Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Thumbs up Words I Never Heard During Wrath as a Healer

"Great heals."

I mean, there were fights that required me to heal, and in the early days of the new ICC heroics sometimes healing actually got a little strenuous, but none of it was anywhere near the challenge of today's heroics. That said, not once during wrath did I ever get a compliment on my healing. When I played a tank and ploughed through an instance or raid? Sure. When I out DPS'd ICC geared people in a mix of 200s and 232s? Sure.

But then I run into groups like an epic Stonecore group I had this morning. And when I say epic I do mean full of fail, as the whole run cycled through 12 people who left. But the tank we ended up getting was good, I was good, and a warlock was good. None of us had completed the place on heroic, and although a great number of DPS kept dropping (rage DC or QQ from one wipe or being totally incapable of standing out of the bad), we pushed through and persevered. Did I get any of the drops I was looking for? No, of course not. But I did become a better healer as things went along, and at the end of the day the people who stuck with me both said "great heals." It was a nice feeling -- especially when I knew I had done well AND stayed patient enough to stick through 3.5 hours of wipe after wipe after boss kill after wipe.

tl;dr: if you see a healer do well -- compliment him or her on it. They'll appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been complimented once or twice, rarely in PuGs. It is very nice when it happens, and healers are by far the least complimented/appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    "RAWRIMABEAR" only goes so far.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    i always let the healers and tanks know when they are doing well... its not something as easily noticeable as dps charts pointing to one dps doing great over the others... alot of the time dps (and sometimes tanks) dont realize how taxing a fight may have been because they were (understandably) focused on their role as a dpser... so kudos to you for getting the compliment and i agree that healers should definately be praised for a job well done

10+ Year Old Account
    the one time I can remember being complimented as a healer was on my shaman in heroic PoS after shamans couldn't remove diseases anymore. and that was on the fear-of-God-inducing pulls right after Ick when we had a hunter disengage into the upper group and pull EVERYTHING and I somehow managed to keep everyone alive. how I did.... I have no idea..... but that got a "good job heals" from the huntard and everyone else saying "oya"

As far as heroics are concerned, healers are really the only role that deserve any compliments for going above and beyond. The simple fact is that there are little opportunities for dps to really shine when stuff gets hairy (other than consistently high dps and it's always been that way) and tanks can't really save the day like they used to. When a tank knows the fight mechanics and accordingly does his job, everything is normal and people don't often offer specific compliments for an uneventful run.

Healers, on the other hand, can make a bad situation manageable through smart triage, dispelling (which still, unfortunately, is often their sole milleu...come on rets, booms, mages, 'locks!) the right stuff, and smartly predicting incoming damage. Basically, when a healer shines, it affects everyone. In contrast, when a tanks or dps shine, it's less noticeable and really only affects the healer.

Having said that, everytime it looks like shit has hit the fan and the healer keeps it together, I always try to give 'em the props they deserve.

I seemed to get heals compliments pretty often in Wrath, I must've just happened upon really nice people alot. But I totally agree that everytime I hear that, it makes my day. Nothing better than hearing that you did a good, great, or awesome job at keeping everyone, or even just enough, people alive. Especially now with how hard healing has gotten.

words i never heard during wrath as a healer "oom"
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got quite a few compliments on healing, but they were almost always in raids.

When I dominated healing meters in VoA pugs with ICC heroic gear, once pulling around 50% of the Healing Done in a particularly bad 25-man pug, you're usually sure to get a whisper like "Wow, amazing heals".

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    words i never heard during wrath as a healer "oom"
    I heard those words all the time on progression raids, especially when people where doing stuff wrong causing large amounts of damage taken.

The whole "Good healers never OOM'd in Wrath" only applies to farming content, normal-modes, and heroic 5-mans, not progression raiding.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-24 at 05:53 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I have been complimented as Tank a lot of times, but today finally after 6 years of WoW I made a healer shaman and i some dude told me: Great healz! TY!

Yeah, I never really heard "Great Heals" much at all, in WOTLK....

in Cata though, I've had at least 10 groups so far compliment my good healing :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I tend to get complimented all the time in my pugs. I think most of them like me for my mana since I don't really run out.

I told my healers good job all the time. Not in the crappy heroics maybe but, HoR, etc. Or if the heals was undergeared and keeping up with my chain pulling I would let him know he was doing a good job.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

Yeah, it's great, I also consider myself a good healer and get compliments quite often.
    But healers are in no way underappreciated. Maybe they were in WoTLK. But generally - no. Playing as DPS is the only thing which makes you feel like you aren't worth anything (even when you top the meters).

Quote Originally Posted by Jakebert View Post
    and healers are by far the least complimented/appreciated.
    I'm sorry, but what?

When was the last time you saw anyone ever say "Great DPS ____". Never.

Healers are the only type of class that gets complimented, and maybe tanks.

Stop acting so victimized.

On topic though, I'll always tell a healer they've done good if they have. Just sucks that there are so many healers out there acting like it's still Wrath season.
    Last edited by MMOBrains; 2010-12-24 at 06:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOBrains View Post
    I'm sorry, but what?

On topic though, I'll always tell a healer they've done good if they have. Just sucks that there are so many healers out there acting like it's still Wrath season.
    I find that when you're outperforming others vastly, you will get a lot of compliments regardless of role.

Because there is no established standard for comparing tanks besides HP, it can sometimes be harder for tanks to distinguish themselves, but when I tank, I'm usually the group leader in terms of setting a very quick pace, marking every pull quickly, and explaining everything as fast and accurately as I can.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOBrains View Post
    I'm sorry, but what?

That exactly. I play at least one of each role. My healers often get compliments they have in wrath and still do. My dps maybe ONCE got a compliment and tanking if i was replacement for a total crap tank. 2 out of every 5 groups compliment the heals. Part of that is 3/5 healer are either crap or just meh.

I'm playing a tank and I complimented a druid healer in a heroic (he was really good) - he never let me drop under 60% health and he still had almost full mana (in 333 and 318/green gear!)

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I'm playing a tank and I complimented a druid healer in a heroic (he was really good) - he never let me drop under 60% health and he still had almost full mana (in 333 and 318/green gear!)
    Did you complement your CC aswell? Cause i believe that's what made the magic happen

As a tank I can say I really love it when I que and get a great healer like yourself, it really sucks when you get so asshat that can mange their mana and just seem like healing isn't there thing. You can tell a good healer from a bad one eazyly now. The best are the healer that heal and cc at the same time and make it look faceroll. On the flip side you can tell a bad fast usually in the first pull, had a shaman in VP heroic, when I asked him to cc a elemental I quote "sorry can't hex those". Oh he also couldn't dispell magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    Did you complement your CC aswell? Cause i believe that's what made the magic happen
    Healer was also one of the CCers. The second was a shaman, he was complimented aswell. However this didn't make the magic happen - you could also see the druid healed the boss encounters with such ease - even on AoE heavy fights.