Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    a special dr who thing on the baftas right now

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 09:16 PM ----------

why does clara get to go on the baftas but not matt smith?
    matt smith is busy filming monster in the states with ryan goslin

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Probably because he is busier than she is.

Here is a crackpot theory! Clara is Susan! Discuss :P
    would make there flirting/kissing awkward if shes is his grandaughter
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    why does clara get to go on the baftas but not matt smith?
    He's busy filming a movie over in the US.

Edit: Welp, beaten to it.

I can't believe they released the DVD set before the last episode airs!

Spoiler from the Finale: Snape kills Dumbeldore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I can't believe they released the DVD set before the last episode airs!

Spoiler from the Finale: Snape kills Dumbeldore.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    know the Doctor's true name...

His name is Robert Paulson. TBH, i can't wait for the next episode
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Moffat talks about the 50th great video- No Spoilers

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I wasnt the only one wanting the girl to get "upgraded". The new cybermen were cool and the speed feature was a great surprise.

if john really is the lost 9th doctor then that means that matt smiths doctor is the 12th doctor and 13th regeneration (david regenerated twice) which means he wouldnt have anymore regenerations, it would also explain why river song gets so mad at him when he uses up some of his power to heal her hand.
    his last regeneration is already known and while they go back and forth about time can be changed they also keep hammering home his timeline does not end well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1824359/?ref_=ttqt_qt_tt - Tells us of the fall of the 11th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trial_of_a_Time_Lord - Huge spolier for those not familiar with the series pre-9th dr so i wont post what happens.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    I'm glad I wasnt the only one wanting the girl to get "upgraded". The new cybermen were cool and the speed feature was a great surprise.

his last regeneration is already known and while they go back and forth about time can be changed they also keep hammering home his timeline does not end well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1824359/?ref_=ttqt_qt_tt - Tells us of the fall of the 11th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trial_of_a_Time_Lord - Huge spolier for those not familiar with the series pre-9th dr so i wont post what happens.
    its never fully explained what the valeyard is, hes either something that manifests outside of him between his 12th and 13th life or what he becomes in his last life. and its possible that by making smith have no more regenerations it could lead into an arc about the valeyard, ive had a theory ever since series 6 that they were leading up to the valeyard by making the doctor darker and darker so i really hope they bring it up soon since id love that

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 07:57 AM ----------

You guys the bbc has promised if no one leaks the final episode they will show a clip of david and smith from the 50th @_@

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 08:00 AM ----------

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/smith-tenna...nale-49242.htm

I SWEAR TO GLOB IF ANY OF YOU RUIN THIS FOR US I WILL ERASE YOU FROM TIME @_@
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I would love to see ANNNY sort of nod toward the old series complex canon (i.e. The Valeyard, The Guardians, Omega) one of the chief points the BBC made with RTD was that he had to drop most of that stuff in order for them to focus on bringing new audiences in that didn't need to go watch 40 years worth of the show in order to feel like they knew what was going on.

As for the DVD leak, I just want to know how you go about accidentally doing that. Major Facepalm. I had been hearing rumors that it had happened and this now appears to be confirmed. SOOOOoooo, Time for me to Internet-Off until Saturday evening.

Hell, I just about wet myself when the Eye of Harmony popped up.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I hate the last episode got leaked. The comments on Doctor Who TV got closed! I loved those comments! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I hate the last episode got leaked. The comments on Doctor Who TV got closed! I loved those comments! D:
    think of it as a blessing in disguise, if whovians dont leak it we will get to see footage from the 50th!

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    As much as I would love to see ANNNY sort of nod toward the old series complex canon (i.e. The Valeyard, The Guardians, Omega) one of the chief points the BBC made with RTD was that he had to drop most of that stuff in order for them to focus on bringing new audiences in that didn't need to go watch 40 years worth of the show in order to feel like they knew what was going on.

As for the DVD leak, I just want to know how you go about accidentally doing that. Major Facepalm. I had been hearing rumors that it had happened and this now appears to be confirmed. SOOOOoooo, Time for me to Internet-Off until Saturday evening.

Hell, I just about wet myself when the Eye of Harmony popped up.
    i thought the only deal was that all outside source materal (comics, audio dramas ect) werent completely cannon. as far as i can remember everything that was actually filmed still counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    think of it as a blessing in disguise, if whovians dont leak it we will get to see footage from the 50th!

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 08:44 AM ----------

i thought the only deal was that all outside source materal (comics, audio dramas ect) werent completely cannon. as far as i can remember everything that was actually filmed still counts.
    As far as I thought all the comics and prose are mostly cannon, the question is what timeline. The Time War did funky things, People died, came back, and where never killed. Killed before they were born, and then brought back. There are now THOUSANDS of timestreams that are possible because of the Time War. Timey wimey and all that, yaknow? Like that popular belief that there is a "Lost" regeneration.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    my theory is the last regeneration is the reason why the time war went against the timelords. who could be smart enough to defeat a race (with his army of daleks and co.) that could control time? who would hate them that much (again look at the trial of a timelord series) to see them fall since it was his last regen? from the tv pov we only know the 8th doctor fought in the war and during that time the 8th/9th dr ended it. the eye of harmony bit was a key point in the 8th dr movie.

again this is from the tv pov and just a theory.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    there is a "Lost" regeneration.
    Omfg...you mean they weren't all in Heaven and they had actually regenerated and the show will be revived creating Lost Timestream 2? Yeessss. JJ at his finest. The Island turns people into Time Lords.

I love it.
    BAD WOLF

my theory is the last regeneration is the reason why the time war went against the timelords. who could be smart enough to defeat a race (with his army of daleks and co.) that could control time? who would hate them that much (again look at the trial of a timelord series) to see them fall since it was his last regen? from the tv pov we only know the 8th doctor fought in the war and during that time the 8th/9th dr ended it. the eye of harmony bit was a key point in the 8th dr movie.

again this is from the tv pov and just a theory.
    i think that would be cool but from the way the show portrays it i dont think either side were really winning near the end, i dont think any side wouldve won if it had gone on the way it was i think they wouldve destroyed the universe.

i mean if you go back and look skaro was pretty much in ruins, and gallifreys dome had been breached and all the creations of the timewar were running rampant

10+ Year Old Account
    i think that would be cool but from the way the show portrays it i dont think either side were really winning near the end, i dont think any side wouldve won if it had gone on the way it was i think they wouldve destroyed the universe.

i mean if you go back and look skaro was pretty much in ruins, and gallifreys dome had been breached and all the creations of the timewar were running rampant
    Yes. This is exactly what happened. The Time Lords had created monstrosities in their manipulation of time that rivaled any actions the Daleks could or ever would do...not to mention that the entire reason the war started is because the TL's decided to play God with the Daleks. (I mean, rightly so..but yeah...their meddling directly brought on the way)

While the Daleks used the weapons of the Deathsmiths of Goth, Time Lords were busy (intentionally or not) creating horrible things like the Nightmare Child, Skaro Degredations, Army of Neverwheres, etc. Nothing we actually know, but basically everything bad you could ever imagine.

And if that wasn't bad enough, Rassilon was so pompous that instead of losing the war he decided to practically nuke all of time and space into oblivion, while turning Time Lords into beings of consciousness essentially preserving their essence, though destroying their physical form. This was ultimately what led the Doctor to destroy all participants in the War.

To be honest, I don't know why the Doctor ever shows remorse for his actual act of murdering so many people because it ultimately saved every life possible in all of space and time. The only thing he should be sad about is that the Time Lords ultimately proved to be one of the worst civilizations ever...far worse than the Daleks. I think this is the essential conflict in his emotions...that he tries so much to not be like them, but he clearly has their same inherent thinking which can lead to those actions. It's also why humans are so amazing to him, because when they start to go into territory that would drive Time Lords batty they seem to be able to come out as decent people.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yes. This is exactly what happened. The Time Lords had created monstrosities in their manipulation of time that rivaled any actions the Daleks could or ever would do...not to mention that the entire reason the war started is because the TL's decided to play God with the Daleks. (I mean, rightly so..but yeah...their meddling directly brought on the way)

While the Daleks used the weapons of the Deathsmiths of Goth, Time Lords were busy (intentionally or not) creating horrible things like the Nightmare Child, Skaro Degredations, Army of Neverwheres, etc. Nothing we actually know, but basically everything bad you could ever imagine.

And if that wasn't bad enough, Rassilon was so pompous that instead of losing the war he decided to practically nuke all of time and space into oblivion, while turning Time Lords into beings of consciousness essentially preserving their essence, though destroying their physical form. This was ultimately what led the Doctor to destroy all participants in the War.

To be honest, I don't know why the Doctor ever shows remorse for his actual act of murdering so many people because it ultimately saved every life possible in all of space and time. The only thing he should be sad about is that the Time Lords ultimately proved to be one of the worst civilizations ever...far worse than the Daleks. I think this is the essential conflict in his emotions...that he tries so much to not be like them, but he clearly has their same inherent thinking which can lead to those actions. It's also why humans are so amazing to him, because when they start to go into territory that would drive Time Lords batty they seem to be able to come out as decent people.
    i think the reason hes so sad is because part of him believes he could have fixed it, that he couldve somehow saved gallifrey. hes not sad that he stopped them, hes sad that he couldnt save them, and the fact that he fought in the war himself on the front lines probably makes him feel like hes partly the cause of it as well.

when he remembers gallifrey he remembers what it used to be and what it couldve been and regrets that he couldnt change it

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the reason hes so sad is because part of him believes he could have fixed it, that he couldve somehow saved gallifrey. hes not sad that he stopped them, hes sad that he couldnt save them
    I'm sure that is part of it, but his last two incarnations felt ashamed and guilty for the just the act of killing them all. It's very apparent in Eccleston, who just got through with it and everything, but definitely is always present in Tennant's run too.

Eccleston wouldn't even destroy Earth (one planet) to stop the Daleks this time. His whole finale is basically having to relive his decisions from the Time War and purposefully sacrificing potentially all existence just to not be a 'mass murderer' this time. It's an interesting flux that the Doctor gets to go through.

Now Matt Smith I think is completing the circle where he realizes killing evil is necessary and is seemingly moved on from the Time War. I'm sure this upcoming finale will throw all that back in his face, which is what makes his distance from it so much more interesting. I think they've done a much better job at evolving the character in a dramatic circle since Eccleston started it 'anew' than people have realized.
    BAD WOLF

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think he may feel sad / guilty because he had a shot at stopping them (4th doctor) and did not. "The Fall of the 11th" could mean his fall from grace or his death. I was also thinking the dream lord could be his future since he did say:

The Doctor: Drop it! Drop all that. I know who you are.
    Dream Lord: Of course you don't.
    The Doctor: Of course I do. I've no idea how you can be here, but there's only one person in the Universe that hates me as much as you do.

again its a theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    again its a theory.
    Unless it's specifically the Valeyard, I don't think this is possible since there have been a couple of times the Doctor has either a)spoken about a former self or b) ran into a former self and been near reverential in his attitude.

Even though it was a charity special, when 10 merged time streams with 5 he went fanboy on himself and rightly so. Granted 5 was before the Time War, but I just don't see him knowing that a future version of himself would have 'that much' self hatred. I mean...he literally tried to kill him. It doesn't matter how bad things get, the Doctor is very attached to living and being his current self.
    BAD WOLF