Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Snatch is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoudai View Post
    Why has nobody mentioned Avatar yet? best movie ever, by far.
    avatar & pocahontas are the same movies. one of it is simply beautifuler...

best movie ever: shawshank redemption

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm...

Fight Club and Inception are both really, really good, haven't seen Shawshank Redemption yet..

---------- Post added 2010-12-26 at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Revic View Post
    avatar & pocahontas are the same movies. one of it is simply beautifuler...

best movie ever: shawshank redemption
    You are right with Avatar & Pocahontas, said this to many ppl. ^^

Deleted
    Im arguing over Shawshank Redemption and Watchmen

Oh lord, I hate these threads, because I have a hard time deciding. It's a close call between Harry Brown, The Dark Knight (Heath Ledger rocked this movie), Fight Club, The Notebook (chick flicks ftw) and The Green Mile. I'm lying... I got more movies on my list

I havent seen Inception yet, any good?

Considering only 2010, for me, it is Inception.

Deleted
    Donnie Darko & Sin City

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I judge different movies by different criteria.

One of my favorites has to be "Children of Man" though.
    I found it interesting that the main protagonist doesn't a single weapon during the entire movie. Infact, he never really fights anyone. The movie itself was very well made on all fronts, but the story lacked imagination. The Road had the opposite problem - Excellent story, poorly executed.

@OP; Asking this question is like picking your favourite food; Every one has individual taste, and even then if you eat the same thing over and over, you'll start to not like it to the point of being turned off by the thought of it. While I'm just arguing semantics, it would've been better to ask "What's your favourite movies?". "Best" is very subjective in this case.

My favourites? The list is long, without shitty movies like Cop out (Seriously?), and I don't have the motivation to write them out.

For 2010; Toy story 3, The Crazies, Get him to the greek (I was surprised at how good this was), Scott Pilgrim and How to train your dragon are all worth watching. Inception is leaps and bounds a head of all of them though.
    I felt disappointed with; The expendables, Iron man 2, Book of eli, Robin hood, A team, Shutter island and Hot tub time machine. While worth some popcorn, I wouldn't tell anyone to go out and watch these right now.
    Last edited by Mewseph; 2010-12-26 at 01:22 PM. Reason: 2010 stuffz.

fight club
    shutter island
    pineapple express

I like to get really baked, and either laugh the whole time... or be tripped out to an epic story because I was so immersed in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewseph View Post
    I found it interesting that the main protagonist doesn't a single weapon during the entire movie. Infact, he never really fights anyone. The movie itself was very well made on all fronts, but the story lacked imagination. The Road had the opposite problem - Excellent story, poorly executed.

@OP; Asking this question is like picking your favourite food; Every one has individual taste, and even then if you eat the same thing over and over, you'll start to not like it to the point of being turned off by the thought of it. While I'm just arguing semantics, it would've been better to ask "What's your favourite movies?". "Best" is very subjective in this case.

My favourites? The list is long, without shitty movies like Cop out (Seriously?), and I don't have the motivation to write them out.
    You know, some people watch movies for fun and entertainment and not to find the deeper meaning of their lives in the bad bad world. That being said, cheer up Cop Out was funny.
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Quack.

Deleted
    I'll cheat a bit. Calling a movie 'the best' usually implies overall production, story, execution etc.. Instead I'll go for the ones I most enjoy, each for it's own reason:
    Blues Brothers, Kelly's heroes, Hunt for red October, Beautiful mind, V for Vendetta, Lion King, Lock stock & two smoking barrels, Up, Who framed Roger Rabbit.

Is there anyone here who knows Kelly's Heroes by the way? I find the movie hilarious, but I haven't talked to anyone who even heard of it.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Have watched it for more than 300 times and I still find it interesting and revolutionary.

Deleted
    shawshank redemption is awsome although i cant believe nobody has said my fav movie of all time , The usual suspects beats anything ive ever seen hands down.

Depending on my mood it differs a lot; but I'd have to say Star Wars due to nostalgia or Blade Runner.

In line with the ongoing festivities this one has to be mentioned, Bad Santa.

Deleted
    Shawshank Redemption or A Clockwork Orange

shutter island or inception

Deleted
    V for Vendetta, Law Abiding Citizen, Lucky Number Slevin, 21, Ironman, Terminator 2.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ughhh, so hard to decide!
    I'm gonna go with pulp fiction or 300 - Haven't really seen shawshank redemption, guess I gotta do it soon :P

OT: How could you say watchmen? For me it was one of the worst movies I've ever watched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha View Post
    Shawshank Redemption.
    Kinda edging towards this and a couple other things ;\ so many good movies!
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77