Question about state of mind

Does state of mind serve any purpose? I used to consider it very important when chakra used to last 30 secs with 1 min cd but now... Chakra doesnt cost mana neither trigger global cd. Yes, sometimes chakra state fades in a bad moment cause casting heal in a moment when tank is down with life is less then the best choice but what i do is fheal fheal gheal followed by chakra heal. Am i missing something? probably so cause most of the specs i see around have it. So please explain me, possibly with no insult :P , why it's necessary and how i should change my spec to have it (if u convince me it's necessary :P ). My spec is the following: http://wowtal.com/#k=kv0_hD_4Y.a8t.priest.qRTUG4

Because 30 seconds into Chakra, you don't want to not be able to cast Serenity just because you're in the middle of a Prayer or Greater heal.

Having to stop in a high damage phase just to recast Chakra and Heal is a bad thing.

Specs usually go 2/2, but 1/2 isn't unheard of. I personally can't be caught without 2/2 unless I'm PvP'ing.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

It may save you a cooldown. That's the value of the talent. When you are spending your time spamhealing a tank, it will increase your HPS as you don't have to refresh chakra every 30 seconds, and it allows you to save up chakra so that you can (theoretically) change chakra on demand instead of when the cooldown is up.

And - no, it's not particularly powerful anymore. Then again, neither are the alternatives; almost half of the holypriest talent points are more or less optional stuff that you probably wouldn't notice if blizzard removed them overnight. That's how they like it, apparently. So; i suggest just rolling with the spec you like for now, it's very hard to go wrong almost regardless of what you pick.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find 0/2 to works just fine and really don't understand the need for 2/2. Sure you might end up having to cast an extra heal every once in a while but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by tehmark View Post
    I find 0/2 to works just fine and really don't understand the need for 2/2. Sure you might end up having to cast an extra heal every once in a while but whatever.
    That "But whatever" means you just let someone die. gg

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious as to what was so important for you to put talents in for you to not use this talent. Not trying to troll or anything, I really am curious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcrossedd View Post
    I'm curious as to what was so important for you to put talents in for you to not use this talent. Not trying to troll or anything, I really am curious.
    The two points went to darkness in the shadow tree.

Per Kelesti... you are trying to tell me that the 2 seconds that my chakra isn't active will kill someone? Don't be silly. 30 second buff plus a 30 second cooldown = very little downtime.

The two points went to darkness in the shadow tree.
    2 or 3/3 Darkness isn't hard to get.

Per Kelesti... you are trying to tell me that the 2 seconds that my chakra isn't active will kill someone? Don't be silly. 30 second buff plus a 30 second cooldown = very little downtime.
    I'm saying having it fall off means that you suddenly don't get Serenity anymore. I'm saying that in a high damage phase, you don't want to take the time to cast Heal on a tank when you need Greater, or Greater+ Serenity. Then during a movement phase, Renew falls off and you spent another 4k mana just putting it up again.

Sure, in 5 mans, you don't see the point. That's why they're 5 mans.

15+ Year Old Account
    To each their own. I'm having a blast without it.