Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

i think the major difference is agents of shield is a more adult show. comes on late at night, ect ect.

doctor who is firmly a family show, it may skirt the edge from time to time with some adult stuff but its still the show who had a spin off on cbbc :P
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think the major difference is agents of shield is a more adult show. comes on late at night, ect ect.

doctor who is firmly a family show, it may skirt the edge from time to time with some adult stuff but its still the show who had a spin off on cbbc :P
    Honestly AoS is not really that violent, they never show them actually shooting the girl, maybe some sound effect. It is more about the idea of it.

Not when I see on Netflix watching Daredevil(which you should all watch, right now, go and stop reading this) a guys arm gets chopped off and you see the bone/meat and shit.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    That sounds like a pretty awesome season opener. And seeing as Missy is supposed to be in the premiere as well it could be truly spectacular. Not that I think The Doctor would actually do it.

Thanks to the Sony Wikileaks hack i see sony is in talks to make a Doctor Who movie http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32347624

It says they want to make one within 8 years but i feel the time is ripe now imo while interest is at its peak.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpie View Post
    Thanks to the Sony Wikileaks hack i see sony is in talks to make a Doctor Who movie http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32347624

It says they want to make one within 8 years but i feel the time is ripe now imo while interest is at its peak.
    Do we really need one? I would rather just see another episode like the 50th ani that we had.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Do we really need one? I would rather just see another episode like the 50th ani that we had.
    With sonys backing we could see them pump millions of dollars into the budget and get something fucking spectacular but then again we could get that 90s paul Mcgann disaster.

15+ Year Old Account
    With sonys backing we could see them pump millions of dollars into the budget and get something fucking spectacular but then again we could get that 90s paul Mcgann disaster.
    You to put Doctor Who in Americans...err Japanese hands?

I would rather them just keep up with what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    You to put Doctor Who in Americans...err Japanese hands?

I would rather them just keep up with what they are doing.
    Reading the article it seems that is what Moffat wants to do but i do think a big budget movie is inevitable seeing how bankrupt Hollywood is for ideas and how popular super heroes are atm and i would class the Dr as a super hero.

its not that they want to make on in 8 years, they are just currently making an 8 year plan for the series in general.

the main problem holding a movie back is, where does it fit? how do they work out the plot of a movie, film the movie, and keep the series running at the same time?

with an 8 year plan they can much more easily slot things like a movie in because they dont have to run around like a chicken with their heads cut off trying to figure out the plot and how to tie it to the show.

for all intents and purposes the 50th anniversary was basically a doctor who movie. so any doctor who movie will likely be something like that.

"The Telegraph have reported today that plans are in place for Doctor Who to be made into a Hollywood blockbuster within an 8 year timeline outlined by the production team.

Their source comes from leaked Sony emails, published by Wikileaks. It states:

The plans for Doctor Who were put in an email sent in January [2014] from Andrea Wong, president of International Production for Sony, to the company’s chief executive Michael Lynton.

The email says: “[Danny Cohen, the Director of BBC Television] said that while there has been tremendous interest (and pressure from [BBC Worldwide]) to do a Dr Who film, the show runners feel very clear that they don’t want to do one at this moment.

“That said, over the course of the coming months, the show running team is coming up with an 8 year timeline for the brand – laying out all that will happen with it.

“He says that a film will certainly be a part of that timeline. So the answer is that a film won’t happen in the next year to 18 months, but it is expected that it will happen after that within the 8 year horizon.’

Lynton’s response was: “Sounds like we need to meet with the show runners.”

A follow up email from Wong reads: “Spoke to Danny and he doesn’t think it makes sense right now and actually might hurt our cause.

“He said that the creative team on the show have been having the movie conversation with BBC Worldwide in recent weeks and are very hot under the collar that their position on it is not being listened to or accepted.”

This all seems to fit in with a more recent interview from Moffat who indicated there were several problems that had still not been addressed: “I’ve sat with people, saying …‘Okay, explain to me how it’s going to work.’ And nobody has an answer.”

We’ll just have to wait and see how this story develops."

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/leaked-...lans-73062.htm

personally? i just dont know if its gonna happen. and the fact that moffat is making an 8 year plan might mean moffat has no intentions of leaving (or hes already picked out his choice of replacement and is making it with him/her)

a movie connected to the series would just exhaust the actors and might end up doing what the 50th did. which, as much as i loved the 50th i wouldve preferred another season instead of just one slightly longer bigger budget episode.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Well its possible they could do a time war movie with David Tennant that way the series actors wont be exhausted from the TV schedule and it could be seperate from the movie.

I know David Tennant doctor wasnt in the time war but when has movies ever cared about cannon?

Well its possible they could do a time war movie with David Tennant that way the series actors wont be exhausted from the TV schedule and it could be seperate from the movie.

I know David Tennant doctor wasnt in the time war but when has movies ever cared about cannon?
    thats exactly the approach that ISNT gonna get this movie made.

moffat and the doctor who crew have said over and over that if a movie is made it would need and HAVE to be connected to the show wholeheartedly.

a doctor who movie cant just be its own little thing that breaks canon or doesnt have any impact on the main show. and it most certainly will need to star the current doctor (whether at the time thats capaldi or the 13th, or whoever)

if they just wanted to go and do a little movie about whatever we probably wouldve had tons of doctor who movies by now

Deleted
    YEs cause SOny could never riun things....cough....spiderman...cough....
    Id prefer the doctor stays tv only....especially with moffat about to leave....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    YEs cause SOny could never riun things....cough....spiderman...cough....
    Id prefer the doctor stays tv only....especially with moffat about to leave....
    i wouldnt say that. moffat has made no indication that he plans on leaving soon. i could easily see him staying on past series 9

"Eccleston participated in another couple of interviews released this weekend where he spoke about leaving the role.

In the Daily Record he explained: “I’d had enough. I wanted to do it my way, they wanted something else. We were never going to compromise so it was best to be straight about it and just go.”

On BBC Radio 4 meanwhile: “Myself and three individuals at the very top of the pyramid clashed, so off I went. But they’re not here to say their side of it, so I’m not going to go into detail.”

He adds: “I don’t think it’s important why I left, I think it’s important that I did it in the first place. … I’m always there in spirit.”"

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/ecclest...-who-73001.htm

new series 9 monster

damn time flies how i miss David.
    https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/sta...75863684534273
    ‘So, where was I? Oh, that’s right…’ David Tennant filmed his first scene as the Doctor 10 years ago today!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    David Tennant filmed his first scene as the Doctor 10 years ago today!
    Still in my opinion the best Doctor of New Who. Eccleston was awesome but we didn't really have enough time to get to know him, Smith was great but I felt his arc trailed off once Amy and Rory left, Capaldi has the potential to be outstanding, but I'll wait till his run is over before I judge . Then we have Tennant, who not only was the best doctor, but also had the best companions (this probably goes a long way to making him the best) the seasons with him and Donna still rank as my favourite in New Who's whole run.

Damnit... Now I want to go back and watch them all again...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Controversial opinion:

Eccleston > Smith > Capaldi > Tennant

Absolutely nothing settled for me with Tennant and once I saw someone describe his performance every week and "running and shouting man" it never could.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

yeah im not a big tennant fan...i always thought smith was better, and not to mention RTD's writing was just awful sometimes (as were most of his season finales)

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol wasn't expecting that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Controversial opinion:

Eccleston > Smith > Capaldi > Tennant

Absolutely nothing settled for me with Tennant and once I saw someone describe his performance every week and "running and shouting man" it never could.

"Steven Moffat has talked a little about how Series 9 is shaping up in a new interview today.

Speaking to Digital Spy he said: “The thrilling thing about it is you are getting to see that second series Capaldi performance which is quite stunning actually. There is something that happens when the part becomes theirs. It happened with Matt, it happened with David. He’s just on amazing form at the moment.”

He adds: “I was looking at some of his first series and just thinking it’s magnificent but it’s nothing like what he’s doing now. There’s always a feeling when a new Doctor comes in – and it’s not necessarily a bad thing – but you think that’s Peter Capaldi as the Doctor. Now it’s just the Doctor. He can be more madcap, he can do all the things. He’s no longer worried about being like Matt or anything. It’s not different, it’s just more.”

He also talks about bringing back two-parters: “It’s more about messing around a bit with how much of the plot will be done in 45 minutes”, Clara’s journey this series: “It’s very pronounced, she continues to complicate”, and Missy: “The Doctor’s best friend is a murdering psychopath. What are we going to do with that!”"

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-...issy-73180.htm