Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

i dont think missy was supposed to be a threat, she was trying to be nice and give the doctor a gift in her own twisted way. she wanted the doctor to love her and be her friend again, she wasnt trying to hurt him.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Not sure about that. Her plans were awfully complex and clearly took time to assemble, at which point they were undone with considerable ease and little resistance.
    She's clearly mad, which the Master always has been, but I just didn't buy it this time around, seemed very contrived and forced regardless of the character's motives regarding lethality or lack of it.
    The Master often knows he won't kill the Doctor, and doesn't necessarily even want to, but he knows he can go all out and throw everything he can come up with at the Doctor, it's a game he knows they can play again and again, that he cannot do with any other person in the universe. And her plans last season fit that well, I just wasn't convinced by the portrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i wonder if we'll finally find gallifrey. id really like to see omega

Omega would be awesome in the gritty new Doctor Who. We haven't seen him in a long time though; I thought he was on his weird self-sustaining planet/plane still from when he faced the Third(?) Doctor. If Omega was on Gallifrey things would have been way crazier. I would absolutely love to see the Cartmel Masterplan in action. Rassilon, Omega, and the Doctor [aka the Other] finally confronting each other over ownership of Gallifrey. Would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Omega would be awesome in the gritty new Doctor Who. We haven't seen him in a long time though; I thought he was on his weird self-sustaining planet/plane still from when he faced the Third(?) Doctor. If Omega was on Gallifrey things would have been way crazier. I would absolutely love to see the Cartmel Masterplan in action. Rassilon, Omega, and the Doctor [aka the Other] finally confronting each other over ownership of Gallifrey. Would be epic.
    Omega was 'killed' in the Three Doctors episode, but later faced the Fifth Doctor and got a Peter Davison body during that encounter, but 'died' again. In the audio series (which Moffatt seems to consider canon) he's escaped the anti-matter universe entirely.

i think omega could play well into gallifreys return.

gallifrey is currently stuck in an alternate dimension like he was. and the order of the silence seemed pretty keen on gallifrey not getting out, and they all happened to wear/use omegas symbol.

it seems to me that omega could be just the kind of person to not want gallifrey out of that dimension

we still dont know what or who the papal mainframe and the order of the silence is.

we know the silence are beings made to allow people to confess their sins and then forget about it. but what kind of church are they? who do they worship? why do they have one of the biggest armies in the universe?

maybe moffat just threw those symbols in there to fuck with us, but what if this whole thing, the entire arc from series 5 to now, is about omega trying to keep out gallifrey.

i try not to put omega in my predictions though because its kind of a meme at this point where every series someone online is like "OH MY GOD IS OMEGA GONNA SHOW UP?"

i think it would be cool as shit
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

gallifrey is currently stuck in an alternate dimension like he was. and the order of the silence seemed pretty keen on gallifrey not getting out, and they all happened to wear/use omegas symbol.

we still dont know what or who the papal mainframe and the order of the silence is.

maybe moffat just threw those symbols in there to fuck with us, but what if this whole thing, the entire arc from series 5 to now, is about omega trying to keep out gallifrey.
    Hmm. Yes and no. We know that the Papal Mainframe is simply the evolution of the Church; they have a large army commanded by Tasha Lem. Tasha swore to the Doctor that she would burn the planet Trenzalore to the ground if he tried to bring Gallifrey back; she was going to wipe out the planet before the Time War would start anew. The Church was annihilated by the Dalek fleet, however. Madame Kovarian and the Silence were a splinter faction of the Church which went back in time to try and kill the Doctor before he reached Trenzalore to ensure that he would not bring back Gallifrey. All of this happened in the Christmas episode with the Twelfth Doctor where he eventually regenerated.

I think that the Omega symbols are a neat potential indication that Omega is involved. He might be the leader of the Headless Monks or even the leader / deity of the Church. Cool theory that Omega could be behind Gallifrey staying hidden for so long. Now that we know the Master (Missy) is returning next season, I doubt we'll see any other Time Lords any time soon but I guess there's always a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Hmm. Yes and no. We know that the Papal Mainframe is simply the evolution of the Church; they have a large army commanded by Tasha Lem. Tasha swore to the Doctor that she would burn the planet Trenzalore to the ground if he tried to bring Gallifrey back; she was going to wipe out the planet before the Time War would start anew. The Church was annihilated by the Dalek fleet, however. Madame Kovarian and the Silence were a splinter faction of the Church which went back in time to try and kill the Doctor before he reached Trenzalore to ensure that he would not bring back Gallifrey. All of this happened in the Christmas episode with the Twelfth Doctor where he eventually regenerated.

I think that the Omega symbols are a neat potential indication that Omega is involved. He might be the leader of the Headless Monks or even the leader / deity of the Church. Cool theory that Omega could be behind Gallifrey staying hidden for so long. Now that we know the Master (Missy) is returning next season, I doubt we'll see any other Time Lords any time soon but I guess there's always a chance.
    i know theyre a church but im saying, we dont know what theyre a church for. all we know is that theyre some sort of super military church thing. we dont know what they worship or why so theres still plenty of places they could take them storywise.

"the Doctor Who team will be heading to Spain once again for some filming on Series 9.

Director of Photography Ali Asad, who is working on two episodes of the second filming block (episodes 1 & 2), tweeted the news.

He wrote: “Going to Spain on a location recce for the Dr.”

Doctor Who more recently used the country for scenes in Asylum of the Daleks, A Town Called Mercy and Kill the Moon.

UPDATE: Overseas filming began this week in the Teide National park, Tenerife. A few location pics can be seen below showing the scenery and a glimpse of Missy."

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-...pain-71101.htm

spoilers obviously

http://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.ne...79429744_o.jpg
    http://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.ne...41017083_o.jpg
    http://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.ne...47445187_o.jpg
    http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-t_Fd-W0AIds71.jpg

"Steven Moffat has explained why he is changing up the format for Series 9 with an increase in two-parters.

Speaking in DWM #484 Moffat says: “We’re changing the rhythm of [the show] quite a bit. For a long while, those 45-minute stories were the backbone of Doctor Who. They felt new and fresh and different. It just started to feel to me, that as a member of the audience, you were getting too acquainted with the rhythm of it. You sort of think, ‘Well, now it’s about time for the music to come up.’

“Writing the first two-parter that I had done in years [with Dark Water/Death in Heaven] I just thought, I’m liking this. This feels more unpredictable.’ Because you don’t know how far you’re going to get through the story…

He continues: “The rule I’ve got is that you won’t be absolutely certain whether a show is going to be a two-parter or not. And sometimes something that looks like it’s going to be a single, isn’t a single. I think the nice thing is not having the feeling of, ‘It’s five minutes until the end of Doctor Who, so he’s bound to start running now.’”

He adds: “With each of the two-parters we’re doing, there’s a substantial difference between the two halves.”"

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-...ease-72128.htm

Deleted
    Yeah, it's always been an issue for me when reading books. You knew when the bit remaining started getting thin that the book had to come to some kind of resolution. Same with the TV series 24. Very hard to get you so immersed in the story that you forget the passage of time and suddenly find yourself staring at the ending. The only movie I can remember being like this was "The Usual Suspects". I got so drawn in by the plot, the story being woven, and by the characters that when the ending came, I wasn't ready for it.

Very hard for episodal TV to do that. Not knowing whether it will be a 2-parter might be great, but you'll still know the following week that it has to resolve. We can't have everything, but this is definitely an interesting move and hopefully rewarding.

I like the pacing of "The Game of Thrones" as often the climax of the season can come in the penultimate episode (head squishing) and the actual last episode only just wraps up lose ends. Having unexpected highpoints really make for invigorating watching. Another great example for this is House of Cards. After what happened in episode 1 of season 2, you realised that you can't possibly expect anything coming up throughout the series. Great show.

If there was some way of making seasons of Dr Who more self-contained, with a single overarching plot for each season, less filler episodes, and leave it completely unknown whether you will get resolution of the current crisis at the end of this episode or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stephen Moffat ALSO said that he DID right Jenna out in both the season finale and the christmas special, but she convinced him to put her back in both times...

Then he said that he wouldn't want to put the Paternoster gang in next season, because he doesn't want them to overstay their welcome.

The irony of those two statements is DELICOUS.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Moffat Dark Water/Death in Heaven was horrible pacing, That was a horrible two-parter. Now just start playing the god damn music.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

"Steven Moffat has said he is hesitant on bringing the Paternoster Gang back for another appearance.

Moffat explains in DWM #484: “I’m always slightly worried that you can’t keep repeating the joke. And there’s always talk of the spin-off, and the Beeb would do it in a heartbeat… but… I dunno. The moment you start relying on something, you should probably throw it away. I always kind of feel that nothing should stay in the Doctor’s life. You can have River for a few years, but then River has to go.”

Moffat also confirmed the rumours of Clara’s original planned exit last year: “I originally wrote her out in Death in Heaven. That was her last episode. And then she asked me if she could be in Christmas. So I said, ‘OK, I’ll write you out in Christmas’. She came to the read through and did the ‘write out’ version – and again changed her mind.”

He adds: “But the truth is I never wanted her to go. I didn’t really want Death in Heaven to be her last episode. And with Last Christmas, I’d already written the alternative version where she stayed, and I preferred that version. Frankly, I didn’t want to lose her. She’s an amazing actress, and she never stops working to make Clara better. I was very happy to go the extra mile to make sure we could keep her.”"

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-...exit-72142.htm

moffat, just let bbc make the spin off, if you dont wanna write it let someone else do it :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by immitis View Post
    "steven moffat has said he is hesitant on bringing the paternoster gang back for another appearance.

Moffat explains in dwm #484: “i’m always slightly worried that you can’t keep repeating the joke. And there’s always talk of the spin-off, and the beeb would do it in a heartbeat… but… i dunno. The moment you start relying on something, you should probably throw it away. I always kind of feel that nothing should stay in the doctor’s life. You can have river for a few years, but then river has to go.”

moffat also confirmed the rumours of clara’s original planned exit last year: “i originally wrote her out in death in heaven. That was her last episode. And then she asked me if she could be in christmas. So i said, ‘ok, i’ll write you out in christmas’. She came to the read through and did the ‘write out’ version – and again changed her mind.”

he adds: “but the truth is i never wanted her to go. I didn’t really want death in heaven to be her last episode. And with last christmas, i’d already written the alternative version where she stayed, and i preferred that version. Frankly, i didn’t want to lose her. She’s an amazing actress, and she never stops working to make clara better. I was very happy to go the extra mile to make sure we could keep her.”"

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-...exit-72142.htm

moffat, just let bbc make the spin off, if you dont wanna write it let someone else do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I don't believe there is a direct counterpart, but there is a blind Inhuman who travels around searching for more Inhumans named Reader and I have seen many people refer to the eyeless guy by that name on message boards. He isn't the same because he was blinded by the other Inhumans because they felt his ability (to turn anything he reads into reality) was too powerful. http://marvel.wikia.com/Reader_%28In...28Earth-616%29
    OFF WiTH HER HEAD!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Why does he consider the Paternoster gang to be nothing more than a joke, as opposed to a group of characters to be fleshed out? Is Moffat that creatively bankrupt? You don't just make one shot characters and throw them out once you've repeated the same shtick. You make character arcs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anything with Strax is nothing more than a joke.
    Oh, hi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Anything with Strax is nothing more than a joke.
    You're not wrong there...

then again this is moffat, for all we know hes being a trolly shit and the paternoster gang are already in an episode this year AND a spin off is already in the works :P

can never tell when moffats telling the truth

- - - Updated - - -

all you guys hatin on strax is cray cray

15+ Year Old Account
    then again this is moffat, for all we know hes being a trolly shit and the paternoster gang are already in an episode this year AND a spin off is already in the works :P

can never tell when moffats telling the truth

- - - Updated - - -

all you guys hatin on strax is cray cray

#1 rule: Moffat always lies.

women of doctor who

and now a mix of my two favorite things! doctor who and guardians of the galaxy