Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Great Question:

Part of it can be summed up these might have been pre time war Daleks, one reason being The Doctor was there are the birth of the Daleks and almost stopped them from beginning. However the first Doctor who know about the Daleks, but the Daleks he met did not know about him.

here is a simple time line of possibilities.

--1000 years prior Earth colonizes Skarro. (in one of the books, placed the year around 3000.)
    Year 1000 after the nuclear war on Skaro Daveros creates the first Dalek. The 4th Doctor nearly stops the Daleks, the Daleks kill Daveros.
    <--Place the "Asylum of the Daleks" episode here. 11th Doctor.
    A few hundred years later The 1st Doctor and a Group of Humans encounter the Daleks, the Daleks have no knowlegde of the doctor.
    Shortly after this the 2 and 3erd doctor have adventures besting the Daleks.
    A few hundred years later the Daleks are in a war against the Movellan a Andriod race of Rastafarian-bots. 4th Doctor tries to stop the Daleks from reviving Daveros.

4th, 5th, 6th,7th doctor all beat the Daleks and Daveros. in one case Daveros invents the Imperial Daleks which use human heads, these Daleks where smarter and harder to beat.
    8th Doctor receives the remains of the Master from the Daleks after the Daleks execute the Master.
    -Mysterious time War between the Daleks and the Time Lords. Both races thought to be lost.
    9th Doctor finds new Daleks made from Humans. Rose removes them from History.
    10th Doctor finds original Daleks in the Void Sphere. the doctor sends all but 4 back to the void. One becomes a human Dalek hybrid, the other Daleks kill him, one survives to set a trap to destroy all the remaining Daleks.
    11th Doctor Destroys the universe but reboots it with the Help of Amy Pond. (lost in old universe timeline were human Daleks from the 1940's UK, and the upgraded new Daleks.)
    Granted Since the universe is rebooted, the Daleks might have been rebooted to the state prior to the time war, in which case .
    <--Place the "Asylum of the Daleks" episode here.

Thanks for the post!

Who was the naked dalek in asylum? was he the crazy prophet guy that saw the time vorttex and went insane? (the one that turned on the daleks in the journeys end davros episode.) I forgot his name....from the cult of skaro
    Last edited by golds; 2012-09-12 at 02:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post

River Song -> Tate's Companion Character -> Rose

In order of annoying.
    You didn't like Rose :O?

Best to worst imo Captain jack (even though it's very little) > Rose > Tate > Amy > Rory > Martha > Everyone > River

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    Who was the naked dalek in asylum? was he the crazy prophet guy that saw the time vorttex and went insane? (the one that turned on the daleks in the journeys end davros episode.) I forgot his name....from the cult of skaro
    No, I believe he died with Davros on that ship. I think this guy is just the head of the Dalek parliament. They all look like that under the armour, and high ranking Daleks tend to show their true forms (see: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Dalek_Emperor).

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I want a pet triceratops.
    Well, if you can find the ship he and all of his dinosaur friends are yours. Just make sure you feed them properly and throw the ball every once in awhile. Also, he likes his ears rubbed and belly patted. Good luck and hopefully you don't get eaten. If you do get eaten can I have all your belongings?

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    You didn't like Rose :O?

Best to worst imo Captain jack (even though it's very little) > Rose > Tate > Amy > Rory > Martha > Everyone > River
    Rose got clingy and annoying.

I would say

Jack > Amy (because cute redheads with attitude ftw) > Rory > Rose > Tate > Martha >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>River

We get it, you made an original character. Stop forcing her down our throats plz.

Sigh. My list would be pretty much identical, but I'd switch Rory and Amy.
    Its honestly pretty close between them. But Amy wins because shes cute <3

10+ Year Old Account
    The only new series companion that I felt was not particularly good was Martha. Not because of the actress or even the character itself, but because RTD was obsessed with giving the Doctor a love interest and Martha was pretty much the Third Doctors Liz forced into a love interest role. Far better character in Torchwood sans Doctor.

As for the rest, it seems a lot of you are New Series exclusive. I am happy/sad to say that I would give Peri and Mel honors as worst companions ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never read manga, and Bleach is ze first anime I've watched and I just started a month ago. I'm not through it. Don't spoil stuff :x
    Aahh okay, shutting up now then enjoy the epicness of Bleach! (and after you're done, I have like 1000000 other shows for you to watch )

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Jack > Amy (because cute redheads with attitude ftw) > Rory > Rose > Tate > Martha >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>River

We get it, you made an original character. Stop forcing her down our throats plz.
    I think for me I'd have to swap Tate and River around, I quite like River Song (I actually met Alex Kingston a while back, she's AWESOME) but I could not STAND Tate, the sad thing is the character Donna was really cool, if they'd had ANY other actress playing her it would have been a great companion, but Tate just rubs me the wrong way, so even though the character was solid, I couldn't absorb the good past the awfulness of Tate.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if he might not count, but I consider Wilfred Mott to be the best companion!

Wilfred > Rory > Captain Jack Harkness > River > Donna > Martha > Mickey > Amy > Rose

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wilfred is pretty epic!

im new to this show(on season 1) when they remade it, not the original and i have to ask, is it always this "cheesy" or is it because its the first season? the storyline is great and thats what keeps me watching it but i laugh sometimes with how corny the aliens and such look
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

15+ Year Old Account
    The effects get a lot better throughout the show but it still keeps it, you'll learn to get used to it though. Felt the same way at the begining, doesn't bother me at all anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was an alright episode, much better than last weeks imo. Argh, after fully rewatching the seasons i really do miss some of the older episode style

10+ Year Old Account
    Twas good.
    I'm keen for next week though.
    EVIL BLACK CUBESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

---------- Post added 2012-09-16 at 09:18 AM ----------

I miss the dark and serious Tennant bits. Matt Smith is good, but when it comes to the Dark and serious bits... I prefer Tennant for those.
    ^This 10000000%
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah next weeks looks pretty decent And yes i miss those Tennant moments too, actually, i just miss every Tennant moment!

Deleted
    I miss the dark and serious Tennant bits. Matt Smith is good, but when it comes to the Dark and serious bits... I prefer Tennant for those.
    Agree.

Matt Smith is good but when he attempts to do the dark/serious bits it's ... Missing something. In today's episode when he got angry it wasn't the "same anger" we expect from the Timelord. I think Matt Smith got the serious parts correct in the Vampires of Venice episode where he's talking to Signora Calvierri and tells her he'll "tear down the house of Calvierri stone by stone" because Signora didn't know Isabella's (a girl they murdered) name. That scene still sends a chill down my spine.

I do think Matt Smith does the emotionally sad parts better than Tennant, but I prefer the Time Lord who is a bit dark, serious and vengeful. Matt Smith has only 1 of these 3 qualities at any one time during the dark and serious parts.

Brilliant actor for his age though.

Deleted
    Tennant to have a beautiful sadness. And a vengeful rage. I liked it.
    When Matt Smith is angry, it seems just like... A silly man being a bit angry.
    Exactly. Also this scene:

What's interesting is this episode is written by Stephen Moffat, so it's definitely not a script issue: it's just Matt Smith's persona I think? His personality doesn't lend itself to being one of vengefulness, anger et al, most probably because he's young compared to Christopher Ecclestone and David Tennant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only just realised River punches the Doctor in the Forrest of the Dead episode, and knocks him straight into a bunch of shadows. Silly bitch could have got him killed!

Deleted
    I did love the Asylum of the Daleks though, which is the only aired episode of his this season
    That episode was good, and the memes which followed it made it even better!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cowboys + Cyborg Assassins x Ben Browder = great Dr Who episode

MUCH better than last weeks, true Matt Smith isn't fantastic, but he's good enough. Of course he's not as good as Tennant, no one is

Next week looks epic.... until you realise it's written by the same guy who wrote Dinos on a Spaceship....

but at least the NEXT episode is written by Stephen Moffat so yay for that, of course it's also the last of the current season.... fail
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30