Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wot?
    You said Curse of the Raven is Rose 2.0, but Capaldi and Clara have no such relationship. Then you linked me a bunch of stuff with Smith. There was absolutely ZERO romantic anything from about the start of Smith's Christmas special, through all of Capaldi. He was certainly not going to tell her that he loved her in a romantic sense, which is 100% what was and 10 was about.

Edit: Also, the Doctor is not so simple as to show me pictures of people holding hands means they are romantically involved. I'm thinking you've misread a lot of exchange just between 11 and Clara tbh. Compare it against the episode he told River goodbye which was actual romance and how much further things were with Amy, even though that was always platonic as well.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2015-12-04 at 06:52 PM.
    BAD WOLF

i think we just have to agree to disagree.

i will always ship whouffle till the day i die.

only other ship i ship more is doctor x missy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think we just have to agree to disagree.

i will always ship whouffle till the day i die.

only other ship i ship more is doctor x missy
    That's fine. I'd rather the Doctor live romance free for a time and focus on weightier material. As much as I love the Doctor and the big Bad Wolf, he was better with Donna and best with Wilfred.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That's fine. I'd rather the Doctor live romance free for a time and focus on weightier material. As much as I love the Doctor and the big Bad Wolf, he was better with Donna and best with Wilfred.
    oh i agree. i dont want anything romantic between the doctor and a companion for awhile. missy im fine with because she wont show up all the time.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

every season ive thought it was better than the last since matt took over.

I don't think you can term the love of Capaldi's Doctor and Clara as anything more than platonic. I think this older, more weary Doctor loves Clara like a daughter, not like a potential girlfriend.

In fact, I thought there was some hints in the regeneration episode that Matt went to Capaldi in order to kind of escape the flirtatious nature of their companionship, to be a more cynical, and unromantic force in Clara's life, and force Clara to reassess her "crush".

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree, one of the reasons I have been pushing a male companion for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Snip.
    Yeah I agree with most of what you have said. Even Smith's timeline was really wacky, especially with River.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    That's fine. I'd rather the Doctor live romance free for a time and focus on weightier material. As much as I love the Doctor and the big Bad Wolf, he was better with Donna and best with Wilfred for me.
    personal opinion....I hated Dona as the worst companion since doctor #1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Yet, at the end of each season, I love the show in its entirety.
    Memory is a funny thing . I've since gone back and started rewatching New Who and I've realised something... Eccleston was awesome, no problems there. But Tennants first season and a half were kinda terrible... Everything up until Human Nature was pretty average, then you get the Family of Blood, Blink and a great finalé.

Before I started, I remembered all of Tennant's seasons being this mythical utopia of one amazing episode after the other, but the truth is they were just average. I get the feeling in a few years we'll be looking back at Capaldi's run thinking "Yeah, Capaldi was freakin awesome, I loved X and Y, it's just not quite as good these days with the new guy"

It's just the way people tend to forgot the average stuff and only really remember the episodes which were either really amazing or really shit.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

me everytime i watch this trailer

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that happened :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Memory is a funny thing .
    Pretty much sums up the entire episode :P

@~@

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Pretty much sums up the entire episode :P
    Hahah indeed, sometimes I'm so good I frighten myself

Not really sure what I thought of that... It was a great episode there's no doubt about it. Peter Capaldi was on superb form (but then again, when isn't he?) and there were moments in it that I loved... But somehow the whole thing felt a little flat, the ending a little too deus ex machina...

Tbh I find it quite ironic that in an episode that was basically the Doctor finally letting go of Clara (in the only way he could, by totally forgetting her), It 100% confirms my belief that Moffat will NEVER be able to say goodbye to her. So he takes the wonderful, fitting ending that she had in Face the Raven and tracks mud all over it in order to give her a "Happy" ending and in her own words, a little "Wiggle room".

Still a wonderful end to possibly my favourite season of Doctor Who ever, but I think that much like Clara, Moffat's time in the TARDIS should be over.

For me, best moment of the episode: When you realise you've been wrong the whole time and it's not a normal Doctor talking to a memory wiped Clara, but a memory wiped Doctor talking to a normal Clara. Superb scene, gave me chills as I realised what was happening.

For worst moment of the episode: Seeing the Tardis (thankfully restored to it's classic look) soaring through space... Then seeing a fucking Diner fly past it. Moffat really can be a moron sometimes.

Also, LOVING the new Sonic Screwdriver! Flashy as FUCK! I want one!

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I agree, one of the reasons I have been pushing a male companion for a while.
    And what exactly makes you think the Doctor can't have a relationship with a male companion?

Though I do agree, I think they need to cut out the romance a bit.

Deleted
    Wow! what a fantastic season finally was that!?
    I am still laughing about the slap in face of every Clara hater.
    Now there is even a possibility to do a spin off with her and ME. (one can hope! I personally would love to see that)

I freaking loved the look of the "old" tardis interior and i so laughed at the Tardis-Diner joke.

Overall a freaking well done episode.

PS:

Quote Originally Posted by Sukramo View Post
    Clara better stay dead. If not, that is probably the end of me watching.
    I hope you stay true to your word, sir! ^^
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2015-12-06 at 12:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was a pretty awesome episode, so many epic moments. I swear though, they better not create a spin off series with Clara and Me (no hints that they will, you just never know these days).

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I felt a lot was missing from the season, but OH MY GOD the season final was excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing they'll turn up at some point, they'll be another random ally, like the Paternoster gang, Torchwood etcetc.

10+ Year Old Account

@~@
    Totally said it was a Sonic Trowel

So many replies and yet none about the male to female regeneration being done so blasé, rather than all the uppity people have had about female time lords regenerating differently
    Last edited by Rixis; 2015-12-06 at 12:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    So many replies and yet none about the male to female regeneration being done so blasé
    Cause its probably quite normal for time lords on Gallifrey. I dont have a problem with that - I just dont want the doctor to be female
    But that niche can now be filled with the Diner-Tardis