Page 1 of 2
LastLast

11k DPS on Boss Dummy, enough to start raid?

As the title says

Is 11k DPS on Boss Dummy enough to start raiding as Destro Warlock?

If not, how much should i aim for

Quote Originally Posted by Nytz View Post
    As the title says

Is 11k DPS on Boss Dummy enough to start raiding as Destro Warlock?

If not, how much should i aim for
    Isn't 11k DPS the same as what people were getting in HM Wrath gear?
    ...isn't it also considered skilled entry level Heroic instance DPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

It's a bit low, but you'll manage in raids on normal modes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

In BiS gear on a premaid on the ptr, I was doing 11k, so definately.

Most people I raid with only do 6-7k (lol I do 15)

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    In BiS gear on a premaid on the ptr, I was doing 11k, so definately.

Most people I raid with only do 6-7k (lol I do 15)
    THat's not BiS gear, it's non heroic BiS. And 11k in that seems very low to be honest.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Raiding's not some mythical lofty goal mate. Very rarely are you required to stand still and tunnelvision nuke something. Go join a raid and then you'll find out if you're ready or not!

FYI though, 11k target dummy is plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    With a 30% buff probably. You should be okay, it's more important you survive than run 20k or w/e. Around 13-16k should get most bosses dead quite reliably.

I'm sustaining about 12k or a little more on my rogue in heroic blues, without any raid drops except for a thrown weapon, with no food buff or flask, only poisons. On raids, I can burst to 26k and sustain 16~17k. So I think you'll be fine. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    THat's not BiS gear, it's non heroic BiS. And 11k in that seems very low to be honest.
    Well locks were nerfed, so...

well I don't actually play a lock lol.

Someone I knew that played a lock went on the ptr with me and I actually did more dps than him on my first time ever on a lock lol

On my hunter (SV for raiding) I can burst about 21-22k and sustain 15-16k in raids.

11k on a target dummy translates to quite a bit more in a raid setting... I'd say its fine for 10 mans.

You're not fully buffed.
    Your target is not fully debuffed.

11k especially on the dummy seems easily enough.

You'll be fine. Don't worry so much about DPS anyway, unless it's abnormally low (Which that isn't).

It's more important that you stay alive.

9k on a target dummy self buffed is enough for ANY class to do their job in a regular raid

11K on Boss Dummy seems ok, lets assume a Baradin Hold fight (easiest u will ever find) with a 10man group buffs plus Hero/Bloodlust you should push it to 12 maybe 13 BUT be sure you are hit capped and all that little things bring your food, bring flasks and finaly if u know out to NOT stay on fire you should perform well.

Don't feel bad about 11k. I only do 13.7k (5m Duration, No DI procs but 3% haste to me and imp, CoE, No Shadowflame). 25m BH boss I do around 19k average (depends if I feel like trying and planets align, could prolly hit around 21k). Fights like 25m V&T I do about 20k. What I'm saying is that dummy dps doesn't matter as much as gaming the mechanics to the max (aka Shadowflame + Bane of Havoc) in raid encounters. If you know the fight and can adapt to the mechanics I'm sure you'll do fine even with 11k dps (however it would be substantially more than 11k in a raid environment).

Btw previous posters: Doesnt the fact that ~42% haste (destro haste cap) and 30%+ crit had anything to do with the fact that you could pull 11k on dummys back in 277 gear? Think about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    11k is good on a dummy with only self buffs. This means you should do 7-9k in a heroic w/ movement and 17k+ in a 25 man raid.

Generic Rule of thumb: Dummy DPS x 1.6 = Patchwerk raid dps, Dummy DPS / 1.2 = Heroic DPS

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    11k is good on a dummy with only self buffs. This means you should do 7-9k in a heroic w/ movement and 17k+ in a 25 man raid.

Generic Rule of thumb: Dummy DPS x 1.6 = Patchwerk raid dps, Dummy DPS / 1.2 = Heroic DPS
    Thats weird, I do 11-12k on dummy and 14k in HCs :s!

Edit: geeeeez didnt realize this is a warlock forum soz
    Last edited by Foxhoundn; 2011-01-25 at 06:12 PM.

Where you standing in fire when you were dps'ing the dummy?

Did you BoH a dummy?

now im not a warlock but in our core raiding group we have a destro who pull like 11-12k while a affliction lock pulls 15k whatever the case 11k is enough of that i can assure you.

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    combat ratings were stupidly inflated in wrath which means some people are no longer haste or hit capped anymore not to speak of how low crit chance is now all of that results in lower dps than in icc with 30% buff and icc25 heroic gear.

Deleted
    11k DPS you say?

...do you stand in the fire or do you at least have the situational awareness of a lower mammal?

25k DPS won't help you if you fail to move.