Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... Capaldi needed one KILLER season, to fix things, and it's just not panned out for him.

It's a shame, I don't know if it's him, if it's the writing, or what... But Capaldi just never quite clicked with this role. Never hit the heights that we all expected when he was announced.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Rewatched a couple of episodes in past seasons eg the doctors wife and time of the doctor, flatline and made em realize i don't think I've actually genuinely enjoyed a single episode this season.

The closest i got to enjoyment was when the puddle met the dalek but that ended without a fight

Everything this season just seems like filler and not even good filler at that, the energy just isn't in it for me with Peter Capaldi :/
    Not Capaldis fault but i agree. I can rewatch so many ninth, tenth, and eleventh doctors shows and still be enjoyed but besides Heaven sent and Hell bent i would not re watch any of the capildi episodes especially this yr they just never did it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Can't wait for John Simms to pop out of a wormhole, disintegrate Bill and Missy with his lazer screwdriver, and salvage this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Though i love Capaldis doctor i do feel that with the show being a quicker pace than the classic show it does need a doctor with alot more energy and youth even though i dont believe the doctor should be young but thats because i prefer the pacing of the classic show where storylines could go on for nearly 12 episodes!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Not Capaldis fault but i agree. I can rewatch so many ninth, tenth, and eleventh doctors shows and still be enjoyed but besides Heaven sent and Hell bent i would not re watch any of the capildi episodes especially this yr they just never did it for me.
    I like to pretend the Matt Smith abomination never happened.....Such a talentless annoying prick, thinks acting is just, literally, waving his hands in the air. Cant do serious, cant do intimidating, cant do angry....just stupid.

It was doctor who for 3year olds.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a bad episode this week, classic Monster of the Week stuff with a fairly original foe and a fairly predictable end... One thing set off HUGE alarm bells though...

Was it just me, or at the end did one of the birds flying overhead say "Clara"?

I swear if that bitch comes back for anything more than a 5 second cameo during the regeneration sequence, I'll flip the table.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Was it just me, or at the end did one of the birds flying overhead say "Clara"?
    it said Kar - did you even watch the episode?
    I swear if that bitch comes back for anything more than a 5 second cameo during the regeneration sequence, I'll flip the table.
    Set alone would be good enough for me to do it
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2017-06-17 at 11:20 PM. Reason: I made a typo now shoot me....

Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    I like to pretend the Matt Smith abomination never happened.....Such a talentless annoying prick, thinks acting is just, literally, waving his hands in the air. Cant do serious, cant do intimidating, cant do angry....just stupid.

That was the elevenths doctors character and persona and the ratings disagree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post

Smith's doctor is second best after Tennats.
    Capaldi just isn't cutting it, we can say what ever about writing and moffat but Capaldi just doesn't do the doctor justice.
    There isn't a single episode i can remember since he joined and i can mention multiple from both tennat and smiths time.
    Ratings also disagree with you.

Capaldi might be a great actor but in the who universe his berable at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    it said Kara - did you even watch the episode?
    Firstly, her name was Kar, not Kara... Are you sure YOU were watching .

Secondly, it was well after the Kar call, it was just for one cry RIGHT at the end, while they were having a conversation...

Which is exactly the kind of thing Moffat would do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Capaldi just isn't cutting it...There isn't a single episode i can remember since he joined
    Really?
    The Episode where he plays a Guitar on a Tank and sonic glasses? The Episode who really wrote Bachs music?
    damn these haters these days.... but then again Im the only one saying Donna was the only bad thing about new who

10+ Year Old Account
    Heaven Sent is one of the best episodes of Doctor Who ever... So that's a big tick in Capaldi's favour.

7+ Year Old Account
    The creature in that episode looked like a felhound, heh.

Heaven Sent is one of the best episodes of Doctor Who ever... So that's a big tick in Capaldi's favour.
    Yeah, that episode is fantastic.

Noticeable episodes in the last three seasons for me have been:

Season 8 - Listen, The Caretaker, Mummy on the Orient Express, Flatline, Dark Water, Last Christmas

Season 9 - Under the Lake + Before the Flood, The Zygon Invasion + The Zygon Inversion, Face the Raven, Heaven Sent, The Husbands of River Song, The Return of Doctor Mysterio

Season 10 (so far) - Oxygen, Monk Trilogy
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-06-18 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Yeah, that episode is fantastic.
    Can't really argue with any of your "Notable episode" All solid.

Although I will note that Return of Doctor Mysterio is technically the first episode of season ten, not the last of season 9 .

IF I had to narrow it down to a single "Best" episode for each season.

8 - Listen (with Mummy coming a very close second)
    9 - Heaven Sent. SUPERB episode, probably second only to Blink for me. (the speech from the end of the Zygon Inversion was noteworthy as well)
    10 - Oxygen. This is only so far, fingers crossed the last couple will be exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Really?
    The Episode who really wrote Bachs music?
    Beethoven, actually.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Now a days, Doctor Who just feels like EVERY episode is a one-off.
    Indeed, the sense of continuity is missing... They've got recurring plots like the Vault, but that's not enough to really give the feeling of a complete universe.

Deleted
    how can someone not like Nardole?:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Because like everything Matt Lucas is in, he's not funny for me
    fixed that for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    nah mate I'm being objective here, he is not funny
    What about little Britain? That's funny :/