everyone has a bad taste like Immitis )

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    The point is that what was being stated earlier in this thread (before it got derailed by all the talk of what a robot or a theory was) was that robots were the ones seeking/trying to find/journeying to the Promised Land so far, not that only robots could get there.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account

the·o·ry
    ˈTHēərē,ˈTHi(ə)rē/
    noun
    noun: theory; plural noun: theories

a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.
    "Darwin's theory of evolution"
    synonyms: hypothesis, thesis, conjecture, supposition, speculation, postulation, postulate, proposition, premise, surmise, assumption, presupposition;
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

And yes Torchwood is VERY watchable if you like Jack
    (thankfully not everyone has a bad taste like Immitis )
    how do i have bad taste when i said i liked it?

unless you are trying to say miracle day was good.

i think you will find almost no one agrees with you and the fact that it prevented jack from showing up in doctor who again its even worse

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    the·o·ry
    ˈTHēərē,ˈTHi(ə)rē/
    noun
    noun: theory; plural noun: theories

a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.
    "Darwin's theory of evolution"
    synonyms: hypothesis, thesis, conjecture, supposition, speculation, postulation, postulate, proposition, premise, surmise, assumption, presupposition;
    a scientific theory is not synonymous with a hypothesis, a regular theory is.

a hypothesis is just a guess. an educated guess but a guess.

a scientific theory is backed by multiple studies and research and cross scrutiny, its built upon years of evidence.