They took out skirmishs...

Why would they do this? skirmishes had such value to them, I'd always use them to test out comps, specs, addons and the likes!

Whatttttt!?!?!??! D:
    "I don't think they care, druids have their own city, they poop on people in bird form, they poop in the woods in bear form, they poop on roads in cat form, they poop underwater in walrus form, they have no respect for anything except trees." - Strakha

Wargames brosef, Wargames

Quote Originally Posted by dwezul View Post
    Wargames brosef, Wargames
    War games are a nice addition to the game don't get me wrong, but why would they take out skirmishes at the same time? I love doing skirmishes, its like a less stressful version of arena where I don't have to worry about rating. Taking out an aspect like skirmishes only makes the game worse as a whole, it doesn't make it better. I really thought blizzard would go further with the skirmishes and maybe even do rated skirmishes for players who don't have partners, sort of like in starcraft 2.

Deleted
    They should keep both!

Deleted
    I kind of miss getting random opponents, but the ability to play an arena/bg of my choice with my friends, whenever I want and for lolz is just too appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhakera View Post
    I kind of miss getting random opponents, but the ability to play an arena/bg of my choice with my friends, whenever I want and for lolz is just too appealing.
    Well you like both types of games don't you? I mean why would Blizzard take out Skirmishes to add war games? why can they not co-exist? All there doing here is in reality making the game worse as a whole.

Double healer matchups.

yeah, skirmishes are no fun... I would rather just make a 2s team and queue up for giggles for a couple hours then disband the team

Quote Originally Posted by acesi View Post
    War games are a nice addition to the game don't get me wrong, but why would they take out skirmishes at the same time? I love doing skirmishes, its like a less stressful version of arena where I don't have to worry about rating. Taking out an aspect like skirmishes only makes the game worse as a whole, it doesn't make it better. I really thought blizzard would go further with the skirmishes and maybe even do rated skirmishes for players who don't have partners, sort of like in starcraft 2.
    Wargames are unrated. From the sound of what you have said, it's the same thing, just under a different name. You can do wargames whenever you want, and don't have to worry about losing and geting a lower rating because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Wargames are unrated. From the sound of what you have said, it's the same thing, just under a different name. You can do wargames whenever you want, and don't have to worry about losing and geting a lower rating because of it.
    Wargames are a lot harder to start up though, people who like to arena can go right up to the battlemaster and queue for a skirmish. War games on the other hand require you to have (for say 2s) a partner and then an opposing team. And on top of that your facing the same exact team every time, unlike in skirmishes where its different.

It's apples and oranges really. RIP testing randoms from trade in skirmish

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be interesting to have a queue system for Wargames, where you would basically do an unrated game (skirmish) but be able to choose your map if you wanted.

yeah, wargames need a random wargame (skirmish) feature perhaps. but i guess wargames are restricted to your server only?

I think they just should have gone further in with skirmishes, I.E rated skirmishes. This way a player could arena anytime he wanted, without having to rely on a partner(s).